Learning the lay of the land [D4, LA, open, expecting]

Re: Learning the lay of the land [D4, LA, open, expecting]

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:54 pm

"While I cannot say for all," Kitakuhime looks to the yurts behind her before continuing, "This particular Shiotome defines riding as the fastest path to the holy land."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"While I cannot say for all," Kitakuhime looks to the yurts behind her before continuing, "This particular Shiotome defines riding as the fastest path to the holy land."

Kogo looks slightly puzzled. "I am unsure of your meaning Otaku-sama. Could you explain further?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

"It is how the Unicorn returned back to Rokugan after all these years. It is also how we serve honorably to reach Yomi after death."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"It is how the Unicorn returned back to Rokugan after all these years. It is also how we serve honorably to reach Yomi after death."

Kogo nods. "Of course." She looks over to the Kitsune. "Have you experience riding on horseback Kitsune-sama?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Takeo nodded.

"I do - I am regarded as one of the finer riders in the forest, though I expect any of the Unicorn could show me up with one eye closed," he said chuckling slightly.

"Perhaps I will get to at least attempt to impress Otaku-sama here with my riding before the miai is out," he finished, with a wry smile on his face.
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:Takeo nodded.

"I do - I am regarded as one of the finer riders in the forest, though I expect any of the Unicorn could show me up with one eye closed," he said chuckling slightly.

"Perhaps I will get to at least attempt to impress Otaku-sama here with my riding before the miai is out," he finished, with a wry smile on his face.

Kogo smiles, noting his hopes. "I suspect the Unicorn's capabilities on horseback are unsurpassable by us at this point. But it is a valuable skill to have regardless." She looks to the Otaku and says, "I have just come from learning a bit more with Shinjo Monkhbaatar. He is a very capable teacher."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:57 am

Kitakuhime raises eyebrows with tint of blush as both samurai look at her. "Eto," She replies to Takeo first, "Impress me?"

She blinks, and rapidly moves her eyes to Kogo, "From what I know, Monkhbaatar-san is an excellent rider. He might be a better archer, from the amazing display he gave us."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Kitakuhime raises eyebrows with tint of blush as both samurai look at her. "Eto," She replies to Takeo first, "Impress me?"

She blinks, and rapidly moves her eyes to Kogo, "From what I know, Monkhbaatar-san is an excellent rider. He might be a better archer, from the amazing display he gave us."

Kogo blinks. " He did mention that briefly. I was so focused on the challenge, I did not see any other challengers work." She smiles. "I hope that some of the next challenges will be similar, I enjoyed that one. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:47 pm

"It will certainly be interesting to see what the Otaku and the Moto have in store for us," Takeo said, "It was interesting to see such different perspectives from the Ide and the Shinjo. I wonder what the Iuchi will look for as well, being a Shugenja family."
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Kogo chuckles. "Hopefully a bushi who's good at guarding, otherwise I am out of luck!" She jokes.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Kitakuhime holds another chuckle. "The test surely have been rather challenging so far. Even us in the Unicorn have not been completely familiarized with the necessary skillset the judges are expecting. A fair competition, I would say."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Kitakuhime holds another chuckle. "The test surely have been rather challenging so far. Even us in the Unicorn have not been completely familiarized with the necessary skillset the judges are expecting. A fair competition, I would say."

She nods. "Fair indeed. Plus, an education for all of us. There are many skills that the Unicorn bring to the Empire. I very much enjoyed the language competition, despite my lack of proficiency. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Takeo nodded in agreement.

"It was certainly the most unexpected of the ones I have encountered so far, though I suppose it makes sense. I understand that the Ide were responsible for negotiating your way through most of lands beyond the Empire?" he asked, looking to Kitakuhime.

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 pm

"The Ide and the Otaku are much alike. Sometimes, we are also complete opposites. We share the same blood, after all." The Shiotome points out showing one hands up, then the other. "We are silent. They talk plenty. We ride into battle. They promote peace."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 am

"Not unlike the differences between the Akodo and the Matsu, I believe," Takeo replied, "And yet, at the end of the day, none would dispute that either are fierce and honorable warriors."

Kitsune Takeo

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts