A Defensible Position (D4 EA)

Re: A Defensible Position (D4 EA)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 am

Well, if sake was being downed, but the conversation wasn't over, that meant more sake. Tomonaga hoped that was the same for Unicorn as it was for Crab. All the same, he filled up her cup again, this time more generously.

His eyebrows went up. "That was the translation right? Not a personal comment?" But he chuckled, amused. "But that's not quite even, yet. Who'd you say it to?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 am

Fei raised the cup to about drinking height and let it sit, swirling the liquid along the perimeter once before letting it settle. Glancing to him once, shaking her head and then saying it, "Everyone."

With that, she just downed the whole cup once again.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 am

"Oh. Oooh." Tomonaga smiled. "Okay, that's good. We'll call it even, then. At least until the next time I decide to tell you something embarrassing from my past. Probably in a few minutes, the way I've been going."

His eyes widened ever so slightly as she downed yet another cup of sake. "You drink like a Crab, Liu Fei-san. Uh, that's a compliment." He filled her cup again, giving the bottle a little shake afterwards. Maybe a cup left, maybe less.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 am

Fei raised her cup, accepting it, "Coming from a Crab I thought so Tomonaga-san," she teased.

"I am glad we managed back to being even. I do prefer to keep my good drinking partners on the same level," she said like she had many other drinking partners. She didn't.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 am

Tomonaga chuckled. "Good point. I guess I'm used to dealing with clans that wouldn't think so. But Unicorn are all right."

This time, it is his turn to lie back on the ground, folding his hands behind his head. He looked up at her, his expression a strange mix of amused and entirely earnest. "Well, that's the thing about good drinking partners. They're always on the level, even when they're not. That's what sharing sake with someone is really all about, because everyone can sit down and enjoy good sake."

He smiled. "So, yeah, we were always even. I am glad you told me that story though. That's the other part of drinking sake. Telling stories, especially embarrassing ones."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:52 pm

"I will have to find myself some more embarrassing stories to share for next time," she said jokingly but little did she know she'd get one just later today.

"Well this is our first time drinking, sharing stories. I still think it is good to have that even match to match at the start. Next time, next time we can start not caring how even we are," she said with a smirk.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 pm

"Hey, look on the bright side. It's a miai. I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to embarrass ourselves." Tomonaga said with a chuckle.

He sat up, shaking his head. He give Liu Fei an nod, have amused, half approving. "Yeah, ok. I like that. Start off on even footing, and it doesn't really matter where we end up. That's good thinking."

He gave her a smirk of his own. "So, next time, you wanna bring the drink? I think I'm developing a taste for kumis."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Joining in his chuckle with a laugh, she nodded and agreed, "Plenty more time left to this miai."

"I will try, after those dinners I wonder what our stock is looking like, I would need to find someone willing to share," she admitted with a light chuckle. "But if I can get my hands on some Kumis we will share it."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 pm

"Ah, I know that problem." Tomonaga said with a chuckle. "Getting Crab to give up their sake isn't an easy thing." Realizing how ridiculous that sounded under the circumstances, he added: "It's different with me, of course. I mean, that's what I do."

Picking up the sake bottle, he divided the little bit left between their two cups. One more time, he lifted his cup to Liu Fei. "You're all right, Liu Fei-san." He said, his tone admiring. "If there's anything you think I could help you with, let me know. I'd be happy to do so." With that, he tossed down the contents of his cup.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am

On the first note she chuckled, on the second she gave a firm nod of understanding. "Well, thank you Tomonaga-san. I will be sure to do so when i have the need. Of course, you can always ask me if you need help as well. Not that I imagine there is much that a Shinjo trained Bushi could do to aid a Yasuki sake merchant but you are a good sort and I would not mind lending the hand."

With that, she joined him, finishing the last of her cup.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 am

"Well, you never know." Tomonaga said. "I hope not to need a champion, although I bet that those are needed from time to time, at a miai. And I'd ask Hiroji-san first, anyway. But anyway, it's nice to have a friend that I can count on among the Unicorn." He spoke with confidence, sure that he could, in fact, count on her.

Watching her drink the last of the sake, he smiled. "Well, that's it. Another bottle down. You know what that means by Crab rules, right?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 pm

"Party is over," she repeated it from before. Holding out her now drained cup to Tomonaga in order to return it. Knowing he didn't need her to, or probably didn't care if she did, she still aimed to thank him anyway, "Thank you, Tomonaga-san for sharing your drink."

Now it was just waiting till the next occasion.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm

"That's right." Tomonaga grinned. "And no problem. Sake is meant for sharing, after all."

He rose sturdily to his feet, seemingly less pained than when he'd arrived. "You're bringing the drink next time, right? Kumis for both of us?" He smiled. "Although... let me know if you need help finding some. I wouldn't be a Yasuki if I couldn't find someone willing to trade it away."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 pm

"Yes, next time I will bring the drink," she said, already trying to think of places she could just get some Kumis as a favor. When he offered his help she could only smile and shake her head before she assured him, "If I need it, I will ask."

Liu Fei rose and patted off her clothing.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Tomonaga, too, brushed himself off, although it seemed like he hardly needed to. Despite lying on his back, his fine kimono looked impeccable. His hair no longer looked freshly combed, but the bit of disarray it was seemed to just highlight his handsome features. It really wasn't fair.

"Okay then, Liu Fei-san." Tomonaga said with a casual bow. "Take care of yourself, eh? And good luck with the miai. Oh." He looked at her thoughtfully. "How is the miai going, anyway? Any luck, I mean?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields