(D5 LE, Yuzuki's Tent) Are We Friends Now?

(D5 LE, Yuzuki's Tent) Are We Friends Now?

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Liu Yue wanted to distance herself from the crowds after the funeral. There was still much brewing inside her mind.

However, she did not want to resign herself to solitude. She decided to check on the woman who was, by all means, supposed to have a funeral too. The Shinjo stopped outside of the yurt and scratched at the post. "Mizuki-san? It is Shinjo Liu Yue." She paused; they had never officially met. "We fought alongside each other last night."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Re: (D5 LE, Yuzuki's Tent) Are We Friends Now?

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 pm

She was feeling a bit better; but was probably still really injured.

Why is everyone only showing up in the evening...

"It's... Yuzuki," she said, a bit weaker than she'd have liked. "Please... come in."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:42 pm

The Shinjo came inside and found the woman resting from her wounds. She was about to turn heel but then decided that would be too awkward. "How are you feeling?"

Dumbest question to ask.

"Have your wounds been tended to?" She was sure that Taira had come by but she thought of it as a smooth recovery from her inane inquiry.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

"A bit," she said, trying to sit up. "I do wish we were back home though, lots of shugenja back there."
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm

"I believe there are some shugenja present. Should I send word for one to visit you?" Yue went closer as it appeared that the Mantis was having trouble communicating from afar. She offered her hand to help Mizuki sit up if she insisted. "It may be wiser to lie down, Mizuki-san," she commented, completely contradictory to her action.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm

"It would seem a bit selfish," she said, looking where Yue's other arm ought to be.

She then managed to get herself into a seated position without assistance.

"I'm sorry," she said.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 pm

"Selfish? I cannot think of a better use of a priest's time." Yue retracted her hand and took a seat next to the Mantis. "What are you apologizing for, Mizuki-san?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 pm

"It's... Yuzuki," she corrected the Unicorn.

"And it's just... my wounds will heal, but... I mean," she looked to where the lost arm was supposed to be again.

"I'm sorry. It took your arm, and the life of your friend."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Have I been calling her Mizuki this whole time? Oh for the...

Wait. Is she...

"Yuzuki-san," she started, making sure to get her name right. "I lost my arm years ago."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Oh...

"Oh..."

She looked away for a moment, then back.

"...uh. Sorry. I just... everything just happened so quickly last night, and it was dark. I didn't see it right, I guess."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 pm

"I was riding Hikazume," she added in as another excuse. "There is no need to apologize."

She gestured to the burned side of her face. "The beast did not cause this wound either. It does not breathe fire."

The Shinjo let out a soft sigh. "It could have eaten more than an arm, Yuzuki-san. I was nearly consumed by the creature." She looked over the Mantis' wounds briefly. "I mean no offense but I am surprised that you survived." She looked down at her missing arm, imagined her own marred face, and smirked. "I do not think I could survive such a blow."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:29 pm

She nodded when explanation was given as to the wounds of the woman. I had been something of a screw-up on Yuzuki's part, but it was a relief to know she didn't seem to be offended by it.

"Mantis are known to be tough," she said when talk came of her own survival. "We come from the Crab, after all. But Soshi-san said I was lucky. Some... some of Otaku-sama's armor apparently got in the way of the blow to an extent. Wouldn't be here if not for that."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Liu Yue cupped her chin. "Sou desu ka. Otaku-nikutai continued to protect us past her sacrifice."

She looked away before her next inquiry. She tried to keep it as casual as possible. "How was Soshi-san? It was a difficult battle."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yuzuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 am

Not having the slightest clue as to what had transpired between the two, Yuzuki simply thought it the casual inquiry that Liu Yue had hoped to mimick.

"Helpful. He's no shugenja, but he knows how to make sure people don't die. And he didn't make me drink any vile liquids, so that's good too."
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

"I believe he was worried about well-being when we left the battlefield. Did he appear to be bothered or did he retain his On?" Yue turned away briefly and scolded herself internally. Now I'm starting to sound too interested in his well-being.

Wait, is it even a secret? Ugh...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Next

Return to Western Yurts