Far Afield (D3, EM)

Re: Far Afield (D3, EM)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 pm

He smiled, "Me? Well... I'm looking for a woman whose got a brain. Someone who can handle her own affairs and the affairs of the house effectively. But isn't too infatuated with herself or her self image. Someone who can tolerate my eccentricities to some degree... Someone who is pretty is an obvious bonus. But probably someone who is fine, at least for the first few years, with me being away for stretches of time. Someone I can know will take care of the family affairs, while I am away. Someone I can trust, and can give my trust to."

He chuckled, "I'm a bit of an oddball at times within my family because I often say exactly what I am thinking. I want someone I can be open with, and feels they can be open with me. All the other stuff fits in if there's that... That's what I've learned from my parents who are completely different people... but genuinely trust each other."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm

"Ah..."

Her own parents were largely stoic people, but they did seem to trust one another...

"Well, I have no idea how I would be at running a family, Soshi-sama. But I should hope you at least trust yourself to be open around me. Then again, I might need to work on being more open myself, in that case..."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 pm

He smiled and chuckled, "Trust isn't built overnight Iuchi-san. I think you'd be alright at running a family. Your skill at mathematics and your sharp wit are more than a good start."

His smile was warm and inviting then turned to be a bit more mischevious, "But I've only just met you... perhaps your intelligence is all just a front to trap me into liking you?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 pm

"Hmph.. well children aren't finances, and I thought most men didn't like intelligent women. Or am I mistaken on both fronts?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 pm

He chuckled, "Children... are in large part a financial burden that takes a woman who knows how to make the koku expand for everyone's needs. And men who like quiet and dumb women? Sure... there's plenty of those around... but I don't happen to be one of them. I happen to think I need someone to keep my silliness in check from time to time. I've never had much of a partner in anything I've done... but it is something that I find desirable. The smarter the partner, the better."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 pm

"Well I'm not too sure how well intelligence would keep silliness in check, especially if the intelligent person is somewhat silly themselves. I mean, the only solution I can think of is someone chasing you around with a wok and giving you a big lump on the head before dragging you home."

A pause, "...perhaps that is Moto customs rubbing off on me though."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 pm

He chuckled, "There are probably times where I could use that... but someone who can be silly with me... that's awfully appealing too. Life is meant to be enjoyed. To have someone to share in that enjoyment is also something I want."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:37 am

"My grandmother used to say there was no greater spiritual enlightenment to be found than doing one's duty and keeping one's place in the Celestial Order while still being able to enjoy oneself. So I think you have a very enlightened view there."

She was part teasing, but her tone and smile were warm.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 am

He chuckled, "There are many ways to the top of the mountain... or so the monks say. I just like taking the most entertaining one."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Yukarin nodded, "Well, everything in a bit of moderation of course. Or at least most things; Being moderate needs some moderation too."

She decided it best to leave out what she was immoderate about though~
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 pm

He chuckled at the woman's comment.

I like this one...

"Any thing that you forget to be moderate about regularly?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 pm

"Errrr, well..."

The honourable Ide in her wanted to be honest. Doubly so if she might end up betrothed to this man. The more personal side was slightly embarrassed to say. Honesty won out.

"I tend to be a little less than moderate about good food; I could eat a steak the size of my head if it's well cooked, for instance. I also have a instinctual draw towards games of chance or mathematical puzzles."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 pm

He smiled, "I don't think I would have guessed that first one. Your figure would suggest that you work it off quite well."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Yukarin blushed a little, "My mother always said I could eat and drink all day and I wouldn't put on an ounce of weight. I was... somewhat obsessed with trying to be like my big sister when I was growing up, thought drinking lot of milk would help... She is very big and bouncy. Up front and top, that is."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Yuuru's eyes opened up a bit in surprise as his face reddened just a hint. "Is that so?"

He smiled for a moment as he thought of what to reply, "I don't think... you need to worry about that Iuchi-san... from my point of view..."

He stopped himself, "I think I should probably stop there. But uhhh, yeah... No worries there."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields