Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Re: Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Yuichi nods after Kemuri's comment. ''Like -I said- before, we can't be certain unless we make further tests. Otaku-sama drank before I thought about the jade test. And for that I apologize...''

'' But regardless, I need to be certain that the waters are not tainted. '' He turns to Kitakuhime '' Are you going to touch the jade or not, Otaku-sama? '' He asked bluntly while still offering her the jade finger. His discoloured eye fixed upon her.

"I heard you ask if this water had 'dangerous spiritual properties,'" Saksaha reminds him. "This question does not seem confusing to me. You said these spirits say no. Otaku-sama says she felt nothing. Now you say you do not know? Which is it? And this orochi comes from the place of trickster-spirits, not the Hell of which your jade would tell." She crosses her arms. "Also, Otaku-sama is an officer of our clan. You are a guest and have been of service, but you should speak to her with more respect."

She peers a little irritably at the gem in his hand. "Can you not just put your stone into the water, anyway? If you truly fear it would corrupt a person so soon that your test will tell on her within seconds, it would have to be strong poison in there."

---
edit: somehow had the wrong post quoted in this, which made the quote-use more confusing instead of clarifying. Fixed!
Last edited by Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:46 am

Yuuru glares over at the Yogo with a look that seems to say...

That's enough crazy for today...
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:56 am

"Everyone needs to calm down" Hideo spoke firmly with Imperial authority "all hands away from weapons. Now."

He walked over to the Yogo and the Otaku.

"Yogo-san, you wait for permission and clarify just what your intention is before to attempt to place items on anyone. The Unicorn are still learning the ways of the Empire also" he held his hand out "pass me the Jade."

He then looked to Kita, bowing.

"Please accept my apologies for what you have experienced today Otaku-sama. The Yogo are very eager in performing their duties, and sometimes will forget Courtesy. Once Yogo-san passes me the Jade, I will hold it out for you. When you touch it with one of the hands that has been in the water, if your hand reacts, then we will know if the water has been touched by the Ninth. It is all to ensure that you are spiritually safe. Is this acceptable to Otaku-sama?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 am

That's why I hate this hypocrites. First they ask your help, then they accuse you of being overreacting...Fucking morons!

'' First I said -It would seem that the waters don't pose any danger to human or wildlife, but without further test I can't be sure-. I never said for certain that the waters were safe. Second the kami don't know human emotions, or have deep understanding of the world as we perceive it. Kami can be tricked. ''

'' But someone went and drank the waters without first consulting or thinking. So I'm the one wrong now?.... And then people wonder how the corruption of the Ninth appears without notice in their lands...'' He walked away from the Otaku.

'' It would seem that I'm no longer needed or wanted around here...Fine.'' Yuichi noticed the Moto agressive posture. '' I gave Shinjo Liu Yue some of my personal jade, for protection, some days ago. If you want to test it, ask her.'' He bows.

'' A shame, I was really interested in your magical methods Iuchi-san. I was hoping to have an interesting discussion about it and our own methods. But perhaps it would be better to meet you another time.''

'' May the kami bless your path, minna-sama'' He genuinely gave them the kami blessings.

And with that he goes away.

/exit unless stopped.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am

Yuuru turned to Saksaha and bowed, "Please let me apologize for my kinsman's behavior... He's an intense young man."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:41 am

Saksaha's eyebrows twitch. "So I see."

She looks to Kitakuhime for her reaction.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 am

He nodded, "The Yogo have a reputation at times for abrasiveness. As odd as it may seem.. he was trying to be helpful."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:48 am

So that happened...

After having been spotlighted and forced to admit he couldn't do much to aid right now, Kaiya had just opted to stand back and watch and listen, feeling more than some small sympathy for the Yogo and his plight, as such things were starting to sound like a repeating issue that was absolutely going to need to be addressed in the coming years.

It was likely a task larger than any of them here.
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru turned to Saksaha and bowed, "Please let me apologize for my kinsman's behavior... He's an intense young man."

Kitakuhime's eye did no leave the Yogo. Her hand does gently indicates calm and patience to others, as it returns to fold in front of her while the Yuichi and the others explain themselves. Without showing anything more than preparedness and courtesy, the Otaku is surprised with how quick to cower and depart the Scorpion was. I wasn't the first time the same Yogo treated her with such indifference.

Kitakuhime looks to the apologetic Soshi, shaking her head negatively, "Trying is not good enough, Soshi-san. I cannot accept -your- apology, since Yogo-san was the one to offend me. First, with lack of etiquette, then with profane accusations about my purity. Now, by lacking with the courtesy and courage to sincerely ask forgiveness."

There's a nod to the Seppun. "If Seppun-san thinks touching jade is necessary, I feel obliged. Although I suggest to do it somewhere else."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 pm

As the conversations continued, Kemuri secured the rope with a grappling hook and began descending into the water with the other end..
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 pm

"Of course Otaku-sama" Hideo nodded "it would perhaps be a good idea to at least test yourself. I am certain that Otaku-sama will be entirely safe, but precautions are best to take. It seems one of your kin will have some Jade, if Yogo-san is to be believed, so perhaps seek Shinjo-san?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

She nods to the Seppun and looks to Kemuri going down into the water, not really understanding why he roped himself.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Hideo followed where Kitakuhime was looking, and frowned. "Ah...what is he doing?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Once in the water, he began to search it, to ensure there were no hidden physical dangers or strange undercurrents. A few feet out, he could not touch bottom and began to swim. At the center of the pool, he dove remaining underwater for several seconds. After he finally surfaced, he dove a few more times and swam the width of the crater before coming back.

"Nothing unusual." he reported as he climbed out. "Nothing dangerous."

(edited for details)
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Previous

Return to Orochi's Fall