Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:25 am

"I didn't know that, actually. Huh," she chuckled. Nintoku in furst on a Unicorn war-horse. That'd be quite a sight. He'd look good like that.

"It is a popular practice when taking a new name upon your gempukku, to choose either the name of a great ancestor or a renowned hero. Well, at least with the bushi. Is he related to this giant killer too?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 am

“It is practice some do within Unicorn, I took name of warrior, she was stubborn and strong like donkey… thus Khulun,” she says proudly.

“Plus I was called Little Donkey when young, seemed right.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 am

"Your name means... donkey?" Tomoe said with an amused grin. "I will never let you live that down now..."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Your name means... donkey?" Tomoe said with an amused grin. "I will never let you live that down now..."

“Donkey strong, not so fast but strong and determined, good animal. Not so good here?” she asks with some confusion.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 am

"Oh, the donkey certainly considered to have those traits, but it's not exactly considered a noble animal... then again, nicknames aren't nescessarily given for their noble attributes. I've known people who have nicknames like Ox or Monkey. Choosing your name based on a nickname like that is perfectly good - shows that Moto-san has a good sense of humor and some humility too," she gave the Moto woman a warm smile.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

“Is your name meaningful, name of ancient ancestor who writes good?” she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:56 am

"I would not know if her writing skills were any good," Tomoe grinned, "she was a talented bushi who fought hard to protect the lands of the Ki-Rin after Lady Shinjo left the Empire."

"Tomoe was said to be especially beautiful, with white skin, long hair, and charming features. She was also a remarkably strong archer, and as a swordswoman she was a warrior worth a thousand, ready to confront a demon or a man, mounted or on foot. She handled unbroken horses with superb skill; she rode unscathed down perilous descents. Whenever a battle was imminent, her lord sent her out as his first captain, equipped with strong armor, an oversized sword, and a mighty bow; and she performed more deeds of valor than any of his other warriors."

"She was among those who marched against the Lion after they assumed control of the Ki-Rin's lands, and she died in honorable battle against their overwhelming army."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:06 pm

“Strong name, good one to honor and bring more glory to. Good death defending others,” she says proudly.

“We have much to learn, from each other, yes. I am learning more and more that old and new ways will clash. It is our way to change with the wind, this will be no different.”

“Odd day, perhaps something in the milk? Livestock eat bad oats?” she says looking around.
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:
Seppun Hideo wrote:...and nodded with a smile. "It seems Otaku-sama has found one that wishes to sing to her."

He paused before adding "mina-sama sang very lovely songs, both...unique in their own ways."

She nods thankfully, and waits to see what else they wanted to say in silence.

Benten above.... why do you hate me?!

"Mhm... minnasama have a lovely voice, unlike me." Clumsy diversion attempt #1!
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:31 pm

Freshly finished and flush with a certain degree of satisfaction, if not pride, Hirase made his way to the group of listeners. He hoped to talk to Yue and take any ill-will he might have coming head on like a samurai should, but saw she was in conversation.

So he moseyed in her general vicinity, trying to catch her eye, but did not move to intrude.

{{Waiting for Yue but happy to chat to whoever, PM please!}}
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:Baatar blinked in surprise at this new information. "And they call us uncivilized," he remarked sardonically.

"I haven't met many Crab so far; only that Yasuki that always brings sake. He seemed like a nice guy, are most of them not like him?"

Mizuki bows. "Forgive me. This one was making a joke. I was just hoping to lighten the mood." Of course, they know nothing about the Crab. Idiot.. "Though the Yasuki as a whole a lot different from the rest of their Clan. The Crab's duty is among the brutalest in the Empire. Many of the are a grimmer than most in the Empire."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki bows. "Forgive me. This one was making a joke. I was just hoping to lighten the mood."

"Though the Yasuki as a whole a lot different from the rest of their Clan. The Crab's duty is among the brutalest in the Empire. Many of the are a grimmer than most in the Empire."

"Oh... it was a joke!" Baatar feigned a confused smile, but it was obvious that he didn't really understand the joke.

"So the Crab fight a lot at weddings, too?" he asked. "I guess they must have a lot of those 'duelist' types then?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Ide Samai wrote:
Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:She nods thankfully, and waits to see what else they wanted to say in silence.

Benten above.... why do you hate me?!

"Mhm... minnasama have a lovely voice, unlike me." Clumsy diversion attempt #1!

"I think Ide-sama put on a very lovely performance I'm sure Yasuki-sama will have enjoyed it" Hideo said with a smile...which became a little more difficult when said Yasuki started singing a song for someone else.

That's a little awkward

He turned to Kitakuhime, taking a moment before speaking quietly so that only Kitaku and Samai could hear.

"Otaku-sama, forgive me for approaching a...perhaps sensitive subject, but may I enquire as to the...reason behind the choosing of your song target?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Yuuru listened carefully to all the songs but the Yasuki's song managed to take the smirk from off his lips.

You huh? Dang... He's a good one...
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:07 pm

"It seemed to inspire him." Samai managed to combine polite conversation with deadpan delivery. Truly an epic feat.

Samai tried not glaring at Kutakehime.... nupe, she glared. No holding back.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields