[D7, LM, Expecting] Pianoman

[D7, LM, Expecting] Pianoman

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:43 am

Yesterday things went badly for Hiroji. So in typical Crab fashion he went and found a place to drink. The bar was not very crowded this time of day, and Hiroji was enjoying his fourth cup of sake. The alcohol tasting surprisingly bitter in his mouth.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Re: [D7, LM, Expecting] Pianoman

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:55 am

Kogo wanders into the streets, seeking....something after her encounter with Akil. Kami, how is it possible to know the outcome of a thing and still yet be so disappointed? Stupid, Crane loving man. I hope he will enjoy their mincing politics and flirty ways.

She enters the bar, mostly intent on getting out of the streets and finding a dark corner. But then she notices the Hiroji. I had hoped no one would be present. But I should go and say hello if nothing else.

"Ohayo Gozaimasu, Hiroji-sama. I trust you are well today." She looks at the cups of sake on the table. "Or perhaps not?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:00 am

Hiroji nods to the lion. "Morning Kogo-San. I am partaking in the traditional crab mourning ritual. You look like you have something to mourn, or to forget. Join me?" He offers her an empty sake cup, there is a bottle on the table.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:01 am

She wonders if her face has always been this transparent. She sincerely hopes not, but suspects it to be true. "Hiroji-sama, you are obviously a man of discernment in this moment. I would be glad to join you." She sits down and pours herself a glass. "What shall we drink to?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:03 am

He is silent for a moment but then raises a cup. "Love and it's futility."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:09 am

Now that is a toast she could drink to right now. "I can drink to that." She takes her sake down. "This miai is either the best thing I have ever done or the worst. I cannot decide."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 am

Hiroji takes a deep sip from his sake cup before refilling it and speaking. "You speak wisely Kogo-San. There have been many highs and many lows."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 am

She smiles at him. "Yes. It has been like riding the waves. Never knowing if one will be swamped or flying." She refills her cup and sips a bit more. " The worst part is, I knew this was likely. I knew...the possibilities. And I am still...." She can't seem to find the words and sips her sake again.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Hiroji gives a calm smile. "You are in safe company Kogo-san. What ails you? Who broke your heart?" He sips his sake cup.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:08 pm

She shakes her head. "It will become apparent soon enough. I would rather not shame one who is only doing his duty by choosing another. " She takes the next cup of sake down and puts another. "But I fear it will be quite a feat to try to attempt civility towards his future bride. It is....an impossible task." She looks at him. "What of your story Hiroji-sama? I would think the Unicorn would be flocking to a warrior such as yourself. What brought you to the sake house?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Hiroji nods to the lion. "I understand, such is the way of passion. It burns as hotly as Lady Sun herself." He takes another deep sip from his sake cup, and is silent for a moment as he refills it.
He finally answers, as the sake cup almost overflows with the rice wine. Three small words ring out from his mouth, drenched in sadness. "Shinjo Liu Yue."
Another deep sip.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Kogo drinks to his statement on Lady Sun. "You are wise beyond words Hiroji-sama. That is exactly how it feels." When he says the name, Kogo's face hides her shock just barely. "Shinjo Liu Yue.....She was one of those who fought the Orochi as well.." She thinks for a moment. "She told me she was almost devoured...I could see how that sort of resilience would inspire tender feeling in one such as Hiroji-sama." She looks puzzled. "But what is the difficulty? I have heard of no one who has claimed her hand as yet."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Hiroji is silent for a moment, tapping at the table with his finger. "It is not a problem pertaining to a claim on her, although it appears there is one already with the Scorpion doctor of all people!" Hiroji's voice drips with barely contained anger, and he closes his eyes even as his expression remains calm.
He opens his eyes. "...It is not a problem pertaining to a claim... But the problem of love... And the absence of it."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:34 pm

She hears his words and almost says something about the scorpion doctor, having met him but thinks better of it. When she hears his last words, her eyes close and she places a hand on her chest. "That...is a difficult problem Hiroji-sama. But perhaps love could grow after marriage? Many have found it to be true, even with poor starts."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Hiroji looks to the distance. A flash of sorrow plays across his face. "I doubt it Kogo-san. She says she cannot love any man. It is a fool's quest to think I could make her feel otherwise. But I still love her, and maybe if I make her happy... Maybe we may have happiness, if not love." He is silent for a moment, before sipping his sake again. "Still. It is not the only reason for this." He raises his Sake cup. "The battle with the Orochi it... Weighs on me. We lost Chi-Pu. I feel I have failed." His eyes gleam for a moment.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Next

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village