[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:11 pm

He wasn't explaining things well. Where was an Ikoma when he needed one.

"Ah the Imperial Families stand above all of us at Hohei or the equivalent now. They are related to and directly serve the Emperor. The Lion are the Right Hand of the Emperor and we are loyal. If he or his agents speak then we listen. If they command then we follow. It is the Path of Honour."

He shrugged.

"Even if we do not agree with it."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:15 pm

When you needed Ikoma, and they were not around, chances were that they were womanizing, boozing, or both.

"I... see." Not that it made any sense, but at least he understood. "One would hope that... they would still respect others." There were good leaders and then there were bad leaders. Those who led by an example usually got better results than those who led with intimidation and coarse language. "None can doubt the loyalty of the Lion, of course."

"So... does Matsu-san fancy one of the Otaku then? Or was that too something Miya-sama decided?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:16 pm

"I merely mentioned those present that I had already met and she fixed on the Otaku immediately."

He looked across at Imane and frowned.

"I really hope she didn't do that on height alone."

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:32 pm

"I see. At least Miya-sama is trying to help, but I am not sure I understand why you had to talk to me, and she to Otaku-san. It is not as if she can marry her." Dong-Ha jested dryly.
Or maybe that's how she rolls..

"Well, Otaku are known for their honor and valor, much like the Lion. Then again, I do no know her, so I wouldn't be able to tell you much" his eyes followed those of the kitteh. "Are they all that...blunt?" He meant the Imperials, of course.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:39 pm

"No they're usually not blunt at all. Last time I met an Otomo I didn't understand half the things he said and I still ended up carrying his bags for him. Usually they are as courtly as the Crane."

He frowned at Mei again.

"It was her game. To see which of us would be most persuasive for the other. She really shouldn't have picked a Lion though. I might have been guaranteed to do her bidding, but I'm not a courtier."

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 pm

"I see. Miya-sama would be an exception then?" That made the matter seem less dire. "I guess... I am lucky that the Ide will deal with the Otomo for us. Or so I hope." he took a sip from his cup. "Never been much of a diplomat. Never wanted to."

"Hmhm... well, I will inform Miya-sama that you described her as... and awe inspiring noblewoman." He paused for a moment. "Is there anything else I ought to know, in case she asks?" Bros came before farming implements, and the way Matsu had described the Miya, she did not seem like someone he'd want to mingle with.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Butaj takes the extended hand by the forearm and shakes it the moment Kogo reciprocates the grasp, but it would not linger. "Yes, it was so. Will you drink with us for Chi-pu?" He offers to pour sake for her.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Kogo looks slightly startled at the touch and is somewhat unsure how to proceed. She dares not look around to see who saw this man touch her in such a familiar way. "Ahh, yes. For Chi-pu, absolutely." She offers her a simple cup to him for filling.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"I see. Miya-sama would be an exception then?" That made the matter seem less dire. "I guess... I am lucky that the Ide will deal with the Otomo for us. Or so I hope." he took a sip from his cup. "Never been much of a diplomat. Never wanted to."

"Hmhm... well, I will inform Miya-sama that you described her as... and awe inspiring noblewoman." He paused for a moment. "Is there anything else I ought to know, in case she asks?" Bros came before farming implements, and the way Matsu had described the Miya, she did not seem like someone he'd want to mingle with.

"Oh she inherited a family heirloom sword. I think she'd be devastated if you forgot to mention that."

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:24 pm

"Heirloom sword, gotcha." Dong-Ha nodded. "I'll keep that in mind." he paused for a moment before flashing the Lion a smile.

"I hope to do honor to your... words, if she asks about it."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Mizuki drinks to the Chi-Pu. She finishes off the sake and passes the cup to a nearby servant. She drops her mask and continues drinking the kumis.

She greets the Lion, remembering her from dinner. Other than that, she's content to let the others speak.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Yue stopped and listened to the end of the story. At the end of it she nodded. "In the name of her sacrifice!" she exclaimed and then drank the rest of her bowl. She then handed it off and pulled out her cup of sake. "Moto-san," she said to Butaj, "I am ready if the offer still stands."

She looked to the Lion and smiled. "Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she said, proceeded with a bow. She then looked at Mizuki, trying to gauge her attitude.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Heirloom sword, gotcha." Dong-Ha nodded. "I'll keep that in mind." he paused for a moment before flashing the Lion a smile.

"I hope to do honor to your... words, if she asks about it."

"She probably will. Miya are good with words generally. It is their Duty after all. This one is partly Crane as well so most likely a duellist. The Crane may be all smiles and honeyed words, Iuchi-san, but often they are just looking for an opening to have you insult them so one of their duellists can teach you a lesson."

He frowned again.

"I guess this is a different Empire to what you expected?"

Matsu Yurio

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Miya Mei wrote:"I did not, and from what it sounds, I misses a chance to see a legend. I am remiss for arriving late, as it robbed me of that opprotunity. Your clan has painted quite the picture of her in my mind though. I believe her tales will be spread throughout the Empire when people speak of the Unicorn."

Imane nodded. "Especially if the Miya spread those tales during their travels. Seppun-sama tells me that your family travel far and wide."

She looked at the way the woman sat on her pony. "Are you hoping to join the Unicorn Miya-san, or to take a husband back to join the Imperial families?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:"She probably will. Miya are good with words generally. It is their Duty after all. This one is partly Crane as well so most likely a duellist. The Crane may be all smiles and honeyed words, Iuchi-san, but often they are just looking for an opening to have you insult them so one of their duellists can teach you a lesson."

He frowned again.

"I guess this is a different Empire to what you expected?"

"I wouldn't dream of insulting anyone that important." he shook his head. Just don't want to be her lapdog... "Not even sure why they'd want to each me a lesson... with a sword. The whole occasion.." Dong-Ha spread his arms. "Was Crane idea. To help us assimilate into the Empire."

"Well, of course we had legends... and of course Togashi Myo-En-san's words were passed among us, the Heavens thank for her guidance." Dong-Ha replied. "But still, very few things ever turn out quite like you'd expect them to? Eight hundred years is a long, long time."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields