Waiting for Godot (D4, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Waiting for Godot (D4, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:22 pm

"Really?" Baatar said, nonplussed. "They think money makes you dishonorable? That doesn't make sense. Bandits steal because they don't have money, not the other way around."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Fukawa looked a little bit surprised at the Moto.

"....I do enjoy talking to you Moto-san. Your insights can be quite surprising at times. I had not considered the question of bandits' honor." she admits. "In the Sparrow's way of thinking, Honor is a very narrow road, anything that could cause you to leave the road, money being the obvious culprit, should be avoided."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:43 pm

"Hmm, okay," Baatar said, digesting this. "But they're wrong, though, aren't they? Since no one else has a problem with money." He gestured with one hand at the Crane's extensive furnishings.
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Fukawa waved her hand to say, Kind of.

"Money and samurai have a weird relationship, Moto-san. Samurai are not supposed to be interested in money, focusing on higher ideals like honor. However, even the most unimportant samurai needs to present themselves in a manner appropriate to a samurai, which requires money. If you lead troops into the field, you certainly need supplies for the troops. If you govern an area, you are responsible for the prosperity of that area, which certainly involves money. We are meant to take notice of the effects of money, but ignore the actual money. she offers, putting into the best words she could.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:55 pm

"Well, sounds like these Sparrows won't be afford to pay any troops," Baatar replied. "Seems like that would get them in trouble, sooner or later."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Fukawa shakes her head.

"They are a minor clan. It is forbidden by Imperial decree for any Great clan to make war upon them. They have nothing of their own to take and the land that they guard is sacrosanct, no one would dare take it from them." she explains.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:04 pm

"Oh, I didn't know that," Baatar admitted. "I guess they are lucky to have Imperial protection, then. Still, it seems better to be rich, than to be poor; and better to be Great Clan, to be Minor."

"Not that I'll have too much choice in the matter," he said matter-of-factly. "I think more Unicorn will marry out to other clans at this thing, than the other way around."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Fukawa nods.

"That seems fitting in a way. Sending your people out to every corner of the Empire to see what is going on, rather than adding the Empire to your own group. Your clan should learn a great deal from this." she offers.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:21 pm

"I've learned a lot from this already," Baatar confessed. "Thanks for putting up with all these questions. I hope I'm not pestering you too much, but it's helping me a lot."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Fukawa shakes her head.

"Not at all, Moto-san. I actually like your questions. Not only does it show you are serious about learning how to fit in to the Empire, they sometimes cause me to look at things in a new light, as you have a viewpoint I've not heard expressed." she offers honestly.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 pm

"It's a lot to take in, but we're meant to stay in Rokugan now, so I figure I better get used to it," Baatar replied. "Especially if I end up in another clan at the end of the miai. I don't want to end up a fish in the desert."
Moto Baatar

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Very sensible, Moto-san." she says. "After the miai, if you wish to continue corresponding with me, I would be honored to exchange letters with you."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts