Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Miya Mei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Mei looks at Kemuri to answer and then hears Kitakuhime begin to sing.

The shock on the Imperial womans face is clear to all.

She stands there, speachless
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled, "Set? Kind of... not really... partially..."

He smiled, "I doubt I'll be in the upper end of people picking. So I'll probably pick the best option that is left to me. There are a few decent options, I seem to have a personal leaning for three of the Iuchi women here. But they're all desirable matches... so it's highly possible they'll be gone by the time it's my turn."

Samai chuckled. "So all of them Soshi-san? Seems you have a type." She tilted her head, frowning in thought. "The Soshi.. they are a shugenja family, if I recall?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Kitakuhime approaches the audience, and silently pops her own fan open, making sure there are no red cheeks on her face, just stoic, pure honor emanating from her presence.

--
PM if you want to chat.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 pm

He nodded, "As much as a family may be called a 'shugenja family'. Having the gift is rare even in families like mine. My mother and siblings have it, but I like my father have been trained in our magistrate school."

He then chuckled, "But a type? I'm not too sure about that. I'm looking for a partner... someone who'd want to romance the one they're married to rather than try to marry the one they romance... ya know? Saksaha, Yukarin, and Batul all seem level-headed, intelligent and fun to be around. I'm not a stuffy person and I respect intelligence... So those traits are some I personally look for."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"It is what it is," he shrugged as he whispered, "there is a chance we can simply push it as unicorn ignorance, and then while still painful, we can mitigate any damage. You are fine, Li Yue-san."

Yue kept the fan over her lips. "I do not believe she would want to be called ignorant." She shook her head. "I wanted to avoid causing a scene by choosing to not elect a man. It appears I have caused damage instead." She looked to him with weary eyes. "I also did not want to be disingenuous with my song."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

"It is not ideal, no, but we will make it work," he kept speaking in his reassuring voice. "Honesty and sincerity are part of bushido, they keep insisting. You were doing both."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Samai nodded, more out of politeness and respect than actual understanding. Magical inheritance... that was above her paygrade.

"Thank you Soshi-san. You seem to have a good idea of the person you are looking for, and that is always admirable." She glanced to see whether the others are there. "And they have their own strengths too."

She noticed Kitukahime, but didn't want to leave her conversation partner high and dry.
Ide Samai

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Ie. I will not be singing. I would not want to inflict such cruelty on my fellow guests." Mizuki smiles. "Though I noticed your song. You hope to gain the hand of my kinswoman?"

Baatar perked up at Mizuki's comment.

"Yes, I hope so," he agreed. "She's terrific, and has been really nice to me. I think she likes me, too... though it is hard to know whether she really likes me... if you know what I mean." The young Moto looked more than a little nervous at this thought.

"But either way, I wanted her to know how I felt."

"I'm glad." Mizuki takes the Moto off of her list.... for now. She waits to see what Hotaru has to say or sing. "It takes courage to sing without knowing if it will be returned. I wonder if that is part of the point? I hope the best for you, Moto-san."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

He nods politely in return, "They do and I respect them for that. My mother is a capable woman and she made sure I didn't come out here with the wrong things in mind while looking for a spouse."

He sees the princess arrive and chuckles inwardly.

Maybe that's why she ran away from me.... likes the girls...

"So what about this Yasuki has drawn your attention?" He asked warmly.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I'm glad." Mizuki takes the Moto off of her list.... for now. She waits to see what Hotaru has to say or sing. "It takes courage to sing without knowing if it will be returned. I wonder if that is part of the point? I hope the best for you, Moto-san."

"Thanks, that means a lot to me." Baatar smiled warmly at her.

After a moment, he turned to Mizuki again. "Um... if you don't mind my asking... why do you wear such a big mask?" he asked curiously. "All the other Scorpion seem to wear smaller ones, so you can at least see part of their face."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Hideo moved into the crowds, knowing his song wouldn't be the focus. Instead, what the Unicorn had done would be on everyone's mind.

Perhaps that's the real reason the Otaku maidens won't marry out - the relationships they build with each other?

He shakes his head.

I had thought them paragons of honour. I guess it's only Imane that is honourable.

He stood to the side, listening for what else could happen.

(ooc - free for conversation. PM me!)
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He nods politely in return, "They do and I respect them for that. My mother is a capable woman and she made sure I didn't come out here with the wrong things in mind while looking for a spouse."

He sees the princess arrive and chuckles inwardly.

Maybe that's why she ran away from me.... likes the girls...

"So what about this Yasuki has drawn your attention?" He asked warmly.

Samai blushed behind her fan, before answering. "He's... fun, yet respectful. He's patient, and polite, but understands our way of thinking. He's also good looking." She looked the Scorpion in the eye. Yes, I'm shallow.
Ide Samai

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

He smiled handsomely, "Those are all good things."

He chuckled and smiled at her blush, "What is it that an outsider like him or me should know about the 'way of thinking' you're talking about?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:04 pm

"Well, this event is actually a good demonstration. We have spent centuries in exotic lands on dangerous journeys... we l learned to communicate clearly. We like direct speech instead of flowery, of an honest expression of emotions... which is not exactly the current fashion, I gather." She smiled politely.
Ide Samai

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:08 pm

He smiled and nodded, "Quite. I think your cousins may have scared some of the more prudish types into a fit with some of the lyrics."

He chuckled and looked around, "But don't worry, I'm not the type to get hung up on such a simple difference. I've spent a great deal of time with the snake-men in the Shinomen... I've learned that communicating is a difficult thing."

He smiled as his eyes caught the Otaku princess sitting by herself, "Even I've accidentally offended one of your people in the few days I've been here despite having no such intent."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields