[D5 EM] Dawn of the Dead

Re: [D5 EM] Dawn of the Dead

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:59 am

"I see. We can also try an experiment with more than one element how they feel a about their brethren being use in such ways..." She gave some thought.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:09 am

"Possibly, though for us... the air is our weakest element. Only few of us can command air with any degree of power. Insubstantial as it is, it seems that the words of power, the very meishodo itself has hard time grasping it."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 am

"If I understood Isawa sama correctly air should be quite difficult to tame as the kami of air like to be free. They are quite the tricksters." She knows how tricky air can be.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:31 am

"Uh... but the meishodo does not require kami, so it could be that the kami do not sense the magic at all. All the more reason to employ the more grounded element of fire... and perhaps, earth." Dong-Ha had very little idea on how the kami behaved.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:38 am

The Moshi pursed her lips as in deep thought wondering how this magic meishodo works. "I will have to see how this is done because I am quite intrigued on if you imbue this item with the kami or is something else. As the elemental spirits on far away lands might not know they are elemental spirits..." She gave a chuckle at that thought "That is preposterous... The elemental spirit not knowingntheynare spirits of the elements."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:48 am

"As far as we know, the charms made outside Rokugan work just as well." he explained, poking one of his charms that tangled from his belt. "The tradition has that since there were no spirits Iuchi could talk to... where we went, he went to the City off Sorcerers to learn their magics. And that... is what became meishodo, the magic of names of creation."

"So, as far as we know, the native spirits are.. simply bypassed in the process. The words uttered at the moment of creation have the power to make things be... regardless of what the spirits have to say about that."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:06 pm

"will you show me this when we meet again. How you make them? I don't want to impose or anything like that... nor teach me the technique... I am just curious about this word of creation... like the ratings naming things?"

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:24 pm

"Uh.. maybe not the next time as there is the experiment... and it takes almost an hour to make one. Lots of small, precioon work. I am not sure that it'd be that interesting to watch me hunched over with my tool in my other hand and my stone in the other." Dong-Ha replied apologetically. "It would be impossible for you to copy it, either way. No offense meant, but it takes year to learn how to carve the right words in right place. A smallest mistake... and the charm is nothing more than a pretty stone."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:40 pm

"I understand. It would be quite difficult for you to master the ways of the kami." She nodded. "As for watching you work, I sit watching coins and pondering about lines and dots..." Asakiko chuckled.

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:"Uh. Well, my duty here is to find someone to marry. So not so strange as you might expect."

Udo was not in a great mood this morning, but he was finding Hotaru was putting him somewhat off-balance, which might be a good thing.

"Are you also here for the miai, I assume? I believe I saw your name on the lists."

"No, I suppose not!" She concurred with a small chuckle, finding it a little silly that she questioned him, to begin with. "My apologies on that." I kind of thought you might have wandered in, or something...

"Hai! Even a serving miko and a shugenja must get married eventually. I hadn't expected to a part of a strong Scorpion showing, but I mostly found the opportunity to spend time with others instead. It's nice to feel that you've hardly left the Scorpion lands but I am here to meet others, potentially my future husband."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"I understand. It would be quite difficult for you to master the ways of the kami." She nodded. "As for watching you work, I sit watching coins and pondering about lines and dots..." Asakiko chuckled.

"Some of my kind claim they can hear the whispers of the kami, or that they have been ever since we came to the Empire... as for me, no such thing. No voices, no sounds." he sounded a little bit disappointed by this. "There isn't much to see there..." Dong-ha picked up a charm and showed it to her. The amber amulet was perhaps as long a man's thumb, though somewhat wider. Small characters carved on the surface covered much of the charm. "I mean, if you don't know what to look for... this is about as fancy as they get."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 pm

"Well set whispers can be channeled but become a full fledged priest will have to come with long hours of training. I have been studying the way of the kami singe I was 5. I am no expert yet." She looked at the trinket and she smiled. "It is quite beautiful Iuchi sama."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:41 pm

"And that's all it is, a pretty trinket. Unless you know the words and the syntax. Nothing but a fancy bauble, devoid of all power. Until the words are spoke, that is. The charm is the means... the words, words are the way." He returned the charm to his belt. "Several years to learn the runes, few more how to pronounce them. I have been working on these since I was seven."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"No, I suppose not!" She concurred with a small chuckle, finding it a little silly that she questioned him, to begin with. "My apologies on that." I kind of thought you might have wandered in, or something...

"Hai! Even a serving miko and a shugenja must get married eventually. I hadn't expected to a part of a strong Scorpion showing, but I mostly found the opportunity to spend time with others instead. It's nice to feel that you've hardly left the Scorpion lands but I am here to meet others, potentially my future husband."

"Yes, marriage is important. I'm sure you'll do quite well for yourself. I have not much spoken to the Unicorn men... are you finding your time with them enjoyable?"
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"And that's all it is, a pretty trinket. Unless you know the words and the syntax. Nothing but a fancy bauble, devoid of all power. Until the words are spoke, that is. The charm is the means... the words, words are the way." He returned the charm to his belt. "Several years to learn the runes, few more how to pronounce them. I have been working on these since I was seven."

"A life time work... So.it is no different as ofuda scrolls just a different medium. Interesting..."

Moshi Asakiko

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion