To end a painful evening (D5 LE Closed - Amaya's)

Re: To end a painful evening (D5 LE Closed - Amaya's)

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:22 pm

She is about to curl up against him, when something catches her attention. Lightly, as if fearful of causing some kind of damage, she touches the collar of the robe he wears, "this is different."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm

"My robe?" Hideo asks, as if checking "it is different. It's my official robes for when i perform my duties as a priest of the Imperial Families. It felt more appropriate, and would allow me to offer my assistance if...any of your kin wished it."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:28 pm

"That's thoughtful of you, thank you. Would you tell me more about these duties you undertake?"
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm

"Of course" Hideo said with a smile, giving Amaya another quick kiss before pouring the sake again "for myself, my duties are mixed between the duties of a priest, and the duties of a scholar. You know of the duties of a scholar I imagine, but perhaps not priests as much? We serve to give blessings, both for live and for death. Purifications when cleansing is required. Calling upon the elements to assist. Many important duties, even if they can be described so simply."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

She smiles, he has her rapt attention. "I think it might be more the reverse. The Iuchi provide such care for the Unicorn as priests, but we seem rather lacking in Scholars."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

"Ah, the duties of a scholar?" Hideo nodded "the duties of the scholar is simple really; we study, we research. Many scholars pick a single subject and dedicate themselves to the study of that subject, learning everything about it. Creating theories about the subject in order to advance what we know about the subject. A scholar focusing on nature for example might try to learn about certain trees, or even attempt to discover previously unheard of plants. A scholar focusing on animals for example might find new animals, or perhaps bring forward a study about the animals behaviour."

He paused, then frowned.

"This must not sound the most exciting subject, please accept my apologies."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm

She shakes her head, and it seems that some modicum of her spirit has returned. "I cannot accept this apology, for I asked the question, and I do, in fact find it interesting. How long were you studying the Ki-rin before you arrived here?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:04 pm

I haven't focused upon the Ki-Rin, but since I had been told about my attendance here, I spent a solid month learning about your past, and about horses" Hideo took a small sip of sake "your history before you left is interesting, but compared to the history that you and your kin will have after you leaving it was...small. You left so soon after the founding of our Empire after all."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 pm

She nods thoughtfully, satisfied that she'd remembered his telling about about studying the Clan, and it allowed her to segue into her next question. "What did you study before that?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm

"I had spent time studying a vast number of subjects; I've ensured my focus is widely split among many subjects. If I had to pick a subject that I found most interesting, it would be the study into nature. While animals seem to not be so fond of me, I find them quite interesting" Hideo looked over in the direction of the ferret before looking back at Amaya "and even if I may be somewhat nervous after what happened yesterday, I am happy that you have a new friend and pet."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 pm

"It pains me to think that the rest of his pack may be dead now. Drowned by the rain, or sliced apart by an over-zealous bushi. But perhaps this is something I can help you with. Animals seem to trust me, and I always seem to know how they're feeling."

She touches one of the healing scratches on his cheek, "Satsujin is teaching me as well, and I'm am learning to handle him. You have nothing to fear from our little pet. I promise you that."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Hideo brings his hand up to catch her hand, and he brought it to his lips to kiss it gently, his eyes on hers. "I'm glad to hear our little friend will be helping you. I'm sure he'll be a comforting companion always. He's much cuter than me though" he said the last part with a teasing smile "so I'll have to find other ways to ensure you will keep me around."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 pm

"You are the most handsome man I have had the blessing of laying eyes on," she says earnestly and - remembering running her fingers over his exposed skin the night before, even for such respectable purpose - she blushes. "And I have dined with Suteichi," she teases.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:39 pm

There was a raised brow. "Suteichi? Should I know who that is? Attempting to make me jealous now?" Hideo grinned more, and put his cup down before moving to the woman and claiming her lips in a deep kiss before she could answer that.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:42 pm

She moans softly, it's all she can do, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts