[D6 LE] Of Buttons and Bunnies

Re: [D6 LE] Of Buttons and Bunnies

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:47 pm

"Oh.. I play a flute. Not very well, and I don't have it with me." he explained hastily. "Something to kill time on a horse. Poppy... can take me where I need to go without much help..and my father thought that learning flute would help me with my dexterity." Dong-Ha extended his right arm, wiggling his fingers to prove the point, though with him being tipsy the gesture was probably lost on Tomoe. "It's a way to kill time."

"How about Tomoe-san?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 pm

"I play the shamisen... or rather, I try," she chuckled. "A popular instrument after all. I have it with me, but I'm not very good. I suppose I'm not much of a fighter, even if I've been working on that lately, but maybe I can scare away any potential enemies with the horrible sounds from my instrument?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 pm

"Shamisen, the instrument of Kakita-dono himself." Dong-Ha nodded approvingly. "Not many of us pick it up, as it's not the best for the road." Hearing her berate herself he frowned. "Hush now, I don't think you can be that terrible." he reached gingerly to pat her knee. The touch, brief as it was, lingered only briefest of moments. "So what else do you do, when you are nto studying, wandering in the woods or playing shamisen?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Perhaps it was the conversation or the intoxication of shochu, but his touch didn't send her into a full on blush this time. It was hard to tell though, as she had a more permanent color in her cheeks from the drink.

"Well, Matsu Nintoku-sama has been teaching me unarmed combat... and I have a very good hand for calligraphy, so I like to write things on my own sometimes too. I've so far been writing down my experiences here and all I've learned about the Unicorn, which I hope can help others come to understand your clan more."

"And... what about Dong-san? What other things do you do, besides playing the flute and composing poetry?"
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 am

He laughed softly as she mentioned poetry. "Uh... I read a fair bit. Work with my amulets and practice carving. I look after Poppy... and ride around. You never know what's behind the next hill." Dong-Ha explained, sure he came off as a rather dull person. "I sometimes go wrestling with the bushi, so that I have some idea how to defend myself. Never been that good with my sword." he admitted, finally draining his cup empty. "Uhh... what else. Oh, well... I used to go see my mother's patients when I was studying under her."

"So what have you learned about us, then?" Dong-Ha asked with a curious smirk.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:56 am

"Wrestling? That seems to be a popular past-time in this place," she chuckled. "We should go a round in the dojo someday then."

As he asked her about her notes, she put her hand to her chin as she tried to recall it all. Shochu was making her head a little fuzzy-wuzzy. "Well... Shinjo's Law, and the story about her children that you told me... uhm... Shinjo's promise to always return, Kemuri-san told me about that one. The traditions of the Marta in keeping the histories and records of the Unicorn... and some of the phrases from foreign languages that I've heard people say. And what I've learned about your journey back home."

"It's not really terribly impressive at this point. Mostly me taking notes to remember, so I can compile it properly later."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 am

"We should? Uh... we should." Dong-Ha nodded after a brief moment of hesitation. "Maybe tomorrow, after the trials?" he suggested, figuring that they sparring before the even might be a bad idea. Last thing either of them needed was an injury and while he was going to do his utmost not to hurt Tomoe , sometimes accidents did happen.

"I am impressed by your curiosity towards my kin. You do honor to your sensei." He complimented the small Hare. "Though I guess there is little else to do here for someone used to finer places." The Crane he had met earlier had explained the concept of winter courts to him.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:55 am

"Sounds like a plan," she nodded. Not that she was that good at jiujutsu yet, but she needed more practice, and why not do it with someone nice like Dong-Ha?

"Ah... thank you... but I'm not doing it because I don't have anything else to do, or because I'm used to 'finer places'. I do it because I have a genuine interest in learning more. I mean, even if I don't marry into the Unicorn, I would want to understand the background my husband comes from. And I want my clan at least to understand the Unicorn too, since you are almost neighbours to the Hare... only separated by the mountains."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 am

"Agreed then." he nodded briefly. While definitely tipsy, Dong-Ha was now more collected and rewarded Tomoe with a faint smile. "I hope you'll be gentle on me..." the traditional words felt bit awkward though, as Dong-Ha could not really see someone with her frame tossing him around. Then again, he had been wrong before.

"Well, then your curiosity does honor to your sensei. My apologies Tomoe-san." he bowed ever so gently, but ended swaying a bit further than he had intended due to the alcohol in his blood. "Oops.." the young Unicorn muttered, flustered. "I think that whoever marries you... will be a lucky man." Perhaps they could even meet again, even if they didn't marry. She seemed to know so much and that was something he could respect. "How are the Hare faring with their neighbors? You made Lion... sound rather highhanded."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:07 am

Seeing him sway made her giggle a little. Seems the alcohol had different effects on them - as it just made her more bubbly and giggly. "I'll be gentle..." she grinned playfully.

"Oh, it's nothing to apologize for," Tomoe assured him, giving him a pat on the shoulder. "But thank you..."

"Humm... the Lion? Well, we do get along fine with them so far. One of our warriors married a Matsu lady of high station a few years ago, so they are respectful of us and for the deeds of our founder. Then there's the Scorpion, whom we share the most border with, and they're also good friends of our clan. And with the Lion and the Scorpion being rather strong allies these days too, I suppose it works out well for us to be on their good side."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 am

"I'll try to be as well." Dong-Ha nodded, though there was a strange gleam in his eyes as he regarded Tomoe. "I'm looking forward to it." He felt a bit shamed about the ulterior motives that kept popping up in his mind. With the dojo being public place, at least Tomoe shouldn't be too playful.

As she reached to pat him, Dong-Ha moves his hand over his shoulder, letting his fingers brush softly over hers. "You are so kind." his barely suppressed grin was heartwarming and sweet.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 am

His touch, like before, did make her cheeks redder. "So are you," she sweetly in return.

I'll have to work even harder if I want to have a chance at this... she thought, remembering the rules for the miai.

"... Uhm... as much as I might want you to stay," she nibbled on her lower lip for a second, "I think this shochu has gone to my head more than I thought it would. And... I don't want to cause any trouble for you..."

She was the one with the scandalous rumor about her, after all. Not Dong-Ha.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 am

Clueless as Dong-Ha tended to be, he sometimes could read the intention even the words were not said out loud. "Ah... of course." There was a slight tone of disappointment in the young man's tone as he nodded. "It's fine, rest and sober up. We'll see tomorrow." He didn't seem to be too bothered by the fact that she was in effect dismissing him. He too had been drunk the night before, and while he had the remedy for such things, Tomoe was not similarly blessed.

"Before I go... close your eyes please?" Dong-Ha asked, his voice trembling ever so slightly.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 am

"I look forward to tomorrow," she said sincerely and smiled to the nice Unicorn.

As he asked her to close his eyes, the Hare seemed a little puzzled. "Uhm... hai?" Still sitting close to him, Tomoe did as he asked and closed her eyes.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

Dong-ha leaned closer to the Hare, pecking a soft kiss on her cheek before pulling back. "Good night.. Tomoe-san." he whispered, figuring she'd open her eyes. "Sleep well." With that he gingerly stood up and turned to leave.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts