(D3, LA) What A Fine Day

Re: (D3, LA) What A Fine Day

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 am

Misa's lips kept their same light mirth, which was mirrored now in her tone. "I will keep that in mind. If you see any, please let me know Shinjo-san. I would be very appreciative." She gave a small bow.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:18 pm

"I will be sure to do so, Tonbo-sama." he replied with a slightly conspirational tone. "And if there was anything else you needed, please be sure to let me know. I have the Shinjo name to uphold, after all."

He paused for a moment. "I must confess though, I myself am having some issues finding a partner. Would there be anyone that you would recommend for one such as I?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Misa tapped her chin, looking thoughtful. "Mmm... a good match for you? I fear I haven't spoken to many women from the other clans, but if you want a lovely, honorable, thoughtful woman, I would try a Phoenix. I've heard there's supposed to be an elegant Asako here at the miai."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 am

"Hrmm. Someone accustomed to Rokugani court and society would be invaluable. I met a Phoenix woman on the first day here. Asako... Sayuri? I haven't seen her since though, maybe she's left?"

He got his thoughts together a little, preparing to explain to her the package deal that was Shinjo Taichi and see how she reacted. "I'm not sure whether I will be able to stay with my Clan or not as I lack a position such as the one you hold. And yet I would like to play a part in their acceptance back into society. Even were I to join another clan, this is still something I'd like to work on, so hopefully any spouse I end up with would understand that. It would likely involve travel, so they would have to either be willing to travel with me, or accepting that I would not always be there. Someone..." don't say durable "...with a strong, resilient spirit would be welcome. A strong heart is something that will always be cherished."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 am

Misa's head was tilted a bit in listening curiosity as Taichi gave his sales pitch, so to speak. At the end she gave a few thoughtful nods. "A noble purpose indeed. Someone that can travel a lot, or accept that you would be, hm? The later would certainly be a lot easier, as every Rokugani woman would understand, or should, if that was your duty. Finding one whose duty could take them with you would be harder certainly... though I'm certain there are a few here that would have duties that could allow as such. Is Shinjo-san at all trained in the courts then?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

"Ah... not as such. While I have briefly performed some minor tasks if required, it is not something that I am particularly skilled in or trained for. My training has been as a... guard." He hesitated a moment, reluctant to use the word guard due to its implication of skill in iaijutsu. "A partner who possesses such skills would be a boon, most definitely."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Misa tilted her head curiously. "Does Shinjo-san mean as a guard, courtier, or traveler... or all three?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm

oops. Taichi's attempt at fancy phrasing had apparently missed the mark. There was a little disappointment in his voice.
"The skills of a courtier would be the ones i was referring to, although some knowledge of travel and geography would be of assistance were they to travel with me. this land is still new to me after all."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

Misa smiled all the same, not seeming to hold any grudges. "That makes sense. I'm not certain I've met any courtier here yet though... I can certainly keep an eye out if you wish though."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

"For their profession to be that of a courtier is not important, it's more about the ability to exist in that setting. I would not want to cause offence as I travel, and anyone able to aid me with this would be welcome. Still, I will accept any help that you are willing to offer."

"Is there anything you would wish in exchange, Tonbo-sama? I am only too willing to aid you."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 pm

Misa gave a silent laugh into a sleeve and smiled. "That is very kind of you Shinjo-san, indeed, arigato. There is little I need though, I am a simple woman. If I can truly ask for anything, it is for you to find love."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 am

She has fallen for me, poor thing.
He'd always known that women would fall for him, but had little experience with it as yet. He found himself a little unsure how to proceed. What he did know though was that she probably needed a little time to prepare herself before she confessed her love to him directly. So he decided to do the honourable thing and give her the time to do so.
"I'm sure we can come to some mutually beneficial arrangement, Tonbo-sama. Everyone deserves to be happy. Perhaps we should meet again at a later date and compare notes?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:19 am

Her head tilted again a moment, but finally she smiled and gave a small nod. "If that's your wish, I would be honored to do so. Perhaps we can both learn something from such a meeting."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:32 pm

He bowed deeply, wearing his most winning smile. "Then I shall wait upon your convenience, Tonbo-sama."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:48 pm

"And I yours Shinjo-san." She smiled softly. "Please, carry the Fortunes with you."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village