Tea Day with two Ide Today (D5, LM, Fukawa's Hut)

Re: Tea Day with two Ide Today (D5, LM, Fukawa's Hut)

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:48 am

"If I might be bold, Doji-Sama, have the men of our Clan treated you respectably?" She picked up a piece of dried fruit and nibbled on it.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 am

Fukawa mulled that over briefly.

"Well....to be honest, I haven't met as many as them as I would have liked." she says. "Shinjo Akil has been very respectful, and has been quite pleasant to speak with. Moto Baatar...well, he asks a lot of questions, but his devotion to learning is commendable. Moto Brutaj....."

Fukawa sips her tea.

"....is Moto Brutaj. I somehow feel I need not speak further on what he is like."

She shrugs a bit.

"Sadly, those are the only ones I have met. I feel like I could sympathize with Ide-san." she says motioning to Amaya "When she asked about male Crane in attendance. I had hoped to meet some male Ide, but it does not seem meant to be."
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Samai on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Bru-taj? Samai decided to let that one go diplomatically.

"Ah, Shinjo-san is an honorable man of talent and a quiet intensity. I have talked with him earlier, and he is a good conversationalist." She took another sip of tea. The mint was a nice touch.

"I am sorry to hear about the lack of Crane here, but hopefully that will change in the future. May I ask Doji-san's advice about the male candidates among the non-Unicorn? Anyone she would suggest?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Hop on your horses and ride! You're surrounded by bloodthirsty Lion, duplicitous Scorpion, and treacherous Phoenix! Fukawa thought while looking down at her cup.

"Hmm. I would have to recommend Togashi Udo. He's a very....unusual specimen at a miai, but he is quite talented, an excellent conversationalist, and quite clever. He truly hopes that Benten smiles upon him at this miai, and as my Clan has always revered Benten, I can give him nothing but my support in his quest." she relates.

She thinks for a moment more.

"Seppun Hideo is another good choice. A scholarly type who seems very interested in helping the Unicorn integrate into the Empire."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 pm

She had also noted the Crane's mispronunciation and it had amused her, but she had no wish to draw attention to it.

"Khulun-San has spoken well of Togashi-Sama. He seems to have an instinct for soothing her brasher nature. Seppun Hideo-Sama I have met, he is..." she seeks a moment for the right amount of diplomacy, "he has been very kind." She manages, poorly.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 am

"I have not yet met Togashi-san, though the Dragon were helpful to us during our ride." She seemed thoughtful. "What do you think of the Yasuki, Doji-san?"
Ide Samai

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Fukawa tilted her head a bit, both at Amaya's stumble on the Seppun, and Samai's question.

"In general, Ide-San? I have not met with any of the Yasuki attending this miai yet, so I could really only repeat what is known about them." she replied.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:07 pm

"In general would help. I have met Yasuki-san who is participating at th emiai, Yassuki Tomonage. am curious how a well versed courtier like you perceive of things." She took another sip of her tea.
Ide Samai

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:22 pm

"I'm sorry to say that I haven't met with half the people I should like to, including any of the Dragons." I shall have to make better use of my time for the remainder of the ma-ai."

Ide Amaya

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Fukawa mulled the question over briefly.

"Well,if you've noted that their mons differ from other Crab, it's because they were once a Crane family., Long ago, there was a dispute between the Crane and the Crab over some land, and when ordered to attack the Crab over it, the Yasuki family refused. The Crane champion banished them from the clan, and the Crab happily scooped them up." she explained.

"They are known for being excellent traders. Right now, our clans are on fairly positive relations, so we're working with them as best we can."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Samai nodded. "Arigatou Doji-san. Can I ask for your personal opinions on them? You seem to have quite some experience on the topic." She smiled a bit. "As a fellow courtier, I am quite curious about the current situation out and about in the Empire."
Ide Samai

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Fukawa considers the Ide's question.

"The Lion clan has grown to be....worryingly strong, I would say." she admits. "Their armies were able to utilize the extra resources from what were once your lands to expand to levels previously impossible. They've also used surplus food to bind the Scorpion clan tightly to them to secure their summer gains in the Winter Court. They've driven a literal wedge of land between the Phoenix and the Crane, and now have access to the ocean. They also successfully warred against the Naga, returning with strange items from them as well."

Fukawa shrugs.

"The Crane are on good terms with the Crab and the Dragon, but if the Lion attack the Crane, any aid from those two clans is going to be very slow in coming." she says.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:03 pm

This summary worries Amaya. She is neither politically, nor tactically minded, and she fears the idea of any of the Clans - Lions or otherwise - holding a sword over their heads. She does not comment, however, instead taking one of the nuts that Fukawa has so generously provided and carefully placing it in the sleeve pocket of her kimono.

Ide Amaya

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Samai nodded and frowned a bit. "I see.... the Lion are in ascendance, alongside the Scorpion." That seemed to fit.... the Lion seemed generally upbeat despite the loss of their lands. Sort of.

"The Naga? I have heard of them, but nothing certain... what do you know of them, if I may ask Doji-san?" She took another sip of her tea, though it was cooling now.

"Do you think the Lion attacking the Crane is a risk at the moment? Do you foresee it?" She asked gently.
Ide Samai

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Fukawa shakes her head.

"I know very little about the Naga. They're half-man, half-snake, and a group of them turned on the others during the war, and so were granted the freedom to traverse the Empire." she explains.

Fukawa sips her tea thoughtfully at the mention of a Lion attack.

"It's likely" she admits. "The Lion go to war practically every summer. If no one else has given them cause to make war upon them, the Crane tend to be their most likely targets."

She looked over the the Unicorn thoughtfully. What were the odds they would attack the Unicorn soon?

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts