Ancestors Guidance (D7, LM)

Ancestors Guidance (D7, LM)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am

Her loss has been mourned, duty demanded the Shiotome to move forward. Kitakuhime readies the Shiotome Yurt Cluster for another guest: rice, tea, cheese and coffee are prepared. She patiently waits for Imane and the Kitsu which she invited earlier on with a letter.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Re: Ancestors Guidance (D7, LM)

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 am

It was a sorority Yurt and all the Otaku knew it. You didn't get to be in Kitakuhime's gang if you weren't one of the cool (i.e. honourable) kids.

"Ohayou Kitakuhime-chan, it is Imane." She announced herself before entering the yurt and breathing deeply of the coffee aroma. There was a sudden feeling of loss as she noted the absence of Chi-Pu, but it was quickly suppressed.

"I hope this morning finds you well sister?". She moved to offer a brief hug since their expected guest had yet to arrive.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 pm

"Ohayou Imane-chan~!" Kitakuhime beams up while pouring her some coffee and sitting closely nearby. "I feel great. A bit worried about the Moto event, though. I've heard people saying we are supposed to sing,"

She curls her lips, "I've always watched you sing, perhaps I might try something You, though: you'll own this test just like the other day."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:23 pm

Imane blushed a little at the praise and tried to disguise it with a sip of the coffee.

"That's very kind sister, but I'm a much better musician than singer." She smiled at the thought of performing. "Knowing the Moto it won't be as simple as just singing though... Singing on horseback? Singing while wrestling?". She laughed musically and drank some more of the refreshing liquid. "Have you made any decisions about who you will favour yet? I know there is time yet, but perhaps someone has your eye?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 pm

"I..." She freezes a bit, and suddenly, her hands start to shake. Noticing it before it was too late, she delivers the cup back to the tray.

"I would like your opinions, Imane-chan. Who do you think I should marry?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 pm

That was not the reaction she was expecting. "I... Oh. Well, an honourable and upstanding samurai who is worthy of you and good for the Otaku. Preferably someone you respect. Ideally someone you can love?"

She looked at the cup and back to her friend. "Does anyone you have met so far match these things?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:45 pm

She nods, "A few, in fact. That is why I wanted to hear you first. Not to compel you to agree with me just because of who I am."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 pm

She nodded at that, sipped her delicious coffee, and continued. "Of course sister, allow me to give you my council. If I were in your position I would most likely be considering Kitsune Takeo-sama, as this would send a message that the Unicorn value their roots in the Empire. It might also help to bring about a rejoining of the peoples of the Ki-rin, in more ways than one." She smiled bashfully. "He seems like a good man, and is undeniably attractive."

Returning to her coffee gave her a few moments to think further on the other possibilities.

"A member of the Imperial families would also send out a strong signal due to their importance in the running of the Empire. Or perhaps a Dragon to strengthen our ties with them? I hope to meet this Togashi Udo-san myself to see if he would make a worthy Otaku."
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:57 pm

At the mention of his name, her smile broadens. "I'm glad you think just the same as me. Who do you intent to grace?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 pm

A pleasant voice arrives from outside: clear but not loud. "Otaku Kitakuhime-sama? Kitsu Takashi. I'm honored to accept your invitation."

With a very keen ear, a faint anxiety can be heard in the voice.

Once granted entry, the Lion bows deeply and then sits as he's directed. His eyes flashed from one woman to the other the moment he entered, but there's not even a moments hesitation in the man's formal greeting.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Kitakuhime purses her lips to hold words to Imane and lifts herself up to bow to the Kitsu. "Kitsu-san. An honor to have you here with us. Care to share some of the Fortune's blessings with us?" She smiles to him. "Tea, a bowl of rice?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:39 pm

The Kitsu smiles easily, the familiarity of tea and formalized encounters driving away a faint sense of awkwardness.

"Tea would be most appreciated, Otaku Kitakuhime-sama." He bows his head briefly in thanks. "This one is honored by your hospitality and the opportunity to meet with you and your--" his voice fades for a moment, clearly hanging on his word choice--"comrade. Thank you."
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:06 pm

"Well, I have not..." And then the Kitsu arrived, and they had other things to talk about. A bow was offered to the man when he entered. "Otaku Imane, pleased to make your acquaintance Kitsu-san. Otaku-sama and I have known each other since we were children." She looked to her sister when the opportunity to serve tea was presented, raising an eyebrow to ask if she should do it.
Otaku Imane

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:31 pm

With a pleasant smile, Kitakuhime winks ––just for Imane –– so she may proceed with the welcoming ceremony. "Indeed. Imane-chan is the prodigy of our family. Honors us in everything she does."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Takashi remains smiling, nods politely, and patiently follows the lead of the Unicorn women. Speak when spoken to sounds pretty safe.
Kitsu Takashi

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts