(Day 4, EA) Back In The Saddle Again

Re: (Day 4, EA) Back In The Saddle Again

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Not that hope can't be dangerous in and of itself, it can blind you to the more dangerous or unpleasant things in life. But I prefer to simply acknowledge them and move on. No point in dwelling," he says.

She leans into him again. "I suspect my family might say one must fight the dangerous and unpleasant things in life, rather than moving past them and instead, conquer them." She thinks. "There is something to that, for one cannot outrun everything. But also, there is sometimes a stubborness in fighting everything. Tactics might be the way I think of it. Choosing one's battles."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 pm

"Fight the things that come for you or stand in your way," he says. "If something you've ignored comes back to bite you, fight that too. But why worry when you could be living your life."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Fight the things that come for you or stand in your way," he says. "If something you've ignored comes back to bite you, fight that too. But why worry when you could be living your life."

She ponders this for a moment. "Because sometimes living your life requires some thought and that can lead to worry. It has its definite problems, I will not lie. But I suspect many fear thinking too little and making a mistake by doing so."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 pm

"Perhaps it's simply my good fortune that leads me to not worry so much about making mistakes. If you recall the archery test yesterday... a couple of my shots were clearly aided by the wind. Sometimes lucky is as useful as skilled. Even better when you have both," he says with a chuckle.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Perhaps it's simply my good fortune that leads me to not worry so much about making mistakes. If you recall the archery test yesterday... a couple of my shots were clearly aided by the wind. Sometimes lucky is as useful as skilled. Even better when you have both," he says with a chuckle.

She laughs. "I had a few lucky shots myself, but mostly lucky because I managed to hit the target. I had never tried such a thing before, but it was interesting. I suspect it would have many uses, particularly from horseback."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 pm

"That is the combat tactic I'll be focusing on when I start training more fervently after the Miai. Keeping space between yourself and your enemy and shooting them from afar, while harassing them as they try to flee. It's a sound tactic that has worked for our clan for centuries. And quite devastating when applied in mass as well," he explains.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"That is the combat tactic I'll be focusing on when I start training more fervently after the Miai. Keeping space between yourself and your enemy and shooting them from afar, while harassing them as they try to flee. It's a sound tactic that has worked for our clan for centuries. And quite devastating when applied in mass as well," he explains.

"I could see that working well. Especially for groups like bandits or small groups on foot. It would be difficult to escape and you would have distinct advantages."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 pm

"It's quite effective. But what's even more effective is doing that for a short while, thinning out enemy numbers, instilling the thought that there is no escape, then lining up for a cavalry charge. The rumbling sound of oncoming thunder, the ground beneath their feet shaking. It's quite a thing that an enemy has to see before their end."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"It's quite effective. But what's even more effective is doing that for a short while, thinning out enemy numbers, instilling the thought that there is no escape, then lining up for a cavalry charge. The rumbling sound of oncoming thunder, the ground beneath their feet shaking. It's quite a thing that an enemy has to see before their end."

She ponders this. "The more I think of it Shinjo-san, the more I think that the Unicorn have much to offer the Empire and the Great Clans on the tactics of horse warfare. I can see the possibilities, even including the Warcats. I am sure there are wiser minds than me that will also see them."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm

"I do not look forward to war, but I imagine that the first time we participate in one people will come to truly understand just what we are capable of. It would be best if such never came to the empire, but with so many standing armies... that's a hope that is doomed."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"I do not look forward to war, but I imagine that the first time we participate in one people will come to truly understand just what we are capable of. It would be best if such never came to the empire, but with so many standing armies... that's a hope that is doomed."

She nods. " Though there is glory in war and death, it is hard to remember it when the dead lie in the fields. But war is a necessary part of our lives and so we prepare for it." Her brow furrows. "Perhaps that is why many do not believe in hope. Because to hope is to avoid death, and as samurai, we are trained to accept death as the ultimate goal and eventuality."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:01 pm

"Ah... good old death. It's not something to be sought out for me. Faced and accepted, without a doubt. But not sought. I'd rather win than die and would fight as long and hard as possible to make my enemies die for their cause rather than accepting death for mine," he replies.

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Ah... good old death. It's not something to be sought out for me. Faced and accepted, without a doubt. But not sought. I'd rather win than die and would fight as long and hard as possible to make my enemies die for their cause rather than accepting death for mine," he replies.

She pauses. "You seem to have a great deal of life inside you Shinjo-san. I suspect you will not have to worry for some time."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 pm

"Of course not. I think I'll just live forever. Why die anyway when you can just win all of your battles and never get old instead," he replies with a hearty laugh. "But no, the truth is I'd prefer to serve my clan for a long time, beside someone I care for and love. Then when we're too old to continue serving, just enjoy my later years with them. That hope... it's not doomed. Especially with how fortune tends to favor me."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:"Of course not. I think I'll just live forever. Why die anyway when you can just win all of your battles and never get old instead," he replies with a hearty laugh. "But no, the truth is I'd prefer to serve my clan for a long time, beside someone I care for and love. Then when we're too old to continue serving, just enjoy my later years with them. That hope... it's not doomed. Especially with how fortune tends to favor me."

She laughs. "Let us hope fortune favors your life partner as well. That would be quite a boon to pass on."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field