(D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Re: (D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 pm

He glanced at her, and then chuckled. "Well... I also meant... romantically."

With a sigh, he shrugged. "Still... I'm glad to think you can trust me. Not many people do, given who I am. They need me, but don't... trust me."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 pm

"I cannot claim that I have been close to anyone romantically either." She certainly could not say that about Mizuki. Their encounter last night had only brought up more questions.

Yue went in closer again, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I know I can trust you, Taira-dono."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 pm

He laughed.

"Can you? Right now I feel only a desire to draw you closer... and I know that doing so would not make you any happier. Would not fix a damn thing."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 pm

The Shinjo took a step closer. "Would that make you happier, Taira-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 pm

"That isn't the point."

He could feel his heart pounding as she leaned closer, and his face turned a little red.

"That isn't the point at all."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Yue stood her ground. "But would it make you happy?" She turned her head so that she would not have to sigh into his face. "I would you to be happy."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:19 pm

"It wouldn't... help..."

He averted his gaze, eyes turning toward the floor. A slow, pained breath. He thought his heart might explode through his chest.

"I shouldn't..."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Yue nodded and took a step backward. Her eyes went to the ground too. "What would you prefer I do, Taira-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:50 pm

"Tell Benten to stop... to stop treating people like toys."

He looked at her, and he couldn't, for the life of him, force out what he wanted to say. Give me time to think.

If she left... would it have been just a bad dream... or would she be gone forever?

His head wasn't working how it needed to, and he wanted to hold her close. He also wanted to leave, to go hide, to forget he had ever been attracted, ever felt the pain... fire... that he felt inside now. Fire that could never be returned.

Why did anyone want to be in love?

With a soft sigh, he said, simply, "I don't have an answer, otherwise. The only thing I can do is think. To try and make sense of this."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 pm

Yue took another step backward and kept her eyes downward. "Do you wish for me to stay? Do you wish for me to go?" All she wanted to do was make it easy for the man. But without much experience in such matters, she was at a loss for what to do for the struggling Soshi. "I want to help you however I can, Taira-dono."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 am

"I..."

He was torn, divided.

"I know what I should say, and I know what I wish to say."

Taking a slow, deep breath, he asked, softly... "What would you like to do?"

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25 am

"I want to help you, Taira-dono. However, I am not sure how to do so." Yue finally looked up to him, her eyes teary. "I thought telling you the truth would help you but it appears I have only caused you suffering."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 am

The sight of tears in her eyes broke his remaining resolve, and he stood, and stepped forward to embrace her. "I... am glad you told me. I would not have you carry that alone."

Taking a slow breath, he added, "I just wish... wish I could be a comfort to you. Could give you happiness and security... that I could be someone you could turn to when you hurt, and find solace. That I could give you what you needed."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm

She let out a small sob when he took her in before she hushed herself. "You make me happy, Taira-dono. I enjoy your company." The Shinjo nuzzled into the hug. "I am finding some solace now, Taira-dono. You underestimate yourself."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:48 pm

The sob made him flinch, ever so faintly, but he did not let go.

Taira gave her a gentle squeeze, and whispered, "Perhaps... and you have no idea how I wish I could be everything you wanted."

Soshi Taira

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts