D6 EE Aspiring Asako Attention Assuaged (OPEN)

Re: D6 EE Aspiring Asako Attention Assuaged (OPEN)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Quickly, just before they properly turned back their attention to her she offered the Bayushi a bow, "Thank you for any efforts you have made, or will make, in favor of my Clan." It was simple, it was respectful, and it was definitely an area she knew least about.

To Kaizen she nodded before looking to the little Phoenix, "Shinjo Bushi are trained, like all other Unicorn Bushi, with the skill to work closely with their horse companions," she started, clearly repeating this words from someone else perhaps even her Sensei. "We utilize defensive methods to protect ourselves and our charges, those that serve. As it is our Duty as Samurai to provide the protection necessary for them wherever we go. As well as ourselves. With life as hard as it was beyond the boundaries of the Empire the value of a Samurai's life was all the greater to ensure that our Clan remained whole. We may fight with courage knowing that our Duty is Honorable by means of Compassion."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Ichiro spoke for himself as student to this Shinjo, "The Unicorn are like family. I.. I have no brothers or sisters, but you are all to each other?"

"Shinjo-sama says samurai value each other. Compassion is the mark of the Kami Shinjo her virtue. My Father is that way, I would be that way." It was not so much a question. The boy sought what affirmation? Praise? Adoption? He was still very young, he spoke in a way that left no doubt his Father is a scholar.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:38 pm

"Work hard and you may be both a compassionate and strong Samurai little Ichiro," she said, looking to the boy. Only quyickly glancing up to Kaizen to see how she was doing. Children were.. not usually something she was good at dealing with.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:22 pm

Hotaru smiled openly at the offered help. "Oh! Of course, Shiba-sama. Your help would be greatly appreciated, and that of Ichiro-kun too, if he need be. I've spent my early youth at the temple helping the monks too! It's certainly a great learning experience for the young...and they say that it builds character!" She tittered a small laugh on that note.

"The work hasn't begun yet, but you're quite welcome, Shinjo-san!" She smiled brightly at the Unicorn.

She gave a small bow and let them return to their previous conversation. While she was waiting to see some bushi in action, she meandered over to the dojo's shrine and she provided her own offering of prayers.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 am

The Shinjo's words seemed to calm the boys enthusiasm and Ichiro bowed all smiles. Kaizen nodded to the Unicorn's curious glance. Not that he knew anything about children, but a yojimbo was expected to read people and Ichiro didn't hide much if anything.

The Shiba asked, "I noticed your warm up with the naginata, is that a favored weapon Shinjo-san?"
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm

"It is, something I have trained with since I was a young girl. In my youth we were passing through a village where their guardian defended them with a weapon similar to our Naginata. How he fought, it was similar to some of our own techniques and since then I was set on having my Sensei teach me this way. They had happily agreed," she answered.

Keeping his nod as an affirmation of a job well done. Which was, relieving. Though she wasn't sure if that was more because the job was finished or that she did well. Maybe both.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 pm

The boy's excitement was renewed with the brief story.

Kaizen seem enthralled himself, "Must have been very inspirational Shinjo-san. We would be honored to watch your exercises or spar if you prefer?"
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

"For today, you may watch if you would like. I would ask to spar but with only bamboo sticks and with young Ichiro here I would not wish to allow him to be left unattended in a Dojo. Even one that is bare," she said. Amused by their interest and slightly disappointed at the chance to spar with another Samurai with a different technique from her own.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 pm

"I understand we will observe and when you find it convenient I would be happy to spar." He motioned Ichiro to take a seat a suitable distance away. The two sat both wide eyes looking forward to seeing what the Shinjo would do.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Bowing her head as they did she stepped off onto the mat properly once again. Raising the Naginata she prepared herself, took a stance and then worked through a basic kata of her school. One that any Shinjo Bushi would readily recognize. Others would see the movement, how she stayed active on her feet and often changed her position. Keeping her placement something that was hard to guess, hard to strike at. Yet it was incomplete, there were times where she seemed to pause. Knowing she wasn't ready to attempt something yet.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Kaizen noted the hesitation at moments. Still he was not a student of the naginata preferring the katana should reach be needed a yumi or yari. When the Shinjo finished he said, "I am not a student of the Heaven's Wing and my knowledge of the naginata is very basic. Your flowing movements Shinjo-san show a great flexibility of defense without surrendering the means to strike an opponent. Do many Unicorn favor the naginata? Perhaps an exchange of students can be arranged between our Clans?" The Phoenix were flexible and the Shiba did learn many martial styles.

At the mention of students Ichiro became noticeably excited. He was still a little too young, but maybe his enthusiasm could be harnessed and if such arrangements were made he could be among the youngest students?
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:46 am

"Some, primarily we are taught the way of the sword but we are encouraged to choose another path. Mine was the Naginata, as I mentioned prior," she said with a glance to the little boy. Finding his expressive demeanor a little infectious. Almost made her smile.

"I do not think it is impossible Shiba-sama, but of course I am merely a student of my Dojo. I could not speak for what intricacies lay in that whole.." she faltered on finding the words so she could keep on sounding proper, "mess.."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am

Kaizen smirked at the mention of political messes after all he was somewhat the walking approximation of one. As he breathed the Lion and Scorpion would use him against the Crane till the story was no longer amusing to them. Still he said, "I also have no authority, but letters and words of dutiful samurai carry weight. It may not happen tomorrow, but if there is interest in learning and a hope for strong ties it would happen."

Looking at the boy he continued, "Asako Hirase-san is a strong advocate for closer ties and if he writes or speaks endorsing the idea it may lend to such an idea."
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 pm

"Asako Hirase has shared as much with me as well, and I offered to help in anyway I could but as I am sure you must know from being friends with the man how impossible that can sometimes be for people like us," she said, referencing the weapon in her hand.

"If I am given the chance to advocate for it, I intend to," she confirmed. Having no sense of the need for keeping such things away from the other Clans. "Just as I have agreed to spar with you, when the chance permits."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 pm

"Excellent I look forward to the chance to spar with one of your Clan and Family. My sensei says you can learn a lot in sparring and I agree. I saw many styles at the Topaz Championship. That I am given a chance here makes this miai all the better." He smiled thinking how little of an impression he has managed to make.
Shiba Kaizen

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo