Breakfast For Bastards (D5 Late Morning) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: Breakfast For Bastards (D5 Late Morning) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

"Butaj doesn't know but he hopes so. It's a question for Khan Gantulga and other leaders. Butaj thinks we'll need to find better ways back than the one we have arrived by." He frowns, but then shakes his head and tries to smile.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

"Of course." Mizuki ponders asking about this Long Ride. After all, shouldn't the Scorpion know of whatever this was? It wasn't the Shadowlands. They have no jade. They would have all been corrupted. So did they face that was so horrible. But such talk was probably not best for a courtship. Besides, Mizuki had been bothering him with all her questions. It was only fair that he gets his turn to ask.

"Thank you for sharing. It was fascinating. Do you have any questions for me?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:13 pm

"Butaj is curious what Mizuki thinks of Butaj after this meeting." He looks into her eyes.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:31 pm

"Honestly? I'm impressed. Most people avoid the Yogo Family because of our Curse. You're strong enough to face it head on. That is.... That is something that few men can say." Mizuki could think of a woman who could, but that's besides the point. "While on the outside some of your manners seem foreign, I can tell your heart beats of a true samurai. And that's what matters. You said the Moto are the heart of the Unicorn, and if the rest are like you, I do not doubt it. I do not love you yet, I don't doubt that I would should I pick you."

Mizuki gives a smirk. "The only negative I see is that I apparently have to fight two women for you. Though I guess I should be glad it's not more."

Mizuki looks down. "I do not want to talk about this, but should you not want me to pick you, send a note to me on the morning of the last competition. I have not decided on anyone yet, but I will say that I consider you a possibility. And I will not make you my husband unwillingly. I will not get in the way of someone else's love." Unless she hates them, but that's a different story.

She looks up at Butaj. Afraid to ask, but she is a samurai even if she isn't slaying giant serpents. "And what does Butaj think of Mizuki?"

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Butaj's smile does not falter as he listens to her. There is no reason for it to. It's genuine, and all he hears only reinforces his positive view of Mizuki.

"Butaj is impressed with Mizuki too. She's honest and open to new things that are not her usual, she knows how to cope with difficulty. She does not have some silly eastern peeves, nor does she judge Butaj by how he is not how the men of her Clan. She also has an idea how Butaj could fit into her Clan and would help him find his place, what is very important to Butaj. She's very fair to Butaj with her respect for Butaj's wishes and feelings. And on top of that she is beautiful, graceful and has interest in things that Butaj finds or could find fancy. But she also has a keen mind for things Butaj often forgets about even though they are important, like financial prosperity of the yurt... household." He pauses, giving her a bottom-up look. "With time together, Butaj thinks admiration of Mizuki as a beautiful woman could grow, tender feelings would appear and passion take hold. Even now blood thumps strongly in Butaj's veins as he thinks of what Mizuki could offer her future husband after dusk. Butaj is no double dealer though, and Mizuki deserves the best of Butaj as much as he can give now, and friendship and fairness he can give now. It is not in Butaj's fate to choose his bride, but he has already pledged his efforts to another and Butaj is not a man to go back on his word. But this kurultai for pairing men and women is a strange one, and many things can still happen. If Butaj becomes Mizuki's choice in end, he will strive to be a good husband and a dedicated lover so that Mizuki has as little reason to betray him in and out of sheets as possible. So that if Mizuki falls for Butaj and then betrays him, what follows can be overcome and our bond would not unravel." He chuckles playfully. "Honestly, Butaj thinks Mizuki is the kind of woman that is worth more than a bit of trouble on the way."

Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Butaj's response dismisses Mizuki's concerns.

She smiles genuinely. "I accept your friendship and give mine in return." The smile turns seductive. "Though I assure that Scorpion women are renown for after dusk. And I am no exception." Get his interest up. He won't care about the directness. Leave him wanting more. "But I will respect that Butaj is not a double-dealer. I wouldn't have it any other way." Mizuki of course hopes Butaj doesn't notice she doesn't make the same claim. It was just one time. She said it was her last chance. Mizuki didn't want her to live with regret. She was helping her friend. That was it.

Mizuki notices her bowl is empty. "It looks like breakfast is over." She bows. "Thank you for coming, Butaj-san. I'm glad to have met you regardless of how the future plays out." Yogo Butaj. I think that does have a nice ring to it.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Butaj's interest is piqued but does not flare for he remains Misa-happy. Little does he know that his honesty may be his undoing once deployed for Mizuki's benefit! He smiles, then nods. "It was a good meeting. Butaj is grateful for the invitation. Walk with the winds." He clumsily returns the bow, then picks up his instrument and makes his leave. He hasn't eaten enough, but it was still productive.

/exit

Moto Butaj

Previous

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms