Game Theory [D6 EE]

Re: Game Theory [D6 EE]

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 am

Yukarin sipped the sake appreciatively before lowering the cup, the liquid washing the mineraly taste out of her mouth, "Well... I'm afraid I don't have much personally, but I did bring my dice at least. And paper and ink. We could play Fortunes & Winds of course... or write poems, since apparently I can do that. We could even make up some game where we write down numbers on the paper to represent samurai, and use those those numbers with the dice to act out a thrilling story with those characters."

She paused a moment, "...though that sounds like a very silly idea."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:20 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Good evening Asakiko-san!" Monkhbaatar replied, waving to her. "How are you doing today?"

"Good evening Shinjo sama." She gave the man a bow. "I am good." She chuckled. "I guess this lesson should have come sooner so I could participate in today's event. I hope you did well Shino sama."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:53 am

"I did okay. I didn't put in a large effort, but at this point I'm mostly relaxing and enjoying the miai."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:50 am

"I see... I didn't do this event even if ridding withnyounthe other day was quite excilarating i doubt I could carry such big spears. I am not that strong." She admitted.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:04 am

"Well we still have Moto and Iuchi events in the coming days."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:08 am

Iuchi Yukarin wrote:Yukarin sipped the sake appreciatively before lowering the cup, the liquid washing the mineraly taste out of her mouth, "Well... I'm afraid I don't have much personally, but I did bring my dice at least. And paper and ink. We could play Fortunes & Winds of course... or write poems, since apparently I can do that. We could even make up some game where we write down numbers on the paper to represent samurai, and use those those numbers with the dice to act out a thrilling story with those characters."

She paused a moment, "...though that sounds like a very silly idea."

"It does." Tomonaga said, raising his eyebrows, amused. "Interesting, but silly." Was that a thing? Who did that?

"Hmmm..." He said. "I might like to see what poem you could come up with, but I'm no good at that. Although last time, someone took the subject I had planned on using..." He shrugged. "On the other hand, would you believe that I don't really know how to play Fortunes and Winds? You could show me."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:11 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Well we still have Moto and Iuchi events in the coming days."

"I have felt that I have little talent for these events to be honest with you. Do not take me wrong, I am enjoying myself very much." She nodded. "I am meeting very interesting people and having fun giving people their fotunes."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:30 pm

"Let's have a bit of fun with some horseback riding then. You're doing so much to help others with your readings, let's give you an opportunity to have fun doing something where all you have to do is hold on." He reaches out a hand to help her up to join him.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:03 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:"Hmmm..." He said. "I might like to see what poem you could come up with, but I'm no good at that. Although last time, someone took the subject I had planned on using..." He shrugged. "On the other hand, would you believe that I don't really know how to play Fortunes and Winds? You could show me."

"I most certainly can! Though you are right; I would have guessed you would have known how to play, just as a guess though."

She picks up her bag and pulls out a leather dice cup that rattles softly, "Have you at least seem others play?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 am

"Yes." Tomonaga said, sighing. "Unfortunately. My older brothers and sisters played a lot, and I watched them, sometimes. Eventually, they let me play. But I noticed pretty quickly that they kept changing the rules on me. Once I figured that out, they were less keen on me joining them."

He gave her a rueful smile. "So, maybe just give me a quick once-over of the real rules. And then I'd like to give it a try."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 am

Nodding, Yukarin dumped the dice onto the rock;
The symbols were self explanatory enough, but she did have to make sure he knew all the dice combinations.

"So that's it; You roll the dice, then you can keep some and reroll others to try for different sets. The right way to play just depends on the person; Some people play it safe and try for easy combos and hope their opponent over extends, while other tend to try for big combos and write off the times it doesn't work."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 am

Tomonaga leaned forward, studying the dice with interest. It seemed that he was a good study, and had a good memory as well. Most of the work was confirming which combinations his siblings had made up on the spur of the moment.

"Okay, great!" He said rubbing his hands together. "I'm feeling lucky... although I suddenly remember that I'm speaking to someone who says her luck is always good." He grinned at her. "Well, at least your game isn't gonna hit me in the nose if I do it wrong."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:02 am

"Not always... just usually. And I don't have my lucky necklace with me anyways."

Indeed, her pearl and jade necklace was not on her.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 am

Tomonaga frowned. How had he not noticed? Well, there'd been a lot going on. And her eyes were her best feature, anyway.

"Yeah, I guess you don't. Maybe that means I have a chance after all." His expression is more concerned than amused, though. "Decided not to bring it tonight?" He asked. He thought she brought it everywhere.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:12 am

"Errr... well..."

She hadn't actually thought about explaining it. And lying didn't seem proper.

"I had someone ask to borrow it actually; Someone I trusted enough and for an important enough reason that I decided to acquiesce. I should have it back my tomorrow."

Yukarin frowned as she said all this.
Iuchi Yukarin

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields