Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"That may be true, but..." Mizuki shakes her head. "Would you like tea tomorrow? I sing for you, though I give you caution for that. And you can see what is behind the mask."

"I... I think I'd like that," Baatar replied, sounding a little tentative at first.

Then, in a steadier voice, he added, "I bet you sing very nicely." He smiled at her.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:47 am

Since no-one has approached Butaj he still stands there, seemingly dazed, one eye on the competition, the other on the woman who sang for him.

(No chats for Butaj?)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 am

Yuuru scanned the crowd once more and nodded a greeting to Butaj.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 am

She makes her second attempt at escape, slipping away before Nintoku can say anything this time. "Powerful," she tells Butaj, "Asako-sama is a lovely woman."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 am

The wild social sense of Butaj allows him to catch the nod somehow, and nod back. His legs carry him closer to the friendly Soshi. "Day's going good for Soshi Yuuru? No song for the lady of his heart?" He asks half-focused, silly, distracted smile not parting with his lips as his gaze tends to drift to Yuki. His hand holds the handle of the lady's fan behind his belt. With Amaya joining them, he grins. "Butaj is in full agreement with that sentiment and hopes his merriment is no impediment."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 am

She bows politely to the unfamiliar Scorpion, smiling at Butaj's obvious infatuation. "I was speaking with her yesterday. Do her proud, brother, she'll make a good husband of you."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:26 am

"There is a lot of Butaj for her to shape into goodness, if it is what it is meant to be." He smirks. Things happening in his head are more or less like this:

Moto Butaj

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 am

After his song, Takashi circulates in the audience, trying to catch impressions of the decidedly un-Rokugani event and how it might influence the miai results. Though he is rarely one to seek a drink, the emotion of the performance makes him more motivated than usual. Seeing a rather famous Yasuki with drink in hand, conversing with a Lion cousin--it's too convenient to pass up.

"Yasuki Tomonaga-sama, I presume," Takashi says with a bow and a wide smile. "Word of your product's quality precedes you."

He also gives a small bow to his clanmate. "Matsu-san, please forgive my intrusion into your conversation."
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:29 am

Yuuru greeted Butaj when he arrived and listened to the exchange with Amaya with a smile before bowing to her as well, "I'm doing quite well Moto-san, it's a pleasure to see you. I'm afraid I'm not nearly as good a singer as you or Ide-san here... and I'd fear I'd embarrass anyone that I'd offer a song to."

He smiled at both of them, "But I am pleased both of you have seemed to find people to which you are ready to dedicate yourselves. That is a cause for joy."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:35 am

She blushes a little, covering it with her fan, "you do not sing for fear of your voice not doing justice to your hopeful intended. Does that mean you have some idea who you would like call yours?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:43 am

"Butaj is not a chooser at this pairing kurultai but his heart couldn't stay still when being so amorously addressed. Yuki has been very beautifully honest about her feelings toward Butaj, and few things could endear Butaj as much as truth of the heart expressed without fear."

Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:44 am

He smiled coyly at Samai's question, "Perhaps."

Though it looks like it's me and every Taro, Ichiro, and Jiro in this joint for my top choice...

"That's wonderful to hear Moto-san." He smiled warmly.

He then chuckled, "But I doubt that those who have caught my eye reciprocate the feelings as deeply as your two intended partners do... I'd hate to embarrass or burden any of the women I've met with unwanted attention. Unfortunately I'm not in a position where I'd be likely to marry any woman I romanced; instead I'll wait and romance the woman I marry. Do whatever I can to make her happy once I know she is mine to make happy."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 am

She murmurs in apparent agreement. "It does seem that I've gone about this ma-ai rather backwards. I pray the Fortunes will see fit to keep me in their favour."

Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 am

He smiled, "I'm sure they will. Not many would be willing to come between an Imperial and his bride without good cause."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 am

Asako Hirase wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai. I expected a martial event too." Yue thought back to Butaj, speaking to Mizuki, a bit of jealousy coming back. But she suppressed it for now. "Moto Butaj," she started, unsure on how to approach the topic. She leaned in. "I would not say he has any influence on these events. Instead, I would say that the Family shaped that part of him."

Hirase nodded, slowly. "I had wondered if it was the Shinjo teaching or simply Unicorn culture as a whole. He mentioned he trained with your Family. You've never mentioned a fondness for it before now, but you showed talent enough."

Yue let out a small laugh. "I am a Shinjo trained by the Moto and he is a Moto trained by the Shinjo." She then shook her head. "I am not a performer and neither is my sister. However, our stories were passed down via oral tradition."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields