For what it's worth. (Day 6, LE, Expecting)

Re: For what it's worth. (Day 6, LE, Expecting)

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 am

"No."

Of course a river would excite her first. Taira tried to sound enthusiastic. "It's a very large, sometimes tame river, which is home to perhaps the largest vein of inland trade in the empire. Such wealth flows along it that it has been dubbed the river of gold. My current postings have placed me along its shores."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Yue thought on the river, his experience with water, and then let out a sigh. "Gomennasai. I was not thinking. I was simply curious about the gold that you mentioned."

She ran her hand through her hair. "You mentioned forests. There were not many in the Burning Sands. Are there many animals in them?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 pm

"It's no harm done... I know how silly it is for me to... well... be that way."

Cracking his fingers, he added, "The forests are vibrant, and full of animals. The Shinomen also held Naga, a war recently marched through it. After it was finished, it has become quieter, but still a dangerous place to go alone."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:32 pm

"I told you before that I am not a fan of fire." Yue gave him a consolatory smile; she knew that her own discomfort did not compare to his phobia of water.

"I have heard of the Naga. I wonder when I will meet one." She shrugged, somewhat, given her position on the ground. "Are the trees tall, Taira-dono? Do you ever climb them?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:07 pm

"Astonishingly so, and I've never really tried. I'm not fond of great heights... so I never tried to go all the way up. When you surpass the height of ten men, it starts to get... precarious. They must go at least twice that."

He shook his head. "No, I've mostly walked the forest floor when I visited... but I did scale a little way up, it just was difficult, with how widely spread the branches were."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 pm

"I was never a fan of heights either." she admitted. She shrugged and let out a small chuckle. "I suppose I will never have to climb a hill or tree."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 pm

"You'd be surprised... with good gear, it's mostly in the legs."

With a faint sigh, he added, "It's difficult, to know what we'll need to do until we do... I never thought I'd need to ride. Yet here I am."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:17 pm

"Sou desu ka. Perhaps I will climb one day," she said with a small smile.

She listened to him speak of what must be done. "I understand what you mean, Taira-dono." The Shinjo let out a soft sigh and sat up. "I did not think I would have to warn a suitor before. I thought my marriage would be arranged. Even at this miai, I thought I would be chosen at the last moment."

Yue turned to him with a solemn smile. "I speak of more than you, Taira-dono. Today, another man confessed his feelings to me. He fought alongside us too. Kaiu Hiroji."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Taira blinked. It... shouldn't surprise him. He felt a twinge of jealousy, which he quashed. After all... she hadn't said yes...

A slow breath. Then he smiled. "You see, you have many charms you seem intent on refusing..."

Taking a moment to think, he finally said, "What did you tell him?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 am

Yue decided to start off with the harder news first. "I told him that I would not dislike marrying him." She gave an apologetic smile. "However, I told him that I preferred to marry you above all others." Her eyes lowered, her cheeks blushing. "I felt that way before I told you. You know I have wished that since yesterday."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 am

Taira contemplated that in silence.

"I'm glad... you could be happy, if fortunes are not kind."

A slow sigh. "How did he take it?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:14 am

"He said that he would achieve 'victory.' I do not know how he plans on obtaining this." She let out a sigh. "I advise you to be aware of any potential challenges." Yue looked to the moon. "I will continue to do my best in these events. If I am to choose before either of you, I will choose you, Taira-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 am

Taira nodded.

"Hai... though now I wonder who else might snatch you away."

With a melancholy sigh, he cast his gaze back up into the sky, he added, "I will have to redouble my efforts... and I will be careful. If this Kaiu intends violence, I will not be his victim."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 am

"I am wondering the same. I do not know if I have more suitors who have yet to express their interest." She let out a sigh. "My sister does not have this problem. I wonder if it is due to her abrasiveness." She let out a small giggle. "She would not enjoy hearing me say that."

Yue shook her head. "I would hope he does not intend to maim you. If he does, then my prior willingness to marry him will be shattered." She shrugged. "Wrestling may be a way for him to settle the issue. However, you losing would not change the fact that you are my first choice."

She perked her brow. "Would he choose to challenge you to an iaijutsu duel?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:26 am

"It is... not common, but possible. Perhaps he would feel confident, given my own lack of training."

With a faint sigh, he shrugged, gaze still cast upward. "I don't know that it has any bearing in this. In the end, I must do better... or you must continue to excel... and I would that I could do anything to help."

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields