Game Theory [D6 EE]

Re: Game Theory [D6 EE]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 am

"Oh." Tomonaga said. His expression went through a number of minute changes, until finally his eyes widen for a moment. He smiled. "I see. Well, that's very good of you, Yukarin-san." He gave her a tiny nod, apparently satisfied with his conclusion, whatever it was. "They won't need it tomorrow, though? If you wanted to talk about it sometime...?" He spread one hand invitingly.

"But, in the meantime, you did just teach me this game." He gave her another smile. "Maybe see if your luck holds without your necklace, eh?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:37 am

"Hai, that sounds like a plan," she says, smiling again, "After all, it's not like I could be THAT bad at it since I have played a good bit in the past. So I suppose I'll roll."

Picking up the dice and cup she gave them a roll; She actually was a bit distracted so she made some bad choices, ending up with a worse combo than she'd started with.

--------

ooc fluff: 17
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 am

Tomonaga pursed his lips thoughtfully, watching as Yukarin rolled and made her selections.

"Okay, my turn, huh?" He gave the dice a good shake and rolled them, following the same procedures as Yukarin had. In the end, he managed to squeak out a higher score than she did.

"Well. Well well well." He said. His gaze went from the dice to Yukarin. "So, what do I win?" He said, a slightly cheeky grin on his face.

--------
Roll = 24, ohohohohoho!
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 am

Yukarin blinked at the dice, "You... managed a fortunes and winds combo on your first try. I can't say I've ever seen that happen for anyone before."

She gave a giggle, "Fortunes must be watching! That said... I have no idea. We never decided. What did you WANT to win?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:10 am

"Oh, we hadn't decided on betting? I hadn't noticed." Tomonaga said, his tone exaggeratedly innocent.

"What did I want to win..." Tomonaga smiled. "That's... an interesting question, Yukarin-san." Things certainly came to mind... Tomonaga firmly pressed his lips shut.

Finally, he gave her a smile. "If I said what I want... it would be to spend a fun evening in the company of a lovely young woman. So." He gathered up the dice. "Why don't we consider this one already taken care of? We better figure something out for next time, though. I'm still feeling lucky." His eyes glinted at her in the slowly dimming light.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 am

Yukarin laughed, "How very political of you, Tomonaga-sama; You have my compliments on the move. As far as future rolls though... well, there is always drinks of course. But I suppose this is neither the time nor place for drinking games. Probably. And coin would be crass..."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 am

Tomonaga laughed as well, but his expression became more serious as he finshed. "Thank you, Yukarin-san. But even if it was political, I meant it. I've always preferred to be honest in my dealings."

He shrugged. "So, what do I want? I'd play for some words from you to me, or for the touch of your hand on mine, or a bit more time spent in your company, whatever you like. Although I guess just playing will get me that last one, so there's that." He grinned. "I'd also give a lot to know what it is that you want. To win, I mean."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:45 am

"So would I."

Yukarin said softly, sitting back a little. The sun broke out from some clouds and she put her hand over her eyes since she'd been facing west.

"I have gotten... advice, from my cousins in the Unicorn. But I am not sure that makes it any easier."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:50 am

"You're not sure what you want?" Tomonaga said, frowning gently. "I... can understand that, I guess." His lips twisted. "Quite a bit, in fact."

As she spoke further, Tomonaga sat up, his expression politely interested. "Advice, you say? What sort of advice?" He asked, nodding softly to her.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:54 am

"The primary thing seemed to be the advice to get any 'dirty laundry' out of the way now; Admit my faults honestly, find out his, and bare all of myself so that one goes into the deal with no secrets."

Yukarin blushed, "But it seems perhaps not the best advice seeing where such behaviour has gotten my cousins..."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 am

Tomonaga found himself smiling, as a lot of this sounded good for him. But on the other hand...

"Ah... Yukarin-san..." He said a little awkwardly, rubbing his head with one hand. "I don't think it was because your cousins were overly honest that got them in trouble." He frowned. "Or, maybe it was, in a way. Ummm, nevermind. Still, please." He opened one hand towards her, palm up, inviting her to continue. "Maybe you'll feel better saying it out loud? Whatever it is?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:09 am

That got him a somewhat incredulous look, "Did you miss the news then this morning? The Imperials running the miai docked points from all the Unicorn because 'we cannot keep our hands to ourselves or our emotions in check'. The advice in question was to make sure of sexual comparability, you understand. Which... I mean... I can see where they were coming from..."

She can't say anymore at this point, clamming up with a very strong blush.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:27 am

Light dawned in Tomonaga's brown eyes. "Ohhhhh..." He said. "So that's what the advice was. I see. Ummm." He considered for a little while.

Finally he took a deep breath, leaning forward, his eyes seeking hers. "Yukarin-san... under other circumstances, I'd say that's a good idea. A really good idea, in fact." He took another deep breath. "But right now, we do have to be really careful with that sort of thing. But that doesn't mean that we can't spend time together, grow a little closer." He hesitated a moment. "And, just maybe, we can steal little bits together that wouldn't cause a problem. If you would like that." Gently, as he had at their previous meeting, he offered her his hand. Low to the ground, someone from a distance would likely not see.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 am

THAT certainly didn't get the blush to leave. Nor did the thoughts it brought up in her head. And she could swear her nose was going to start bleeding again...

Yukarin looked down at the hand, hesitating a moment before snatching it up in hers with a quick gentle motion, "I suppose you are right; After all, it is not about what one expresses or what one does as how public one is with such things. With even the most extreme examples. Perhaps this concept of living in two worlds of public and private is simply something my Clan needs more time to absorb... myself included."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:42 am

A little thrill went through Tomonaga as she grabbed his hand. He squeezed hers back gently. "Yeah, that's exactly it." He winced. "I'm afraid, talking to a Crab about this sort of thing might not be ideal. We're not the best at this sort of thing, either. But at least I've had training in what is proper..."

He shook his head. "But yeah, anything that draws attention to feelings, or to desire, can cause embarrassment for all parties involved. If two samurai want to, err, test compatibility to that level, the privacy of a yurt just isn't enough. People hear, people talk." He shrugged. "I don't really understand it, but that's how it is."

He inched closer, smiling gently, squeezing her hand again. "But two samurai can often find a little bit of privacy. Enough to share private thoughts. Perhaps... hold each others' hands. Maybe even kiss, if they don't linger on it."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields