D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Re: D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Postby Otaku Imane on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Imane was present and looking fabulous, having gone overboard with making herself beautiful in honour of Chi-Pu. Her usual smile was absent however as she put on a brave face for her departed sister.

She carried a linked set of drums in one hand and an odd stringed instrument, familiar to the Moto, in the other. In truth she looked a touch lost, but felt stronger when she spotted Butaj and Khulun. Releasing a deep breath she tried to relax, and looked around for the host.

(OOC: Feel free to PM if you want to chat but as mentioned I'm on extremely slow posting for a while. Didn't want to miss the thread :))
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She accepts the sake and nods vigorously after she pours. "I would be glad to hear more of her."

He took a drink before starting, forming his thoughts. "She was an inspiring presence during the Dark Ride for many, a honourable woman of strong morals and a leader who stood firm against all the things that beset us during that time. She has trained many of her fellow battlemaidens, including as I mentioned the Otaku heir Kitakuhime-sama."

He took a pause to refil his own cup. "I saw her many times during the last part of that journey. always at the front, encouraging others onwards. A true leader." Another short pause. "She will be missed, but her lessons and her spirit will not be forgotten."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She accepts the sake and nods vigorously after she pours. "I would be glad to hear more of her."

He took a drink before starting, forming his thoughts. "She was an inspiring presence during the Dark Ride for many, a honourable woman of strong morals and a leader who stood firm against all the things that beset us during that time. She has trained many of her fellow battlemaidens, including as I mentioned the Otaku heir Kitakuhime-sama."

He took a pause to refil his own cup. "I saw her many times during the last part of that journey. always at the front, encouraging others onwards. A true leader." Another short pause. "She will be missed, but her lessons and her spirit will not be forgotten."

She nodded along with his words, listening intently. "This is also what I saw of her. She had a fearlessness and a strength that I greatly admired. In her, I saw much of what is spoken of in my ancestress Matsu, but in a different form. A fearless woman warrior, who would not let anything stand in the way of her duty, to others and herself."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Suteichi started up another [urlhttps://youtu.be/vJouzJgQHtg]number[/url] since he saw others dancing.

----------------

Perform:Samisen/Agility D5 2: 4d10o10k3 22
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"A late contribution, Sayyeda?" Butaj smirks, giving Khulun the skin back. "The important question here is what's better, Butaj without a beard or a beard without Butaj." Butaj makes a pause, then takes Khulun's hand. "Let's dance biyelgee for Chi-Pu. May the Father Moon and the endless sky see and hear we don't forget our best." He then rises and calls "Si Akil, biyelgee!" And intones right after, rushing to challenge other dancers and pulling Khulun with him.

Day 5 - LE - Song for Chi-Pu - Awa/Song (Sensation, Voice) - 1R for Volume: 5d10e10k4 23

Day 5 - LE - Dance for Chi-Pu - Ag/Dance (Sensation) - 1R for leading Khulun: 5d10e10k4 29

(The song & dance)

She wanted to punch him but istead she danced... and danced and danced with her naked faced Butaj.

OOC: Dance: 3d10 16
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:Suteichi started up another number since he saw others dancing.

----------------

Perform:Samisen/Agility D5 2: 4d10o10k3 22

Kaizen kept up making two samisen's as one. He closed his eyes enjoying the music as his fingers deftly moved. He could only hope the music lifted the spirits of those present.

_________

Perform Samisen/Agility 22
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 pm

Hotaru was present at the event since the beginning to support her kinsman, but perhaps she was overlooked as she was slightly on the short side. Her outfit was changed into a black kimono with a crimson haori. She watched the collaborations of musicians and the antics that were close by. On paper, it sounded like it would be a mess but they somehow made this...work?
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:22 pm

After a few cups, Kemuri felt more lively. Allowing the music to guide him, he danced.

He was pretty good. He urged any woman he could into joining him.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 am

Mei watched and listened as the event began. She eys those present and her gaze falls to Kemuri. She puts the fan she had drawn on earlier in the day in front of her face and watches as the man dances.

When he reaches a point he could respond, Mei bows to him.

"Good evening, Unicorn-san. I am Miya Mei. You dance well."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nodded along with his words, listening intently. "This is also what I saw of her. She had a fearlessness and a strength that I greatly admired. In her, I saw much of what is spoken of in my ancestress Matsu, but in a different form. A fearless woman warrior, who would not let anything stand in the way of her duty, to others and herself."

"Those who stand at the front are often the first to fall." He kept silent for a time, downing his drink again before offering more sake to the Matsu.

"We knew when Shinjo instructed us to return that there would be a need for us here. And yet... I think many of us thought that we would find peace here." His expression turned hard "It seems that even here we must watch good people die." He appeared to be taking it personally.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 am

Miya Mei wrote:Mei watched and listened as the event began. She eys those present and her gaze falls to Kemuri. She puts the fan she had drawn on earlier in the day in front of her face and watches as the man dances.

When he reaches a point he could respond, Mei bows to him.

"Good evening, Unicorn-san. I am Miya Mei. You dance well."

He shifted his movements, to offer a deep bow. "Thank you, Miya-sama, your words humble me. I am Shinjo Kemuri. Would you care to join in the dance?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:19 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nodded along with his words, listening intently. "This is also what I saw of her. She had a fearlessness and a strength that I greatly admired. In her, I saw much of what is spoken of in my ancestress Matsu, but in a different form. A fearless woman warrior, who would not let anything stand in the way of her duty, to others and herself."

"Those who stand at the front are often the first to fall." He kept silent for a time, downing his drink again before offering more sake to the Matsu.

"We knew when Shinjo instructed us to return that there would be a need for us here. And yet... I think many of us thought that we would find peace here." His expression turned hard "It seems that even here we must watch good people die." He appeared to be taking it personally.

She listened intently to him. "One always hopes for better days, does one not? Even a samurai must retire. And though he might wish to die a glorious death, I think it is easier to do so, than to live after another has died in such a way." She sips her sake, glad for something to soothe her heart.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:
He shifted his movements, to offer a deep bow. "Thank you, Miya-sama, your words humble me. I am Shinjo Kemuri. Would you care to join in the dance?"

Her eyes look the man up and down while her face remains behind the fan.

"I could certainly try, though with a lead as skilled as you, I am afraid you would think I have two left feet."

She steps a little closer to the man however, keeping her fan raised.
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 am

"I doubt that." he smiled. "All you need to do is move as the music leads you and enjoy yourself."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields