D5, EA, Body & Mind

Re: D5, EA, Body & Mind

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 pm

"Yes. That informed the Unicorn about the upcoming meeting?" Udo searches her eyes for any sign of recognition.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm

"You... know about that then. I had been under the impression Moto-sama was trying to keep knowledge of that within the Clan. Still, I am not of that mindset myself. There is definitely much going on behind the scenes I think..."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Udo nods. "I was there when the message was delivered, though it was not intended for me. I am... blessed... to be in the right place at the... right time."

"I think you are right, though," Udo says as he begins walking again. "It is like this dojo. On the surface, it is simple, but elegant. It shows its purpose. Yet, there is more... a design so simple is not so simple. A dojo with no master lacks a purpose." He turns toward her. "There is much more than a simple meeting coming, even if only words are exchanged."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Yukarin nods as she walks with him, "Will you be going to the meeting then, Togashi-sama?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 pm

"I was not invited or asked to go. I gave my council, and I believe my part ends there... but with the events of last night, I thought it might be best to talk to an intelligent friend. To calm the mind, if nothing else."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Yukarin nodded again, "I will do what I can for you... but I am not sure I can claim to be too intelligent; After all, I am still thinking about going to that meeting. Even if I know it may not be the best of ideas."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Udo shrugs off her comment. "Intelligence and wisdom are different things, but I believe you likely have both. Besides, is there not a place that honor takes the place of both?"

Now that they've made a circuit around the building, Udo gestures toward the inside of the dojo.

"You are already doing much for me, by knowing you are made aware. I worried... well, it is not important. So perhaps we can assist each other?" Udo waits a moment before continuing.

"Anything that come from this meeting will likely be like one of your trade deals. An agent of that kami is unlikely to offer anything for free. If you are to go prepared to the meeting, which would set me at ease, I think it would be important to know what could be asked of the Unicorn... and perhaps how valuable it is to them?"

Udo pushes back his straw hat, more fully revealing his face. "I do not mean to delve into the Unicorn's secrets, but surely you've asked yourselves what they could want of you?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm

"That is the question of the moment I suppose, and why I would go to the meeting myself; Those going already... I have not seen signs that what this Champion might ask of the Unicorn in return for his help is part of their consideration. Or at least, they are not concerned about being asked for something beyond propriety."

She stepped inside with Udo, keeping her voice soft as she talked to him.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:08 pm

"And, if I may be so bold... I'm not so sure the Unicorn need anything from him. If someone asks you to trade and you don't know what he wants or what you want... why go?"

Udo looks up at the ceiling from the inside. "Also, why is he approaching the Unicorn for help when the other Clans have been here? What makes you different, other than years of absence?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 pm

She looked over at Udo, "So you do not know that part then..."

Yukarin wondered how much to say... or indeed, how much she really knew, "Moto-sama is so desirous of a meeting because she believes this man can help the Unicorn with something vital to our interests. Not vice versa."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 pm

"I guess I do not know. But it cannot be good, if you cannot ask it of another Clan."

Udo shrugs, "I suppose we all have our secrets, and it is not my place to pry."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:24 am

"If you think other Clans may have information about the whereabouts of Shinjo-Okami, then I'm sure my Clan would love to hear about it, Togashi-sama. Not that I'm convinced this man has that information either, but perhaps you can understand why some in the Clan would be willing to risk much for that chance."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 am

"I can," Udo says with a nod, and then he falls silent in thought.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:32 am

Yukarin sighs softly, voice still soft, "It is not the best position to be in for the Unicorn; Not only does it find us seemingly dependant on and untrustworthy outside source for such vital information, but it also causes divisions within the Clan; This Champion has asked for a representative from each family, but only the Moto, Shinjo, and Ide are willing so far to entertain the idea. My own Family and the Otaku protest and refuse. It is not a good start to being back in Rokugan."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm

"It is not, but a lack of unity is not new to the Empire. The bigger concern is what the champion will do... the Unicorn will work out its own disputes. I hope the best for the families that are attending..."

More info.
Togashi Udo

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo