[Day 6 - Late Afternoon] Have You Heard The Good News?

Re: [Day 6 - Late Afternoon] Have You Heard The Good News?

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:08 am

"I am certain that the Fortunes would be quite pleased with such a donation, Bayushi-san. I will have one of the Iuchi conduct the necessary rituals, unless you would feel more comfortable doing so yourself...?" Dabo leaves the question lingering in the air between them.
Unicorn Clan • Courtier • Governor

Honor: What is Expected
Glory: 1.0
Ide Dabo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm

"I would hope that they approve of my offerings." She said with a few nods. "However, I would still be meeting quite a number of statues to erect temporary shrines. Ebisu-no-kami, Bishamon-no-kami, Daikoku-no-kami and the aforementioned Benten-no-kami, just to name a few. It would be great to have those statues for the Shrine too! Perhaps, with your word, I could perhaps request similar offerings from the village and camp too?" She said curiously, wondering if the governor had some way of producing the statues or she would have to go hunting for them.

"I'd be more than happy to offer my services in consecrating the grounds and purify them so that the blessed Fortune statues will have a home at the Shrine! I'd probably need a few things to make that possible, like a basin of water, rice paper, salt and some rice...but I imagine that monks there have those available. Perhaps, I could get started as early as tomorrow morning!" She said eagerly at the idea.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ide Dabo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 pm

"The water and other items should be easy enough," Dabo confirms, already making a mental note for the servants to prepare such items for the little Scorpion. "As for statues, the only ones within the village likely arrived with guests. If they are willing to donate such items to assist in expanding the shrine's influence, that would be quite kind of them, but I do not wish for them to think that doing so is a requirement of the miai. I don't want to deprive them of their personal effigies."

Ide Dabo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:29 am

"Oh! Of course not! I'm sure some are personal mementoes too, even heirlooms. I suppose I will have to put up a sign at both the Shrine and the Administrative Centre to see if there are some generous souls out there who may be willing to part with their possessions. I suppose I could try to offer my consultation of the oracle in repayment." She nodded soundly at that.

"Before I forget, thank you very much for your assistance and approval, Ide-sama! It wasn't my intention to overstep my bounds, but I felt I had to offer my aid in an area where I could of some use and offer my personal expertise."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ide Dabo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

Dabo raises his hand. "No, no, there is nothing to thank me for, Bayushi-san. It is my duty to administer this village, and your suggestion has helped me to do that. If anything, I should be thanking you."

Ide Dabo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 pm

She gave a stiffened a small giggle at that and dipped her head to show gratitude. "If you think I'm deserving of it, then I won't disagree with your wisdom. You are, after all, the governor that future generation of Unicorn in Rokugan will look up to."

"I've probably taken enough of your time for today, Ide-sama! Is there anything else you need from me or wish to address, regarding the Shrine or otherwise?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 pm

At the conclusion of their meeting, Hotaru posted the following sign with the aid of the some borrowed paper and brushes, with the Governor's approval..

"THE SHRINE NEEDS YOUR HELP!

For centuries the Shrine of the Emerald Champion makes the grounds where the Emerald Championships were held in the past. It also honours the first Emerald Champion, the Great Kakita. The monks of the Shrine have been hard at work in maintaining the grounds with their hard work and vigilance. You can help in this effort too!

The monks at the Shrine of the Emerald Champion appreciates your generous donations and volunteer work!

Your generous donations will go toward lodgings and building the foundation of a future temple, a permanent place of worship and reverence. We are also in need of statues and artwork honouring the Seven Fortunes. Please seek Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shining Retreat, if you have such pieces and wish to donate. She will contribute them to the Shrine upon review, with her personal blessings.

May the Fortunes bless you."

Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to The Administrative Center