Here Comes the Rain Again (D4 EE, Matsu Kogo's yurt)

Re: Here Comes the Rain Again (D4 EE, Matsu Kogo's yurt)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:"Pleasant. Yeah." He nodded agreement. "That's how I'd describe it, too. The Unicorn have been impressing me as hosts."

He sighed thoughtfully as she continued. "Now there's an interesting question. I could only guess..." He declined to, instead focusing on a different part of what she said. "But yeah, interesting and unique. I've seen a great deal of variation, between the different families, and even within the families."

He took a thoughtful sip of his sake. "It took me a while, but I think that, as a whole, I might say that they tend to be... genuine? If that's the right word. They can be polite, certainly, but they tend to say what they mean." He shrugged, not quite certain.

She nods along with his last statement. "Their sincerity, I believe, cannot be doubted. They seem to be a people devoted to honesty and sincerity in their dealings, which I admire. It has caused occasional moments of conflict, I suspect, but I find it refreshing."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Tomonaga gave Kogo a look, appraising, but also pleased. "I'm glad you think so, Matsu-san. I feel the same way. I prefer honesty myself as well, and it's nice to have a Clan that seems so dedicated to it. Not that others aren't honest, of course." He said, inclining his head in a tiny bow.

"So... to return to something you said earlier... do you have any thoughts on what'll happen next? Now that the Unicorn have returned, I mean. They've certainly shaken things up quite a bit." Like kumis, Tomonaga thought irrelevantly.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga gave Kogo a look, appraising, but also pleased. "I'm glad you think so, Matsu-san. I feel the same way. I prefer honesty myself as well, and it's nice to have a Clan that seems so dedicated to it. Not that others aren't honest, of course." He said, inclining his head in a tiny bow.

"So... to return to something you said earlier... do you have any thoughts on what'll happen next? Now that the Unicorn have returned, I mean. They've certainly shaken things up quite a bit." Like kumis, Tomonaga thought irrelevantly.

She returns his small bow, glad to have navigated these tricky waters of etiquette. "I am unsure. I suspect my predictions would likely not do the possibilities justice. One thing is for certain, mounted combat and horses will become more of a focus for some parts of the Empire. I suspect there will be many who wish to hire members of the Unicorn to train their troops. And I suspect there will be some contested bidding or attempted to breed their horse stock into the Empire's, if possible. The size alone of the beasts is a huge gain."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:12 pm

"Hmmm." Tomonaga said, his lips twisting. "I'll defer to your expertise on that first bit, of course. More in some lands than in others. They'd only be suitable in some parts of Crab lands, for instance. Although we do have a need for strong patrols..." He did not elaborate, but things did sometimes make it past the wall, after all.

"The second part though, yeah, I should think so. I'm here mainly representing my family's interests, and my family's main interest is sake. But, of course, a great deal of the trade we do is to support the armies, and it's similar in other Clans. Very astute of you, Matsu-san." He said. "It's fortunate for the Unicorn that the Ide, and some of the Iuchi, seem to be shrewd diplomats and traders themselves. I think they'll do a fine job of making sure that any deals are beneficial to the Unicorn as well as other Clans."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:"Hmmm." Tomonaga said, his lips twisting. "I'll defer to your expertise on that first bit, of course. More in some lands than in others. They'd only be suitable in some parts of Crab lands, for instance. Although we do have a need for strong patrols..." He did not elaborate, but things did sometimes make it past the wall, after all.

"The second part though, yeah, I should think so. I'm here mainly representing my family's interests, and my family's main interest is sake. But, of course, a great deal of the trade we do is to support the armies, and it's similar in other Clans. Very astute of you, Matsu-san." He said. "It's fortunate for the Unicorn that the Ide, and some of the Iuchi, seem to be shrewd diplomats and traders themselves. I think they'll do a fine job of making sure that any deals are beneficial to the Unicorn as well as other Clans."

Would you look at that? Praise from a courtier. Who would have thought?

She nods at his words. "I defer to your expertise on Crab lands. It makes sense that there would be places they would not be suitable for. "

"So is this your family's sake we are drinking here?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Tomonaga grinned. "Of course! This is the good stuff, too. Golden Carp Private Reserve." He turned the bottle so that she can see the calligraphy on the bottle, very well done compared to the average. "Most of our standard recipe, I donated to the feast. This is the stuff I save for special occasions. I'd say this qualifies."

He chuckled. "Besides, my family wouldn't like it if I was going around, drinking other family's sake. What would that say, where one of the heirs won't drink the product? Although..." He stroked his chin thoughtfully, still smiling. "I think I might be developing a taste for kumis. Or at least, I might have by the time the miai's over."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga grinned. "Of course! This is the good stuff, too. Golden Carp Private Reserve." He turned the bottle so that she can see the calligraphy on the bottle, very well done compared to the average. "Most of our standard recipe, I donated to the feast. This is the stuff I save for special occasions. I'd say this qualifies."

He chuckled. "Besides, my family wouldn't like it if I was going around, drinking other family's sake. What would that say, where one of the heirs won't drink the product? Although..." He stroked his chin thoughtfully, still smiling. "I think I might be developing a taste for kumis. Or at least, I might have by the time the miai's over."

She smiled. "I believe that was the sake I tried at the feast. Very nice, though not as good as this. I am glad to have met the benefactor of my previous drink." She chuckles along with him. "I am glad someone has a taste for kumis. It is not my kind of beverage sadly. I do not appear to have the stomach for it."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Tomonaga raised his cup, smiling, at her compliment to him.

"Mmm, yeah, it's not for everybody, that's for sure." Tomonaga said sympathetically. "Still, I'm excited for the chance to bring a bit of it back to my family. Try it out on them."

He looked at Kogo. "So... when all this is over, are you hoping to be bringing a husband back to Lion lands, then? Or... do you think you could get used to kumis?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga raised his cup, smiling, at her compliment to him.

"Mmm, yeah, it's not for everybody, that's for sure." Tomonaga said sympathetically. "Still, I'm excited for the chance to bring a bit of it back to my family. Try it out on them."

He looked at Kogo. "So... when all this is over, are you hoping to be bringing a husband back to Lion lands, then? Or... do you think you could get used to kumis?"

She ponders for a brief moment, and thinks back to the answer she gave Yogo-san. "I would prefer to bring a husband back to Lion lands. But...I will not lie. I am curious as to what a life amongst the Unicorn might be like. I think I could get used to that." She grimaces slightly. "The question is, whether my family would be as curious." She finishes the rest of her cup and gestures for a refill.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Tomonaga gave the Lion another generous pouring of the sake.

"That sounds good, Matsu-san." Tomonaga said, nodding agreeably. "I think I've got the same curiosity. Although, in my case, it's pretty likely that I'll end up bringing a wife back." He did outrank a good portion of the Unicorn women available.''

"Your family?" Tomonaga frowned. "Are they looking for something in particular? I know my family wants a connection with the Unicorn, which we'll have if I marry someone in, or if I marry out. Yours wouldn't be happy with the latter?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga gave the Lion another generous pouring of the sake.

"That sounds good, Matsu-san." Tomonaga said, nodding agreeably. "I think I've got the same curiosity. Although, in my case, it's pretty likely that I'll end up bringing a wife back." He did outrank a good portion of the Unicorn women available.''

"Your family?" Tomonaga frowned. "Are they looking for something in particular? I know my family wants a connection with the Unicorn, which we'll have if I marry someone in, or if I marry out. Yours wouldn't be happy with the latter?"

She shakes her head. "I think they would just prefer I brought someone back, rather than marrying out. My mother is....particularly opinionated, shall I say?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Tomonaga looked enlightened. "Ahhh..." His eyes light up as he lifted his own cup once more. "Believe me, I know what you mean. I know exactly what you mean." Shaking his head, he took another sip of his sake. "Maybe we should compare strategies, eh? I usually play dumb; that one seems to work pretty well."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga looked enlightened. "Ahhh..." His eyes light up as he lifted his own cup once more. "Believe me, I know what you mean. I know exactly what you mean." Shaking his head, he took another sip of his sake. "Maybe we should compare strategies, eh? I usually play dumb; that one seems to work pretty well."

She laughs, grateful that her words have conveyed her meaning. "I will to accept any advice on the matter. Playing dumb has never worked for me sadly though, as it usually ends with me being drilled extensively to ensure I have not forgotten anything. Occasionally, being out with the cats hunting has worked, but I always have to come back." She sips her sake. "My mother is enough Matsu pride and fury to make anyone tremble."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

"Huh. Unfortunately, that's pretty much my best move..." He shrugged.

For a few moments, Tomonaga tapped a finger on his lips, looking at Kogo, then he shrugged again. "That seems difficult, Matsu-san. I'm sorry. Do you think if you bring back a good husband, things will improve? Or is it just that you hope to form your own household at that point?"

Yasuki technique! Commerce/perception, +1 FR, D4 EE: 5d10o10k3+5 45. Resisted with Etiquette/Awareness. If I win, PM me "some material object or service you desire".
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:"Huh. Unfortunately, that's pretty much my best move..." He shrugged.

For a few moments, Tomonaga tapped a finger on his lips, looking at Kogo, then he shrugged again. "That seems difficult, Matsu-san. I'm sorry. Do you think if you bring back a good husband, things will improve? Or is it just that you hope to form your own household at that point?"

Yasuki technique! Commerce/perception, +1 FR, D4 EE: 5d10o10k3+5 45. Resisted with Etiquette/Awareness. If I win, PM me "some material object or service you desire".

She shrugs. " I suspect things will mellow down over time. But it does making joining the Unicorn occasionally look appealing. If I am on the move, it would be very difficult to find me and berate me. But that would also cause its own problems." She sips her sake. "But for now, the rain is here, the sake is good and the company is good. One of the Shinjo was talking to me of the idea of living in the present and taking joy there. I think I will take his advice."

/ooc

She rolls pretty badly, not a big surprise. Resisting Yasuki technique, EE thread: 4d10o10k2 13

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts