Day 5 EM Do You Really Want To Yurt Me?

Re: Day 5 EM Do You Really Want To Yurt Me?

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:27 pm

She smiled. "I'd like it if that happened. They take only a few minutes to sculpt by necessity, so they're good for creating general good will, at least. The more elaborate ones may draw more attention,"she agrees with a smile. A curious expression crosses her face, "I suppose I am curious of the same - was it your choice to take a different approach, or were you encouraged to do so for another reason?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:34 pm

"I am a second son and my brother Kenshiro-san showed great promise in the traditional school even at a very young age. My parents decided I should walk a different path they are friends with my Sensei and his aspiring dojo needed students. While it was not my decision, it is one I embraced as I am not my brother. Though the shadow he cast kept me cool and comfortable as a child I would not be one forever and would have my own path." Kaizen smiled thinking of the dojo he attended, but it was also a sad smile thinking of the brother who had died.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm

She nodded, smiling a bit. "Not everyone approaches their circumstances so reasonably. Shiba-san has a very good head on his shoulders, I think." She tilts her head. "I suppose it was somewhat similar in the sense of accepting things for me. I don't have the best health, so they thought I should work independently... but I really like the art I'm doing now. It worked out well."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Why hadn't Kakita Jinsoku been as accepting as either of us? It was not a fair question to ask aloud Ameka was the first Crane to talk to him without anger or contempt behind false smiles. Either she does not know or does not care. "Those who fight the Celestial Order tend to find misery in great supply and share it with those they meet." Kaizen said with a sad look on his face.

"I would rather live in peace, defend my charge's honor, and on occasion play the Samisen." He added with a smile, "If I were truly fortunate even enjoy one of Doji-san's ingenious works of art." Born not of the Kuge he was accustomed to much simpler food.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

"Is that a yes to my offer of it, then?" She asks with a gently playful smile crossing her lips, stepping up and holding the delicately rendered phoenix out to him. "Indeed. And I would much rather have pleasant things to share with those I meet."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm

If it wasn't a gift before it was now so came the first refusal, "I could surely you know one more worthy than I for such a wonder?"
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:47 am

"I think you are more than worthy of such a simple gift, Shiba-san," she replies, going through the ritual. "I'd like you to have it."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:28 am

Kaizen retorted, "I cannot for a gift like that can only be truly appreciated by one before it is gone and even among my Clan here at this miai there are those who have shown greater service to the Empire."
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:19 am

"If I run into them, I'm sure I'll have something for them. But this one is for you," she bows to him, holding it out with both hands for the third offer.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:40 am

"Your persistence is yet another talent and should be recognized, sadly only I am here to witness it. So I will accept the gift offered out of respect for your talents and great honor you have shown." He bowed accepting the curious confectionery of Crane careful construction calling to Kaizen for consumption.

The Shiba took a closer look amazed at the degree of detail. After a time to appreciate the work he placed it in his mouth allowing it to settle and the taste to fill his mouth before starting to chew then swallow the simulacrum of his Clan.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:32 pm

"You're too kind, Shiba-san. Thank you." The flavor is sweet, slightly tart and citrusy, like kinkan. It seems as much attention to the scent and flavor as the look. "Is is all right?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:41 pm

"Very nice Doji-san, sweeter than anything I can recall eating. Thank you for allowing me to try one. I wonder how well do they hold up over time?" Kaizen asked curiously.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:24 pm

"Oh... Well, once they're cooked and cool, they don't really go bad. It's better to keep them covered, since they can cling to anything they come in contact with, and there's a chance they'll break, but they're good to eat for a long time," she explains.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:29 pm

"That is interesting to know. Perhaps if Doji-san would like I could carry some with me after the miai and should there be an opportunity to give some to an honorable host I would be certain the name Doji Ameka-san was known. Coming from me that may surprise them." Kaizen said. He wanted to mend the wound he had inflicted and this may help quell some Court gossip.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:54 pm

"I'd like that... It would take me a day or two to make more between the events and whatnot, but if you were willing to visit me soon, I could pack some of my work up to bring with you when we leave the miai," she offers with a smile. "Besides, it would be nice to speak again."

Doji Ameka

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts