Parlay With Darkness (Day 6, Late Night)

Re: Parlay With Darkness (Day 6, Late Night)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 pm

"Because he thinks we alone are too ignorant to know better," Saksaha growls to Khulun and the other Unicorn.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Seeing how everyone was mounted, and she was not, Hotaru was going to keep a very great respectable distance from the conversation and just observe from her perspective. It was hard to believe that two of the Empire's proverbial boogeymen were engaged in a war amongst each other and there was no friend found in each of them. If they were lucky, both would evils would eliminate each other and spare the Empire some trouble...
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Kiyoshi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Kiyoshi nods toward Samai, but Saksaha's comment draws a smile to his lips. "It is true. You are ignorant, though that is not why were are here today. I would wager that few among the Clans have mentioned the opening of the Black Scrolls, or of how the Phoenix have opened the path for the Dark Brother to return to Ningen-do. Though, to be fair, the Scorpion have assisted them."

He waves the matter away with his hand. "If we speak of the failings of the Clans and of the things they will not tell you, we will be here until long after your miai has ended. Fortunately, my lord is less miserly with his knowledge. I have learned much of the world from the Dark Brother. As the seals of his prison are weaken, he grows more aware of the world around him and of the fate of his siblings. He knows of Doji's suicide, Hida's death, Togashi's lies... and of Shinjo's imprisonment."
Shadowlands • Champion • Shugenja • Onyx Champion • Voice

Honor: Honorless Dog
Infamy: 4.5
Kiyoshi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm

"Where is she?" The Moto growls.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm

"If there is information to be shared to fight this Lying Darkness, then share it. If you have information on how to return Shinjo-kami to our people share it. But we will not be allies in any war, not even temporary for mutual benefit. Because the moment we let you in is the moment we fail in our war against you," Monkhbaatar replies.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Samai glanced around, looking towards Samai. Togashi's lies? Dark brother returning?

She glared once again at Khuluun, but it had the same effect.

"As my compatriots are saying, this is a matter that concerns us gravely. So your.... lord." She didn't manage to wtihhold the shudder. "Is proposing to give us information on Shinjo-no-kami in return for our aid against this Lying Darkness?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yuzuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Yep. Yuzuki was definitely in over her head. It was on a level well beyond her expertise.

She stayed quiet, letting the Unicorn speak their own piece.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Kiyoshi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Kiyoshi turns toward Samai, his steed's glassy eyes staring back lifelessly at the others. "You have cut to the crux of it, Ide-san. The trinket that I gave to Moto Khulun was taken from her person. The kami should be able to confirm that claim, if you have not already consulted with them."

"In short, I require bodies to fight the threat, in the most literal sense of the word. My offer, which you may convey to your respective daimyo, is thus: give me the bodies of those Unicorn who perish for the next ten years. Their souls will pass on to the Meido, unhindered by Jigoku, which will relinquish any claim upon their souls. Their bodies, however, will march in my armies."

He holds his hand out to the Unicorn, palm open and upwards. "In return, I will tell you where the darkness is keeping Shinjo prisoner. She is much stronger than a mortal, but she fights an enemy far greater than herself. It is only a matter of time before she succumbs to the darkness and becomes one of its faceless minions. There is still time to rescue her... though not much."

Kiyoshi

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Well..... that was terrible.

"Thank you for the offer Kiyoshi-sama. As instructed, we will convey this in the appropriate way of course." She looked to the others fiercely, urging them to leave the matter at hand.
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:32 pm

"Tell us where she is. Her becoming free of it's imprisonment rather than becoming it's slave should be enough of a return for you. If you don't tell us you simply make your enemy stronger. Why would we bolster your strength that you can use it against us? That's a losing proposition for us completely, and you withholding the information is a losing proposition for you as well," Monkhbaatar says with an edge of anger in his voice.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Saksaha suppresses a shiver when the pale rider, a vision straight out of her truest nightmare, smiles at her words. But she can't entirely conceal her unease from her mare, who's already unsettled by the presence of the horrid skeletal horses; Gio snorts and shudders her coat.

Anything he says could be a lie. Any truths he tells are fancy dress for more lies. Jaw set, she tries to look this warning at Samai and Khulun, though who knows what comes through in the moonlight and shadows.

She still has nothing to say to the pale rider except Get bent, but in her fury she makes an effort to put it in clearer terms, at least. "Your offer insults our clan, slave of Hell. Shinjo-no-kami would reject any child of hers who took such a bargain."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Kiyoshi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Tell us where she is. Her becoming free of it's imprisonment rather than becoming it's slave should be enough of a return for you. If you don't tell us you simply make your enemy stronger. Why would we bolster your strength that you can use it against us? That's a losing proposition for us completely, and you withholding the information is a losing proposition for you as well," Monkhbaatar says with an edge of anger in his voice.

"Because I have leverage and am wise enough to realize it, Shinjo-san." There was little in the way of deception in his voice. "That is the way of the Empire. I recommend that you grow accustomed to it."

Kiyoshi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Khulun is silent in thought.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Kiyoshi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:She still has nothing to say to the pale rider except Get bent, but in her fury she makes an effort to put it in clearer terms, at least. "Your offer insults our clan, slave of Hell. Shinjo-no-kami would reject any child of hers who took such a bargain."

"In the Empire I knew, sacrificing for one's lord was a virtue." He shrugs. "Perhaps that was not a tradition kept up by the Unicorn in their absence."

Kiyoshi

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:37 pm

"Quiet. We are leaving." Hopefully the Mekhem words will quiet them all down. She just wanted to get out of here with all of their lives and souls in peace... there was information to convey, whether lies, whether falsehoods!

"Thank you for the explanation Kiyoshi-sama. We will take your leave then, and will convey the messages in the proper way to our superiors."

She glared at Sakshasa now. They heard worse insults, they can endure.
Ide Samai

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields