A Damsel In The Streets (D3, EN)

Re: A Damsel In The Streets (D3, EN)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Gekko glances back.

"So. Tell me about the miai so far. Anyone caught your eye?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Taira stumbled, and was totally going to blame a rock.

A little pink he struggled for an answer, glad that he was a step behind, so she didn't have an immediate view of his discomfort.

"I... there are a few samurai-ko I've met who I think would make for... agreeable and very respectable matches. Women I believe I could trust and respect." Please don't ask for naaaaames.

"And you?"

He wondered if that deflection would fly.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 am

"I see a lot of potential. It still has to be proven."

She seems oblivious of his deceptive maneuver.

"I am honored for the compliments you provide us. Have you met maidens from all the Unicorn families?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 am

Taira tried to remember if he'd met them all before this thread.

"... At least in passing, yes. I must say I've spent more time speaking with the Otaku, Shinjo, and Moto, but I did speak with an Iuchi at the opening feast."

Glad that she didn't seem to be pressing the issue, he took the incredibly foolish move of asking, "Any individuals in particular who have impressed you?"
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:02 am

"Impressed?"

It takes so long for her to answer that, they almost reach the edge of the village.

"U-un. None so far." She replies with all the sincerity her honor carries.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 am

Taira wrinkled his nose, somewhat concerned that he had asked the wrong question. When she finally answered, he inquired, "I hope I haven't given offense, Otaku-sama. One only hoped that some of those who had come interested you."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

She turns around to face him, not entirely understanding why he would concern himself with that. "There's no offense Soshi-san. None at all. If by impressed you mean respected, I would say all I've met are worthy of it."

The girl shrugs a bit, "Yet, if by impressed you mean admired. I haven't met a bachelor that has done it... yet."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:20 am

"Ah."

He seemed to flush a bit under direct examination.

"I suppose I was simply curious what sort of man might interest a Unicorn lady, especially one of class and good taste. After all, I've never met an Otaku heiress before."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:41 am

"Class and good taste?" The left corner of her lips curls up a bit. "I have never imagined myself as such."

I sleep in a yurt. There's always some horse fur in my clothes. I wear stinky riding boots. Not a Moto, but far from classy.

"There's only one man I truly adore."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 am

A momentary pause, and then Taira glanced at Gekko.

Even he didn't dare voice the question.

After a momentary pause, he said, softly, "I spend most of my days in dark alleys, helping drunken children with important parents get home safely, fighting with very wicked people, and trying in some small way to bring some decency and goodness into streets that are dark with violence and crime. In my eyes, you are someone I would not normally even have the opportunity to speak to... so yes, I would say you have class and taste, even if it is your own."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:56 am

She raises an eyebrow, not completely understanding why Taira would glance at Gekko.

Did he think it was Gekko I was mentioning? Silly.

There's a sudden urge to laugh, but it wouldn't be polite and could offend him. She holds feeling, but not the grin. "So you're a yojimbo. That's very honorable."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 am

Taira shook his head. "A yoriki, Otaku-sama."

At least it seemed she didn't admire the horse. That was one rumor he could file under 'false', with a grateful spirit.

Looking over the village, he added, simply, "I am a doctor, but one who serves with the Soshi Magistrates on the river of gold. It is a place which knows a fair bit of crime, as so much trade travels along it."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:43 am

"Crime." Kitakuhime taps a finger over her chin. "It has been long since the last time I heard that word. A noble cause as well, Soshi-san. That's an evil a Clan must never allow to grow roots."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Soshi Taira on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 am

"Hai, and everywhere it grows, we pull it up, as a gardener does the weeds."

Taira clasped his hands behind his back, resting them there, and added, "I hope the Unicorn need not concern themselves with it, but it does seem to start popping up wherever people settle down."

Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 am

"I hope your skills can be used to prevent that sort of evil once your name belongs to the Unicorn Clan." She mentions, glancing sideways to check his response.

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village