Now is the Time for Yuu (D2, EM)

Re: Now is the Time for Yuu (D2, EM)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:32 pm

"So you're career is linked with your horse? What would happen if one of you fell in battle and not the other?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:40 pm

"We would mourn, and then train a new companion or turn to bearing the next generation." She smiled politely. "The Otaku are warriors, it is not unusual for one of a pair to fall in battle. If a rider dies then her horse may help to train the next generation."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:49 pm

He nodded, "That's quite the relationship. How did these traditions start?"

He asked with interest.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Imane smiled and composed herself before telling the story. An abbreviated version but it called the gist of it.

"Many generations ago my people were held captive by sorcerers in the Burning Sands. When we escaped that prison the ancestors of our steeds were also freed by Otaku Rumaru, and they have served as our companions and steeds ever since. We believe that these first steeds originated in the spirit realms and a deal was made by their progenitor so that only a woman of the Otaku lineage may ride one into battle."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Yuuru nodded, "I think I'm starting to understand the deep tie you all seem to have... I've never really seen such attachment to an animal, but it's starting to make sense."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:14 am

"We are more like siblings I suppose. We spend most of our lives together.". She playfully tussled Almatar's mane.

"So Soshi Yuuru-san, tell me: what should I know about you that I do not already?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 am

He smiled and chuckled somewhat nervously, "That's a pretty big question there I suppose.... Me... Hmm, let me see..."

He tapped his chin with his index finger, "Well... I'm a fairly easy-going man. I don't sweat the smaller bumps in the road of life. I'd like to be a magistrate one day like my training has prepared me for. I have some skill in cartography and land administration as well as a couple years' experience as a scout now. I like women with a good head on their shoulders... Uhh... I hate large cats after having a run in with a tiger in the forest... Got the scars to prove that one."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am

Imane listened to his reply carefully, attempting to judge the truth in Yuuru's words.

"A magistrate in training with scouting and land administration experience, looking for a good woman? This is all quite promising Soshi-san. And you wrestled a tiger as well as a snake man?"

She patted Almatar and looked at the horse expectantly. If there was a signal between the two it was not obvious, but her eyes looked up again to meet those of the Scorpion.
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

He nodded but sensed that this woman wasn't fully trusting him, "You don't seem to believe me. I could show you the scars if you'd like..."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Imane was about to protest but stopped herself. She smiled. "That would not be proper Soshi-san. Besides, in truth you have given me no reason to doubt your words, beyond the statement that Scorpion should not always be trusted. I must say, I look forward to learning more about you and your people in the days ahead."
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm

He smiled, "And is there anything I should know about you before you leave?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 pm

She nodded. "Yes. You should know that I am looking for a man who will be happy running my household, and raising the children we will have once Almatar is ready to retire. Also that I like music, dance and cavalry charges."

Imane bowed in the saddle, and then Almatar turned to face the yurt city. "Until next time Sushi Yuuru-san."
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

He smiled and bowed. "Until next time Imane-san."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Previous

Return to The Western Fields