Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:03 am

"Shinjo's Law." he answered. "Our guests are not family, but they are here to become it. They will either join us, or accept us into their families. Among family, we would not resolve this with blood, much less death. That is the way of the Empire. If you accept that, you may as well accept her words. If you wish to stand by our ways, then use them."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:08 am

The situation seeming diffused for now, Akil bows to Liu Yue, ignoring her statement for the time being. "Please excuse me, Li Yue-san. There's something I would like to do."

He approached Mei calmly, bowing as appropriate. "Pardon me, Miya-sama?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Shinjo's Law." he answered. "Our guests are not family, but they are here to become it. They will either join us, or accept us into their families. Among family, we would not resolve this with blood, much less death. That is the way of the Empire. If you accept that, you may as well accept her words. If you wish to stand by our ways, then use them."

"Heavens know I tried. I offered hand-to-hand combat. She denied: her bloodlust asked for steel and blood. If I accept her words, I accept the Unicorn is in the mud. Would you accept that, Kemuri-san?" She closes her eyes, still smiling. "I understand the affection both of you share. I've heard your songs. Please, do not place yourself against your cousin."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Miya Mei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am

Mei wipes at her face quickly with her hand and turns to the newcomer.

Her face is red and eyes somewhat puffy and watery.

"Y..Yes, Shinjo-san?"

She bows.
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 am

If Akil noticed her discomfort, he gave off no indication. "Perhaps we may have a word in private?" He offered her, "I wish to seek clarification, with the understanding that I believe your initial gesture at least was made in good faith."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:20 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"Heavens know I tried. I offered hand-to-hand combat. She denied: her bloodlust asked for steel and blood. If I accept her words, I accept the Unicorn is in the mud. Would you accept that, Kemuri-san?" She closes her eyes, still smiling. "I understand the affection both of you share. I've heard your songs. Please, do not place yourself against your cousin."

"Hand to hand combat? You mean a duel with shinai, as tradition?" he asked. "She rejected that?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:21 am

Mei nods and motions for him to stand next to her.

When he is, she turns her back to the crowd and begins to speak in a soft voice.

"I needed to speak with Otaku-sama, Moto-san, and Shinjo-san immediately to explain what they had just done. In the Empire, such relationships are intended to be kept on the utmost of secrecy, for it is ill suited to speak the name of your lover in public, even more so if that one is of the same gender. Additionally, at an event looking to choose a husband, singing love of a woman could be taken terribly wrong by the men of the Empire."

Mei sighs

"I am a Miya. We are called the Voice of the Emperor. I am to spread news across the Empire, but also to spread reasons for why things are the way they are. To help assist the clans. I wanted to explain to them how they could speak to the matter in a way that would not make the Unicorn look bad, as the rumors of late have been very harsh to your people."

Mei glances back at Kitakuhime

"Somewhere along the line, things went sideways, words were said that cannot be retracted on either side, and here we are."

Mei looks back to Akil with pleading in her eyes.

"Know I did not mean for this. A duel, perhaps, to show error of ways, but not for death."

----Rolls----
[D7 Afternoons] Sincerity: 4d10o10k3 23

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:23 am

Amaya had observed her kin from behind Hideo's fan with growing discomfort. What is the Princess doing? It seemed as though she were imploring the Fortunes to turn their backs on her. First she refused to play by the rules of the game, and now she wanted to duel unto the death? What could have hurt her so badly that she prefers death to marriage?
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:24 am

"Then why is your issue with them, and not with those who organized this event?" He can't his head in curiosity.

"The organizers told them to proclaim their love proudly to the Heavens. Are they expected to do so insincerely, dishonestly? It strikes me that, while I understand your frustrations, they might be misplaced."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:26 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Hand to hand combat? You mean a duel with shinai, as tradition?" he asked. "She rejected that?"

She shakes her head. "Not with shinai. Jiujutsu. To submission, as tradition. She rejected with steel."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 am

"Why not shinai?" he was becoming more confused. "That is how we duel."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:38 am

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Then why is your issue with them, and not with those who organized this event?" He can't his head in curiosity.

"The organizers told them to proclaim their love proudly to the Heavens. Are they expected to do so insincerely, dishonestly? It strikes me that, while I understand your frustrations, they might be misplaced."

"My displeasure is in that she would not listen to the urgency of my desire to speak with the three of them. I simply wished to pull them aside as you have me, and discuss it with them. I am embarrassed at having to shout my love for Shinjo Kemuri-san to the Four Winds, but I understand there are differences between our people and I accept that."

"What I am not accepting of is refusing to allow me to assist in helping the three of them know what to say should the rest of the day come difficult for them due to their actions. Thrice I offered to talk in private, thrice I was denied. Otaku-sama wanted to wait until tomorrow and have tea. By then, the whole camp would be abound by rumors! I impressed to her that the Unicorn name had already been drug through the mud, and pushing me aside would only do so further."

"When everything is said and done, my frustration is no longer even about the minor etiquette dispute, it is more about her insulting my honor to assist, and for her, it was me insulting her ability as a leader, her clan's honor and traditions, and many other things that might have been said in the heat of the moment in my urgency."

Mei shakes her head.

"There is no need for a duel to the death. A duel to first blood is acceptable and all I wish for."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:40 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Why not shinai?" he was becoming more confused. "That is how we duel."

"I confess I have chosen jiujutsu due all the Moto around looking at me." She blinks a bit.

"My intention was pure. She pressed on with first blood and remained adamant –– without ever retracting her offense. As many heard, she accused me even further in her anger."

Kitakuhime looks down to her hands. "I expect the Kami grant her wisdom. So she may apologize, back down and learn from her mistakes. I cannot: I will not allow such grave slander to mar our Clan's name."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:50 am

"I am unaware of any Unicorn who has dueled to the death, do you really wish to be the first?" he asked. "Do you think Ide-dono will allow it, here? I am offering an alternative."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:53 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"I am unaware of any Unicorn who has dueled to the death, do you really wish to be the first?" he asked. "Do you think Ide-dono will allow it, here? I am offering an alternative."

She squints her eyes at him, now. "In the desert, the Otaku fought and dueled against many honorable opponents to death. Emma-O is not a stranger to us, Kemuri-san. Miya-san is not an Unicorn, yet. It would be very fortunate –– and in her best interest –– that she apologizes before entering the Clan she just declared was in the mud."

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields