Rotten Eggs or Tea? (D4, EA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Rotten Eggs or Tea? (D4, EA, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"But it was not my intention to invite you over to lecture you on the importance of courtesy, Shinjo-san." she offered, changing the subject. "How have you found the miai thus far?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 pm

"It has been an experience, Doji-san." Yue had a faint smile on her lips. "I have met many samurai and I have learned much. '

She took a sip of the tea." And you, Doji-san?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Fukawa nods.

"It has certainly been an experience." she says. "Not at all like I was expecting. The Moto are certainly different than my expectations."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Yue swallowed. She knew what had happened with Butaj. It seemed more polite to not address it directly. "The Moto have their eccentricities, much like other Families. I am certain they will adapt to Rokugani customs."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 pm

A small nod from the Crane on this point.

"Ah well, it's not like the Moto will be providing the main representation in the courts for the Unicorn, ne? I've met Ide Amaya-san who seem to be quite the competent courtier." she replies.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:33 pm

"Hai. The Ide are known for their diplomatic aptitude." Yue took a sip from her cup and then decided to be direct. "What are your thoughts on Shinjo Akil-dono?" She wondered, for a brief moment, if the Crane would pick up on the honorific still being used. I wouldn't put it past her. She seems to pick apart every word choice.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Fukawa set down her tea cup.

"Hmm, well he's very well mannered, patient, compassionate, I'm really looking forward to hearing his flute performance tonight." she lists off.

Fukawa tilts her head a bit.

"Why the sudden interest in him though, Shinjo-san?" she asks, curious.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Yue kept the cup at her lips, a bit surprised with Fukawa's question. "I heard that you were speaking with him, Doji-san." She kept her eyes away. "I think of him as an excellent representative of the Shinjo."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Hai, I have been." she admits. "He even gave me a horseback riding lesson. His steed is quite impressive."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:33 pm

"Sou desu ka. He is a nice man." She continued to sip at her tea. I can't get a good read on her. The Yogo were right. They're just being honest with their masks.

Does she want to marry him? Heck, that's not a question to ask her.

"It is good that you had a lesson. I cannot think of a Unicorn who would be satisfied with a spouse who cannot ride."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"I thought it was important to try and make the effort. It may have only been a short, slow ride, but I got a very small taste of the exhilaration of riding." she said, obviously pleased with the experience.

"Are you close to Shinjo Akil, Shinjo-san?" she asked, curious about the Shinjo's intentions.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Yue shook her head. "I am not," she admitted. She let out a nervous giggle. "He is a hero of the Shinjo. I look up to him, Doji-san."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 pm

"Oh, really?" Fukawa said, offering more tea. "During our conversations he did not mention that, but then few people go around introducing themselves as heroes, ne?"

"Might I ask why he's a hero of the Shinjo?" she asked.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:08 pm

"Akil-dono is a humble man. He was surprised by my praise for him," she admitted. She took a sip from her tea in order to recover. "He rescued the life of the Otaku daimyo."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Fukawa nods.

"That would qualify one as a hero." she states simply. "I take it in doing so, he was injured?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts