Far Afield (D3, EM)

Re: Far Afield (D3, EM)

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:44 am

A small frown crossed her features, "I know how to ride a horse still, of course. But I dislike doing so; Horses are big temperamental creatures, and it always feels like I'm one wrong tick away from being thrown. I prefer animals that are either small and floofy, or the ones at the end of some chopsticks."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:46 am

He chuckled, "Like that kitten from last night? I'd hope she didn't end up on chopsticks at some point, but I don't really know what meats are okay and not fully yet."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:52 am

"That depends on who you ask. I would never eat a cat myself, and most Idde and Iuchi I grew up around wouldn't even think about it either. But many Moto are more... liberal in such matters. I know of Moto samurai eating snake, roasted insects, and cat at various times. Me? I stick to birds and things with hooves~"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:53 am

He chuckled, "I can't say I'm all that surprise from the ones I've met. They seem to be decent people... if not quite a bit rough around the edges."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 am

"Oh, I wasn't meaning to imply I thought ill of Moto," Yukarin corrected hastily, "Just that perhaps I was raised with enough long held Rokugani traditions to not fully understand their more traditional thought processes a lot of the time."

She gives a tiny smile, "But I suppose I don't need to worry about that though since there's no way I'm marrying a Moto."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:59 am

He smiled, "I hope that makes two of us."

He leaned back on his hands and looked out across the plains, "So... if you were to have your way, what would you want in a husband?"

He smiled and looked over, "That seems like the type of question one would ask at a miai right?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:33 am

"Hai, I would suppose so."

She turned away from him a bit, into the breeze, "What I would want... Mmm... A man who is intelligent, interesting, fu, and handsome I suppose. Hopefully someone at least somewhat open-minded, honourable, and sensible as well. Being brave and good with money would also be big plusses."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:39 am

He chuckled, "I've got a few of those things down. Not so much on others."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

"Hai," Yukarin nodded a little, "I wouldn't call you handsome per say, for instance; More charmingly cute, if that makes any sense. Most of the rest I'd say I can't be sure of yet."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:03 pm

He chuckled, "I'll take cute for now. Better than some of the other options."

Calls 'em like she sees 'em... I can like that.

He then smiled, "I just wish there was a way to help prove some of those things in the next few days."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

She held up a finger, "Charmingly cute; Not just cute. Less like a pony and more like a panda... if that makes any sense to you..."

Did it even make sense to herself? She knew what she meant at least.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:22 pm

He chuckled, "A panda? I guess I need to workout a bit more."

He winked once as he patted his tight stomach to show he was kidding, "I'm brave for my part though, and not bad with money. Definitely 'sensible and open-minded'.."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 am

"I wasn't trying to be literal..." she said with a small pout.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am

He smiled, "Perhaps I should hold back on my teasing a bit then."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Yukarin waved the comment aside, "I'm more frustrated with myself than with you, Soshi-sama; I just can't put what I wanted to say into words."

She sighed before looking up with a soft smile, "Maybe I should simply say you are easy on the eyes and leave it at that. But what about you, Soshi-sama? I answered the question the best I could, but what are YOU looking for in a partner?"
Iuchi Yukarin

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields