Greeting Lady Sun, D7, EM.

Greeting Lady Sun, D7, EM.

Postby Seppun Hitako on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:11 am

Hitako, after a bad day previously, when her whole body just seemed to fail her, is feeling a little better. With all the rest she had gotten, unable to do much, she had woken early. Which meant she could get out early, and greet Lady Sun as she rose. Along with her brazier, lit to allow her Smokeless Fire companion to greet Her with Hitako.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Re: Greeting Lady Sun, D7, EM.

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 am

Hideo needed a walk in the morning. It had been a quite lovely night, but now it was the turn of the Moto to run events, and he felt...nervous. What would the Moto throw at them?

He made his way to the shrine, noticing his cousin already there and bowed towards her, however he didn't interrupt her prayers.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:36 am

She continued her prayers until Lady Sun had cleared somewhat onto the horizon, then finished. Noting that someone was nearby, she turned, and bowed, then saw who it was. "Ah, Lady Sun's Blessing on you, cousin. Have you had rice yet?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 am

Hideo smiled. "Lady Suns blessings upon you also, honoured cousin. I hope you are well? I have indeed partaken in Inari-no-kamis blessing this morning, I hope you have also?"

He took a moment to look over the sunrise before turning back to Hitako.

"How have you found the miai?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 am

"Actually, I haven't yet. Soon, though. And, I have found the Unicorn nice enough, but their cuisine doesn't seem to always agree with me. At all."

She leaned over, and blew out the incense burning in the brazier she'd brought. "I wish I had not reacted so poorly to it. I wanted the chance to ride one of their horses yesterday. Sadly, health would not allow it."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:57 pm

"I do hope you will be ok cousin" Hideo spoke with concern "the foods of the Unicorn are certainly very unique, and I can understand a sensitive stomach may not be as approving as the taste buds have been. Perhaps your future husband will allow you to ride? I'm sure it will be expected of us to learn, neh?" He chuckled "it was certainly a quite wonderful experience."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:52 am

"Ah? Was it the ones most ride, or the giant ones that the Otaku ride?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 am

"It wasn't an Otaku horse, thankfully. I'm unsure what would have happened if unskilled riders had used such powerful horses, nor how much the Otaku would have been offended if non-Otaku had been on the steeds without them. They have strict rules on who can use Otaku mounts."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 am

"Ah? I haven't spoken to any of the Otaku, so haven't learned much of them. What sort of rules?"
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:36 pm

"Otaku Kitakuhime-sama explained to me that the Otaku do not marry out of family for any reason. It appears they are more strict than any other for this kind of thing" Hideo explained with a thoughtful expression "not many here can cause issue with this, but I do wonder what the Otaku would say if one of their own had been chosen by someone of higher status."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:58 am

"It might be interesting to find out. Alternately, does the husband gain such a horse, as he enters the family? Interesting things we learn as we spend time here."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:49 pm

"From what I have learnt, the Otaku do not allow men to ride the horses into battle, due to an agreement with the first Otaku horse...or a spirit of some sort. Either way, there is that agreement. I would imagine, being that the Unicorn do not have enough horses to go around, that anyone marrying into the Unicorn is not guaranteed to receive a horse" Hideo frowned "there appears to be a shortage until the Unicorn begin breeding the animals I suppose."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 pm

"See, something else interesting that's been learned. Hmm, do they have any interest in seeing if any of the horses we have here in the Empire are worth breeding with theirs? Slightly larger horses for the Emperor's traveling group, or the Miya, might be worth working towards."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm

"I would certainly wish to work towards that goal, and I believe I have a good friendship with the Otaku maidens. In time...perhaps a deal can be made with the Unicorn to allow this. However, I think in the short term, this may not be achievable. Unlikely it will be possible with the Otaku at all, with how sacred the horses are to them" Hideo paused a moment, considering something "...unless one was to marry a Unicorn into their family, and arrange for the breeding themselves. I would imagine the horse would join the partner."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Seppun Hitako on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:28 pm

"If such could happen. Also, it might be possible to find the largest horses from here we can find, and offer them to help the Unicorn of the non-Otaku families to breed more faster, with the understanding we get one of any twins that might be born."
Seppun Hitako
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion