What Does the Fox Say? (D7 - EM - Takeo's Room)

What Does the Fox Say? (D7 - EM - Takeo's Room)

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:39 am

Takeo had arranged for a light breakfast to be served - rice and eggs with some sesame seeds for flavor - and several blends of tee steeped so his guests might choose from the white or green to their liking. He had thought of everything he could in order to make a good impression upon his guests. They would expect no less, he was sure.
Last edited by Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Re: What Does the Fox Say? (D6 - EM - Takeo's Room)

Postby Kakita Nanami on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:12 am

There came a light scratch knock at the door; when the women was allowed entry, she stepped in, bowing to the Fox, "Kitsune-sama - I am glad to accept your invitation and meet your acquaintance. This one is Kakita Nanami."

She peered at the food, waving her fan as she did so, "I expect my cousins should be along shortly."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:00 am

Not wishing the Kakita to be proven a liar, Doji Fukawa scratched at the door not long after she said such.

When admitted, she would bow politely to those assembled.

"Kitsune-sama, it is an honor to meet you." she said. "I am Doji Fukawa."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Ameka arrives immediately after, following the other two and scratching at the door and bowing once invited inside to everyone present. "Minna-sama, good morning. Kitsune-sama, thank you for the invitation, and it is an honor to meet you. I am Doji Ameka."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:38 pm

As the last of his guests arrived, Takeo smiled and bowed to each in turn.

"Ohayo minna-sama - thank you for agreeing to meet me at such an early hour. As you have been kind enough to greet me with Amaterasu's rising, I thought the least I could do would be to provide breakfast. Rice and fresh eggs are at hand, along with sesame and," he paused for dramatic effect, a wry smirk on his face, "for the more adventuresome the Unicorn have been kind enough to provide a sauce they call 'curry,' if that is to your taste."

He gestured for each of his guests to take a seat around the table. It was small, given the Unicorn's accomodations, but could be painted as quaint should one choose.

"I am Kitsune Takeo and as Kitsune-dono's representative at the miai, please also let me take this moment to extend the Fox's gratitude to the Crane for the history of support that they have shown to the minor clans." He bowed again before taking his own seat.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Re: What Does the Fox Say? (D7 - EM - Takeo's Room)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Fukawa took her seat at the table, though when it came to food, she stuck to the strictly traditional. She had heard rumors she'd be singing in public today, and didn't want to risk a repeat of the Ide Dinner.

She bowed again at the Fox's gratitude.

"The Crane are always happy to help their friends whenever it is possible to do so." she replies. "However, sincere appreciation is always approved of, and deserves to be passed further up."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Doji Ameka on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Ameka chose to accept the curry, on the other hand. Unicorn food had agreed with her the other day, and the spices she smelled might give her flavoring ideas. "You are most kind, Kitsune-sama. Thank you for the hospitality." She was content to let Fukawa speak for the Crane for the moment.

Doji Ameka

Postby Kakita Nanami on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm

The Kakita gave a polite smile and folded her legs under herself as she sat, accepting the curry, "Your generosity is most kind, Kitsune-sama." The smell reminded her of some of the more flavourful foods sometimes found in the Dragon Mountains though much stronger. "As my cousin Doji-san says, the Fox and the other minor clans have always been friends of the Crane."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:56 pm

"Alliances are built on respect and the Crane have always treated us with a measure that other clans would not," he said as he moved to pour tea for each of the women.

"Have you all been enjoying your time at the miai? The activities have certainly been...well, sometimes unconventional I suppose."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Kakita Nanami on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:17 am

The Kakita nodded politely, "Hai, Kitsune-sama." She sipped at the poured tea, savouring the flavour, "It has been... most enlightening to see how our distant cousins in the Unicorn have been living all these years. I'm sure it has given all of us something to think about."
Kakita Nanami

Postby Doji Fukawa on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:33 am

Fukawa nods.

"Unconventional perhaps, but they still carry a respect for the arts." Fukawa points out. "They also still follow bushido, though their ways have roughened over the centuries, they still are an honest and courageous people."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm

"They do have honor and carry respect for the arts," she agrees quietly. "Their customs are different in some ways, but not too much. I think it's good for everyone to encounter that from time to time."

Doji Ameka

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Takeo nodded in agreement.

"As they have much to learn from us, I expect we have much to learn from them - and not just about life beyond the Empire, but about how those experiences have shaped them. They may do some things differently and different may not always mean worse," he said.

"I am glad that the Crane are finding the experience and the returned clan to be interesting and pleasant - I am certain Doji-no-kami would be pleased that her descendants have welcomed those of her sister so warmly."

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:18 am

Fukawa nods.

"May it be so." she says.

She looks at the Fox curiously.

"What of yourself, Kitsune-sama? What do you make of the return?" she asks.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 am

"The Fox are elated - many do not know, or have perhaps forgotten - but the Fox are the children of Shinjo-no-kami as well. In this respect, they are very much our cousins in the very sense of the word," he explained.

"My own attendance is meant to signify just how much we value that special relationship. It is our hope that with my marriage to one of the Unicorn, we may begin to grow even closer and strengthen the natural affinity that runs in our lineages with a politcial one."

Kitsune Takeo

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms