I Want to Know (Day 4 Late Evenng)

Re: I Want to Know (Day 4 Late Evenng)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm

"Or he finds me, maybe more likely. As these rankings go." Saksaha smiles back. "But thank you also, Ichiro-san."

She sighs a little. "Do you think this rain will slow if we wait longer, or must we get so wet again?" she asks, slightly plaintively. "Would the Ide make a great scandal if we sleep here instead?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:45 pm

He sighed at the mention of standings. "Well I'd hope anyone that chooses you does so after coming to know you. You are much to good a person to be picked on a whim."

"I can't say for certain on either count. Though I believe the likelihood of someone spreading stories is higher then this rain letting up anytime soon"
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 am

"Then we are in a pass too steep to go on and too narrow to turn the wagons, as the elders say," she says with a wry smile. "In such straits many a caravan has been lost."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 am

"So it seems." Pausing a moment he looked around the room. perhaps to see if there was anything else that might help make a decision. "I think I might risk the rain myself."

"We don't have many options to use to stay warm here, and well sleeping in damp clothes is pretty uncomfortable."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:23 am

"Yes," Saksaha agrees, reluctantly. "Sleeping in wet furs in lambing season killed my grandfather, when I was little. He was over seventy, though," she reflects, suddenly seeing this childhood cautionary tale in a new light.

"Anyway, It is not just the rain," she laments, "it is the mud. I hate walking in mud. And cleaning it from my boots."

Accustomed from childhood to riding everywhere as the Unicorn are, maybe it's no wonder she's never built up a tolerance. Though the scout-trained Daisuke might not find that reason particularly sympathetic...

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:55 am

He nodded in understanding at her story. "I heard similar tales when I was young, how it's best to work slow and steady in the snow, that sweating could be the death of you."

At her mention of the mud be couldn't help but break out in a light chuckle. "I'm sorry." He offered after a few moments. "I didn't mean to laugh... But you've never had to walk through a marsh have you?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am

"No." She frowns, looking almost confused. "Why would I want to do that?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:11 am

"No one really does." He admitted. "But it's something you learn to do as a scout, move around in swamps and marshes, and if you step in the wrong place..." He shakes his head.

"I've been hip deep in mud Iuchi-san, if you can imagine that. My fellows had to pull me out, and well my sandals.." He chuckled. "They were lost forever."

"I suppose what I'm trying to say is, after that mud just didn't bother me much anymore, and I guess I find a bit of humor when I hear it bothers someone." He dipped his head. "So once again my apologies Iuchi-san."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm

"Ugh." Saksaha wrinkles her nose at the whole idea. "But you do not have to apologize. Only, I hope at least you learned something of use from this experience. I would not like to think of going through that for nothing."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:16 pm

"Mostly? To watch where I step."

"Also that a little mud won't hurt, though it can certainly uncomfortable. Especially the cleaning after."

"I imagine those boots of yours are particularly difficult to clean though."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:00 am

"It will be annoying." Which is really more a general complaint than a confirmation or denial of his guess about the actual difficulty level of the task. It appears that the exotic magicks of the Unicorn don't include a handy spell for shoe-cleaning, anyway.

"I suppose that is not a bad lesson, though."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 am

"Now that I cna understand." He said with a chuckle, leaning back a bit to look up at the ceiling. "There is one other lesson I learned as a scout walking around in the mud.

His gaze traveled back down until he was finally once again looking at Saksaha. "Feet are much easier to clean then Sandals."

"You could always run through the rain with your boots off."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 am

"Hmm." She wiggles her toes under the edge of her robes, lips quirking. "Maybe this is good wisdom. Good Badger wisdom."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 am

"Good Badger wisdom." He chuckled lightly. "I think that might be the first time I've heard those three words all in a row,"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 pm

"Well, may you hear them many more times," she laughs. "Unless I step on a broken potsherd as I run. Then I may change my opinion. But this camp is a new one, and the ground is mostly clean, so I think your reputation will be safe."

Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo