[D3 LM] Clearing my Head

Re: [D3 LM] Clearing my Head

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:05 pm

She smiles when the Phoenix mention's his son. "I know it's not the same, but when you've ridden with the same people for several weeks, no matter how much you like them, you do so wish they would go away for a while."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Thinking of his own journey here with his kin, the Phoenix chuckled again. "I can imagine how that would be. When you are faced with difficulties that can not be changed or avoided, it is only natural that you grow irritated with things associated with those difficulties. Even if those things are people. It can lead to a bond later, when the challenge has been met and the things that were so vexing before have eased enough to be nothing more than amusing stories to other people; only those you shared the time with will remember and appreciate the truth behind it."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm

She spends several moments quietly enjoying the morning sun. "You are quite learned, Asako-San, did you enjoy the language challenge my family presented?"
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:44 pm

"I am Asako trained." He said it as if that was explanation enough, which it would be...for anyone who'd been here long, at least. "And, hai, I did, though the ciphering was not my greatest skill. It is something that my wife handled for the household and which I'm still struggling with since her passage." Ruefully, he rubbed the back of his neck. "I am starting to realize that if I marry a lady warrior of your Clan, I may have that responsibility. I'm going to have to find a tutor."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 pm

"I have little doubt you shall manage. Besides, you are about to marry a woman who has had no household before now, I don't think your wife will notice some small mistakes."

Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm

"True enough." That idea cheered him and he smiled again. "I could always stand to learn a new skill, regardless. It is my belief that one should only stop learning when one is on their deathbed. Knowledge is a flame that is shared by never diminished, a gift that elevates Mankind over many other beings in this world." It was clearly a passion, with Hirase's eyes lighting as he spoke. "I always have things that I want to learn. Here, with your Clan, I am constantly being introduced to teasing glimpses of whole new breadths of knowledge. I would need a dozen lifetimes to even scrape the surface."

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm

"If the Fortunes are kind, you may get your wish."

Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:18 pm

"Yes, well, one can hope." He was a realist and shrugged, though a small smile hid in the corners of his mouth. "One of your distant kin is planning to have me abducted, so there is that." Curiously, he asked, "Do the Ide follow that practice? I know the Moto started it, but everyone seems to at least know enough of it to make a joke of the matter."

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 pm

She chuckled softly. "The Ide and Moto are very close. In fact, my mother was of their family. The Moto have never practiced that particular custom quite as much as they like to pretend. It is more akin to the Moto idea of high romance, mentioned a lot in tales and ballads, but rarely the day-to-day truth."

"Unless you'd like your future wife to kidnap you? Because I'm sure I can arrange for a staged version at least."

Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:37 pm

For several long moment, the man considered the question, brows furrowed.

"I think I would like to tell the story of it after it happened. And it would be flattering, in a fashion. It is, as you say, romantic in a fashion. Romance is not generally something that males are on the receiving side of, at least in my experience. Or at least, not such public romance."

Then, suddenly, he grinned.

"And besides, it might be fun. And certainly it would be the only time I would ever come close to riding an Otaku's mount."

Asako Hirase

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 pm

She laughed more fully now, though it was still soft. The sound was musical. "I will remember this. It will come up on you most unexpectedly," her tone was warm, almost playful."

"I would like to Thank you for the time you've taken to talk to me this day. It has brightened an otherwise unremarkable morning."

Ide Amaya

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:46 pm

His smile remained, though it softened.

"I am glad to have had this talk. I have enjoyed the company of your warriors very much, but it is also a joy to speak to one with whom one has common ground."

Rising, he bowed politely to her.

"But, the archers shall arrive soon and it would not do to interfere. May the Fortunes smile on you, Ide-san."

Then, after replacing the bow he'd taken to examine among the rest, he headed off back toward the yurts.

/exit

Asako Hirase

Previous

Return to Archery Field