Daily History Lessons IV (Day 4, Early Morning)

Re: Daily History Lessons IV (Day 4, Early Morning)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"I am well. And you, Hideo-dono?"

She followed his look to Tomoe. "The Emerald Champion is a prestigious position. I am interested in hearing more about the tournament itself."

Hideo raised a brow at his first name being so openly used, but didn't call her on it. Not yet anyway.

"I am very well thank you; a very good story to start the morning and wonderful company as well" he nodded to the woman with a polite smile "the test of the Emerald Championship is a difficult one. The candidates are tested on every aspect of being a samurai and a man of the law; Etiquette, Investigation, Law, Martial ability, Resources. They are also tested on ability to lead, to see if they can adapt quickly to an every-changing scenario. Once the candidates have been tested, those who are still considered to be worthy are entered into an Iaijutsu competition. The heavens then decide who is to the next champion, the honour being bestowed upon the victor by the Emperor himself."

Yue cupped her chin as she thought on the matter. "The Emerald Champion must be an impressive samurai," she remarked. "Iaijutsu is the last test because of Kakita?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm

"Only the greatest samurai in the empire is worthy of being responsible of the protection of the Emperor himself" Hideo commented with a nod "Iaijutsu is the chosen art for many things, including this. The Emerald Champion is considered to be the yojimbo of the Emperor, none but the best should represent him."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Yue thought on the usage of yojimbo for a moment. "Does anyone ever challenge the Emperor to an iaijutsu duel?" she asked. Her tone revealed that she was skeptical and yet curious.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:43 pm

"Why would anyone challenge the Emperor?" Hideo asked, curious to the question
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm

"I do not know. I thought that would be," Yue trailed off. She was unsure of how to put it. "Wrong." She scratched the back of her head. "I thought the purpose of a yojimbo was to represent someone in a duel."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

"Ah, I see the confusion. My apologies" Hideo bowed in apology "A yojimbo is a protector, whose role is to keep the one they are assigned to alive. Many courtiers have yojimbo to protect themselves, not just in duels but in any situation where they may be at risk. The Emerald Champion is tasked to protect the Emperor from any threats. I hope that clarifies this a little more."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:26 pm

The Shinjo shook her head. "The apology is not necessary, HIdeo-dono." Still, she gave a deep bow in return. "Sou desu ka. I understand now. Arigatou gozaimasu."

She then thought more on the matter of the Emerald Championship. "Does an Imperial ever become Emerald Champion?" she asked. She was not sure if that was considered bizarre.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Ichiro Daisuke wrote:With The majority of the lesson done Daisuke looked up from his work and glanced around the group before addressing Tomoe. "Out of curiosity Usagi-san."

"Do you know why they used to host the Emerald Championship here?" It seemed a rather out of a way place for it, well at least to the Badger. Also no one else seemed to be interested in asking questions. They were supposed to ask questions right?'

"Hm... I am not aware of any particular reasons why they chose to hold it here," the Hare admitted. "Not that I have read or heard of, at least. Perhaps the first Son of Heaven simply had a liking to it?"
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 pm

That seemed as likely as any reason the Badger could think of, so Daisuke nodded. Though now he was a bit curious about why they had moved it...

But after a moment of contemplating he decided not to ask. The answer would probably be something like 'Because it's in the middle of nowhere silly.' anyways.

"I see." He murmured at last. "Do you think it may be held here again with the Unicorn's return?"

"If you don't mind speculating about it."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm

"Hmmm... perhaps. It could be a historical event to return to the place of the first Emerald Championship, but it would probably be a while until the next tournament, as it isn't that long since Kakita Seiko-sama assumed the mantle of that office," the Usagi said in a friendly tone.

"There is of course nothing wrong in speculating about where future tournaments might take place."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The Shinjo shook her head. "The apology is not necessary, HIdeo-dono." Still, she gave a deep bow in return. "Sou desu ka. I understand now. Arigatou gozaimasu."

She then thought more on the matter of the Emerald Championship. "Does an Imperial ever become Emerald Champion?" she asked. She was not sure if that was considered bizarre.

"An Imperial could become the Emerald champion" Hideo nodded "if one was to win the tournament. Any who are worthy can be invited to enter the competition, it is not based on being from a specific clan. Even one from the Unicorn, should the position become vacant, could become the Emerald Champion if they proved themselves skilled enough."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"An Imperial could become the Emerald champion" Hideo nodded "if one was to win the tournament. Any who are worthy can be invited to enter the competition, it is not based on being from a specific clan. Even one from the Unicorn, should the position become vacant, could become the Emerald Champion if they proved themselves skilled enough."

"Sou desu ka." Liu Yue smiled faintly at the idea. "It would be a grand return for my Clan to secure the position of Emerald Champion. We will see if that happens," she stated with a smile

The Shinjo woman then thought to change the subject. "How has the miai treated you, Hideo-dono?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Hmmm... perhaps. It could be a historical event to return to the place of the first Emerald Championship, but it would probably be a while until the next tournament, as it isn't that long since Kakita Seiko-sama assumed the mantle of that office," the Usagi said in a friendly tone.

"There is of course nothing wrong in speculating about where future tournaments might take place."

Would it be that long? Emerald Champions had seemed to pass fairly regularly, at least of late. Still he she should believe in Kakita Seiko. "That's true, it will likely be the time of my children when we see another."

As her further words he nodded. Though he couldn't seem to think of any furtehr questions for the Hare.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Sou desu ka." Liu Yue smiled faintly at the idea. "It would be a grand return for my Clan to secure the position of Emerald Champion. We will see if that happens," she stated with a smile

The Shinjo woman then thought to change the subject. "How has the miai treated you, Hideo-dono?"

"This miai has been very enjoyable. You and your kin have been a delight to converse with, and very warm and welcoming. I have felt truly honoured to be sent here to marry, and look forward to either welcoming one of your kin into the Imperial Families, or joining your clan. I hope your time here has been enjoyable also, and the samurai of the Empire have been as friendly as you have towards us."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"This miai has been very enjoyable. You and your kin have been a delight to converse with, and very warm and welcoming. I have felt truly honoured to be sent here to marry, and look forward to either welcoming one of your kin into the Imperial Families, or joining your clan. I hope your time here has been enjoyable also, and the samurai of the Empire have been as friendly as you have towards us."

"I have had immense pleasure in meeting the guests here, Hideo-dono," she replied with a bright smile. "There is an infinite expanse for me to venture. There may be six other Major Clans but there is much history to each one." She then blinked and let out a small chuckle. "And I need to learn more about the Imperial Families."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts