Day 5 [LM] Pincers and Tails

Re: Day 5 [LM] Pincers and Tails

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:"Should we be relaxed while doing this? I hear about being calm under pressure. To clear your mind. To be ever present and not. Is that right Kogo-san?" he was clearly leading to somewhere with her.

Kogo feels a slight irritation at the constant questions but stills it. "Relaxation is important. You must be able to flow through the forms, feeling them in your body like water. Being present is important, as distraction can get you killed. " Too late, she realizes she has wandered neatly into the Scorpion's trap. "Bayushi-san, I do not wish to discuss it."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Suteichi was not about to tolerate being snapped at again. He was going to make her talk. She just needed to be convinced.

"Discuss what Kogo-san? We are training kenjutsu, going over the finer points of it. I was not aware we were having some other matter to discuss. But if you don't want to discuss whatever it is, that is fine. It would simply be easier to teach when you mind is free of whatever is own it. Don't you agree?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Kogo's attempt to keep her own counsel fails miserably. Opposed sincerity check with Suteichi: 3d10o10k2 9

"Nothing has happened. I have merely learned that you and my mother are correct. I am a fool who wears too much of her feelings on her face and others seek to manipulate me through their knowledge. It is a truth that has always existed. I was merely unable to accept it. " She takes a deep breath.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 pm

"I have never once thought of you as a fool Kogo-san." Suteichi said standing upright.

A bit naive for a Matsu but fool?! No.

"What happened? Does it involve this Miai?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 pm

She shakes her head, dropping the shinai. "Do not be kind to me Bayushi-san. I know what I am and it is a fool. This miai will end and hopefully, I will not be left standing alone. That is my only goal at this time. To not disgrace myself further."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:26 pm

I have never seen a Matsu whine...Even that is just is depressing...

"Why do you think you will be alone?" he asked almost annoyed. The annoyance was born from pity-party she was having.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:I have never seen a Matsu whine...Even that is just is depressing...

"Why do you think you will be alone?" he asked almost annoyed. The annoyance was born from pity-party she was having.

Her eyes blaze for a moment. "Because Bayushi-san, this miai is based on how we are perceived by the Unicorn. And sadly, I have not managed to win any of the events so far. So I am concerned that when the time comes, I will be left by myself, being married to a stranger who I have never met. And pardon me if I do not feel that is ideal!" Her hand twitches on her shinai, but she will not lash out. She will not harm someone. She is not a brute, who hurts others because she is hurting.

I am not my mother.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Oh now you are just disgusting me!

"Enough. Enough!" Suteichi gestured for her to walk over to a bench where they could sit. "Kogo-san, answer me with your family name."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Her eyes blaze, but she follows his guide. " I am a Matsu. Why must I say it, Suteichi-san?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 pm

"Because you need to hear it for yourself." he responded with a soft, even-measured tone. "You are better than this and yet you are talking yourself right out of it. If I were a lesser person, I would chew you up and not even leave marrow in the bones for the dogs. You are a Matsu proud, strong, fierce. Where was that fierceness I met at the Akodo court? You here trying to teach me a martial skill while whining and pining like some spoiled Doji princess who didn't get her way."

Suteichi looked around and for the most part they were alone. He removed his mask and allowed Kogo to see his face for the first time.

"Do you that our mothers originally wanted us to meet? If we did meet as they wanted us to, we wouldn't even be here. Here we are. You let the fire in you go out Kogo-san. You don't want to be alone. Don't. Show them why you deserve to be chosen and show them why they are going to be Matsu's husband. I do not mean to sound cruel but if I have to I will. Now, which of the ones you told me about has you like this?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:14 pm

She bristles at the word Doji princess, though she manages to stay calm for the rest of his speech. It is noticeable however. When he removes his mask however, she is unable to hide a moment of surprise. I never expected....Do not Scorpion show their faces to only their lovers and family? Why is he..... She listens intently at the next few sentences. "Our mothers....wanted us to meet?" She paused. " I did not know. I did not guess." How many things have I been blind to?

She stiffens. "Moments like this are why I do not trust my fire. Last night...I was bold. I did not let fear into my heart. I went for what I desired. I tried to say and show another what it would be like to be beloved of a Matsu." She clenches her fist. "I am such an enamored fool, I even considered leaving my family for him. I was willing to be the wife of another instead of having him the husband of Matsu. And so, my fire has burned me and it will do so again. Better not to have it at all. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Suteichi put his mask back on.

"I would not let you do that to yourself. If a man is making you feel that way, do you really need oe what him?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 pm

She raise her hand as he seeks to return the mask to his face but allows him to return it. "I do not know. Until the moment when he told me another was seeking his hand and would likely choose him, I did not feel this way. I felt as if I finally understood how to balance the fire within myself for a brief moment." She shakes her head, as if clearing thoughts. "I spoke with Shinjo Monkhbaatar today, prior to this event. He had discussed the value of living without fear and we talked of fear clouding the mind and being like a small death, before the large one." She paused. "It seemed to coalesce in my head. I understood. So later, when I saw an opportunity with another who I cared for....I seized it. I thought it was going so well."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 pm

"Matters of the heart always play a cruel joke at times. Still, you shouldn't give up"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:33 pm

She slumps. "I know. But I fear...my heart is a bit bruised. I did not expect to be seen as a second choice. My lineage is proud, my strength is great. I may not know a courtier's tricks, but....to be second to a Crane. That was a blow I did not anticipate."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo