Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Re: Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Saksaha listens raptly to this explanation. "Then it seems there was bad luck here for this orochi-spirit, and not just for Otaku Chi-Pu-sama," she says, making a reverent warding gesture after speaking the dead woman's name. "But it is good to know there is no curse on the water. Ide Dabo-sama will be told about this. And also about your good help," she adds, nodding to Yuichi and the other shugenja. "Whether the water has any ordinary poison in it, I think will be easier to discover."

To Kemuri, she says, "Can we not find some small animal and make it drink? "

((Witch-lady isn't that soft-hearted. :P Also she could Jurojin's Balm the test subject. But I'm not sure how much further investigation we can do in a past-day thread?))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Kitakuhime was already nearby the lake. She cups her hands, sipping them into the lake, and then slurps some water, wincing a bit from the muddy taste.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 pm

"Around here? I doubt it." he shook his head. "But, a scout's duty is to brave the unknown for the clan, for the Empire."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Watching the Otaku tasting the water gave Yuichi an idea. '' Well, what Otaku-sama is doing is one way. '' He says and shrugs. The Yogo then approached the Otaku heiress.

'' With your permission... '' Yuichi grabs his jade finger and -tries- to touch the Otaku princess with it. '' If there's a reaction then the water clearly is not safe for consumption...'' Yuichi waits to see if something happens.
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Kemuri, who had been waiting beside the water the entire time, just watched.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Her eye glint at the display of the jade trinket. But as soon as Yiuchi -tries- to touch the Shiotome, she simply dodges away, lifting herself up with a serious glare. Hands nearby her blade.

"I have not permitted you to touch me."

---
The day has already passed, so I wouldn't encourage rolling dices here.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Yuichi is not surprised by the Otaku's reaction. '' You know... your reaction is suspicious. '' He smirks.

'' Alright. If you please?...'' He offers the jade finger to the Otaku. '' I'm only trying to see if the waters are safe. You tasted them, Otaku-sama. We must be certain that they don't have any type of spiritual contamination. If they are safe for consumption then you don't have to worry, right?''
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Saksaha gives Yuichi a somewhat quelling raised-eyebrow look. "I thought you have already asked the spirits if there is spiritual danger in this water? Surely if this corruption were here, you would not have missed it in their telling?"

If there's taint here, he should already know about it. And if he knew about it, he should have said something. She frowns.

"What you did not ask is, is there some poison or disease to fear? Otaku-sama, does the water taste clean? Do you feel well?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:14 pm

"I feel fine besides the bad taste," The Otaku heiress squints her eyes at the Scorpion while replying to Saksaha, "Suspicious of what, exactly, Yogo-san?"

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 pm

*Sighs*

She tasted the damned waters before I tried the jade test! He thought

'' I did ask about poison or corruption...but we can't be certain that the kami understood my question. They did not show me anything. That could mean, there's no corruption or they did not understood what I was asking. Also, this is the quickest way to see if the waters pose a threat.''

'' I don't think that they are tainted. But I can't be sure unless I prove it. The only way to prove it is to use jade or if a Kuni witchhunter came here and use their methods . Since I'm not a Kuni witchhunter, I cannot prove that the waters are not tainted except with Jade...'' He explained to Saksaha and hopefully Kitakuhime also understood his reasons to do this.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:44 pm

"There's still the potential danger of the lake itself." Kemuri began removing his clothing. "If trickster spirits were involved, it's possible there's something more here."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Yuichi nods after Kemuri's comment. ''Like -I said- before, we can't be certain unless we make further tests. Otaku-sama drank before I thought about the jade test. And for that I apologize...''

'' But regardless, I need to be certain that the waters are not tainted. '' He turns to Kitakuhime '' Are you going to touch the jade or not, Otaku-sama? '' He asked bluntly while still offering her the jade finger. His discoloured eye fixed upon her.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Kemuri prepared a rope, while he waited.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Kaizen stayed a few steps from the Iuchi priestess. He was unsure if the Yogi had some odd motive. The realm of mischief was not Jigoku. It was not his place to speak, but he did stay close wondering what he would do of steel were drawn or prayers invoked.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Moto al-Kalb on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 am

At the Yogo's attempt to touch, and voiced suspicion of, the Otaku the Moto's giant fists tighten on his axe. He does not yet attempt to relieve the offending head, since the insult had not been directed at him, but he was ready for the moment if any of his kin requested it.

I wonder what Scorpion taste like.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Hellhound • War Dog Overseer • Massive • Savage

Carries: Furs and leathers, daisho, coin purse
Where appropriate: Heavy Armor, ono, no-dachi, two war dog pups

Description
Moto al-Kalb

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall