[Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Safe as Houses

Re: [Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Safe as Houses

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 pm

"Just Doji-san and I?" She brought up a point with an edge of scrutiny. "Yogo Mizuki-sama also leads me, too. Not that I'm surprised! Did you know that she's a kuge from Family? There's actually a few kuge around here, I've heard! The fact that they've chosen to send her to the miai must make her a person of note and it wouldn't be right for me to take that attention away from her fully!"

"Moto Butaj..." She murmured in thought, wondering if it was one of those Moto who was arguing history with the Hare. At the moment, she couldn't quite put a face to a name. "I found myself running into Iuchi Dong-Ha a couple of times around the camp. It shouldn't some as a surprise, as we're both people who practice some brand of mysticism, even if entirely different branches of it. I think we're slowly making them a trend, then coincidence. I think that's a good sign, if I were to guess without the oracle."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:38 pm

"Ehh?" Yuki scratched at her head. "I guess I didn't know the lists as well as I thought." She smiled weakly. "She's a kuge too? I had heard there were a few around, a few Unicorn kuge too. I think mostly just the women though. We don't have to worry about becoming wives to a champion at least, neh?" She smiled.

Yuki giggled a bit. "That may just be the case." Then she paused, tilting her head a bit to the side. "Which oracle?"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:23 am

She took an aside for a moment to consider if that was a problem she wanted. It would have been a grand opportunity to move higher in your station and do your traditional duty seamlessly. Of course, that would put a different tone on the women here and she was sure that she wouldn't be the only woman who saw the grand opportunity in that. "No, I guess not!" She tittered on that note. "But I get the feeling that there must be a Unicorn out there who's all talented, gracious and suave...Someone who's in demand, maybe?"

"The divine oracle," she said, as a matter of fact, not indicating the elemental ones but the one from scripture. "Oh! I don't know if I told you, but I'm also a talented diviner! I aid others when it comes to consulting the oracle for their destinies."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am

Yuki shrugged a little and smiled. "I don't know, really. It's still pretty early yet, I guess." Little knowing she was going after what was quickly becoming the prize among the women here.

"Ehh? That must be quite a task to divine the will of the oracle." She smiled. "Have you had any good divinations about this miai yet?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am

"It's quite a task, and a burden too, but one I shoulder proudly. There must be someone who is willing to cast insight on the red strings of fate, potentially steering others on the right path. Even if the fates can't be changed, sometimes it does shine a soothing light on difficulties to come, which is comfort in itself," she said on a dramatic note.

She smiled at Yuki once more. "Well, I've only been lucky enough to read the fates of a few people here. I don't know if I've found someone worthy of an epic romance...but I've provided some wisdom and direction to others."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Yuki nodded at that and smiled. "I hope... I hope Bayushi-sama does not mind if I call on her one of these days, if I feel the need." She blushed a little at who she was thinking of.

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:34 pm

She gave a wave of her hand. "I don't mind at all. In fact, I would say that I'm merely doing my duty as a shrine maiden to offer these services to all who ask for them. It would be a great honour to read your fortune, Asako-san, you've been nothing but gracious and a delight to speak to. Especially, offering your aid at the Shrine, it's the least I can do in return!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Yuki smiled warmly. "Arigato, Bayushi-san. I should be heading off though. It has been weeks since I have been able to go to a proper dojo. Please do keep me informed if anything happens with the shrine. I would like to be of any help that I can." She bowed to the Shrine Maiden.

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 pm

"Of course, Asako-san! Carry the Fortunes, until we meet again," Hotaru returned the bow in kind to the Asako. She seemed content in lingering here a little longer, civilization.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Yuki smiled. "I look forward to seeing you again, Bayushi-san." With that, the Asako headed back towards the yurts.

/exit

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 pm

/scene

Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village