(D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Re: (D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:51 pm

"Hai. I was blind to your affections." She gave a small laugh. "It is hard to see with this damaged eye, Taira-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Taira pulled away far enough to free one hand, to brush the burned side of her face with one hand.

"Or with a gaze that seeks something else... it can be easy to miss a truth hidden in front of us."

He studied her face intently, contemplating his response. "I seem to have seen some of what I wanted to see, as well, so we are, neither of us, guiltless in that misunderstanding."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Yue closed her eyes, her cheeks turning a bit red. It was still embarrassing, even knowing his feelings. And even if she did not show it often, her scars were still a delicate notion to her. "My sister has said I am a gentle woman. I did not think of the consequences of my actions."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 pm

He saw the blush, and he wondered what it meant.

The pounding in his chest gave him one idea, but he suspected it was wrong.

"She is right, and you are... yet you are also fierce. Determined. What you have suffered, you have done so with a dignity that turns scars to signs, that tell of your strength. You should not be ashamed."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm

The woman knew what effect reddened cheeks would have. However, it was not in the realm of possibility for her to force her body to stop.

"Hai. I think if I married into the Scorpion I would request a mask that does not hide my scars." She gave a small smirk. "It would be amusing if it covered the other side of my face."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

He shrugged faintly, and smiled. "The choice of a mask certainly isn't permanent, but it usually is expected to be taken somewhat seriously. Sometimes advice is taken, in choosing the final outcome."

Quirking his head, he added, "The real question is what you believe your mask is. And what you wish for it to say."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Yue let out a small chuckle. "It is difficult for me to know the answer. I was not raised as a Scorpion." She finally opened her eyes and met his. "You know my opinion on masks. I wish to be open with whom I speak with. I want them to read my face. However, I would not want to disrespect Bayushi-no-Kami."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm

"Then a mask which is open... perhaps like mine. A cousin of mine wears a gauzy headband, which accentuates her eyes."

A soft chuckle. "There are as many masks as there are Scorpion. Still, you need not fret about it yet."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:00 pm

"Perhaps like yours," she repeated. Her lips had a faintly coy smirk, only held back by reservation.

"Hai. You are correct, Taira-dono. My marriage will come later."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:08 pm

"Hai."

A slow breath, and he gently released her.

"I can't... promise... anything. Not yet. I will think, however, and I will find an answer. I owe you that. I want you to be happy, and to happy myself... but I must consider my duty, and weigh it all."

Offering a weak smile, he added, "Don't think I discount you, however, as I still... regard you very highly."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 pm

The Shinjo took a step backward and contemplated on his words. She had thought it better, at first, to simply take his answer and leave. However, the Liu Sisters were known for their directness. "What Duty must you consider, Taira-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

"To marry as well as I possibly can."

He sighed. "If there is a chance to make a bond which would benefit my clan in a very meaningful way, I would be duty bound to take it."

Clasping his hands together, he squeezed them, holding his emotions in check. "I have some, slim, possibility of such... but as I said. I esteem you highly. I don't discount your virtues. I do not think you would be a bad match, in any sense." Beyond the possibility that you would be miserable with me, or that I would be miserable because I could not please you...

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Why am I feeling jealous? I came to this miai to do just the same.

Maybe I should seek to marry another man.

But would that man have the same reaction as him...?

Yue swallowed back her emotions. "Hai. I understand, Taira-dono." She pulled out her mirror and looked at her smudged eye makeup. She squatted down next to the tent pole, propped it up, and then began to wipe it away.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Taira swallowed back his desires, and stepped over to her, resting one hand gently on her shoulder, and said, softly, "It is only one of great standing who even hopes to compete with you... and not for my heart."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

"Hai." In a way, she wished that another woman would steal his heart from her, take him into some blissful marriage where they were both in a love that made the pillowbooks look dull in comparison. But she was certain that was merely fantasy. She knew that they could only hope to marry the best and most available suitor.

After putting away her mirror, she took his hand with hers and let out a sigh. "Gomennasai." She got to her feet and looked at him one more time. "I believe the Mantis requires your attention, Taira-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts