(D3, LA) What A Fine Day

Re: (D3, LA) What A Fine Day

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:34 am

A bit wary that she may be getting melancholic, Taichi applies his own special brand of subtlety to try improve the mood. "I'm sure you will. And this miai is a good place for it, is it not? A chance to meet with others in a neutral setting, and learn more about both others and yourself. While I have done some travel since our return, this is my first chance to see so many different clans in once place."

He took a moment to put his words in order before continuing "And it seems that people have come in a welcoming spirit. Usagi-san with her history lessons, and Unicorn storytellers telling our tales. There is much to learn for all."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:35 am

If Misa kept a feeling of melancholy inside her, it didn't show in her warm look and tone as she spoke. "Shinjo-san has the right of it, of course. This is this one's first time outside the mountains, so it is a wonderful opportunity to meet many new people from all sorts of clans. It sounds as if Shinjo-san has already met many that have impressed upon him, yes?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 pm

"Hai. There have been many people here who seem to be working to bring the clans together." He paused for a moment. "Your first time outside the mountains? I have heard that the dragon are somewhat self-contained, but have you never sought to travel?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Misa shook her head softly. "It took me some time to get comfortable moving around when I was a child, and by the time I was old enough to do so reliably, I was in training with the Mirumoto. I only left their lands when my father died, and my brother and cousin have each needed my help in different ways since. I've had no time to travel sadly, even with a wish to experience more."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm

"A shame. I hope that you get more opportunities in the future. The world is a big place, and worth taking the time to explore." He didn't seem to react at all at the idea of a blind person training as a bushi. His Champion was blind after all.

"I'm hoping to see more of the empire in the future. There are many out there who have yet to meet one of my clan, and I would like to show them all that we are home."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Misa nodded. "I'm certain you could find a duty that could take you all over, perhaps in the Imperial Legions, or the Emerald Magistrates. My own duty doesn't seem likely to take me far any time soon. Perhaps I will travel with my daimyo to other realms... I can only wish."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 pm

He listened to her reply, saving the idea of those groups for later. And then she mentioned her daimyo."So you work directly for your daimyo?" High status things clearly impressed him "What an honour. I have heard that the Tonbo are in charge of contact with the Dragon clan, kind of like spokespeople. Is this what you do?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:03 am

Misa shook her head a little. "No, the finer points of diplomacy fall to those trained in such matters. There are more and more Agasha and Mirumoto helping with that since we joined the Dragon. My duties involve helping my cousin in her duties as daimyo, and advising her course as best I can."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:50 am

Cousin? "That still sounds like a position of quite some esteem." He was quiet for a moment. "So you are looking for a man to take back to your clan then? I doubt that your clan would give up one such as you easily."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:11 am

She nodded softly. "While I'm not at all adverse to the idea of traveling off to another clan, you're right. My position means that I would be bringing a husband back home."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm

He thought for a while about the people that his clan members that he had seen since his arrival. None of the males that he had seen seemed to carry any level of status that came close to matching what she was talking about. The only one that had that kind of status who was here was Kitakuhime, that he'd seen. A bit of a shame, since she seemed to him like she could do with getting out more. It was tempting to name drop her, but he resisted.

"Since you likely have the ability to pick your partner, what are you looking for?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Misa looked thoughtful. "A husband that is strong of spirit and heart, one that is honorable, patient, and thoughtful. The Tonbo are shugenja for the most part, and we have gone through many hardships. I wish someone who could be a beacon of hope, to look to a better future."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:16 am

Taichi's eyes lit up, sensing a like-minded spirit. There was quite a bit of force and passion in his words. "In that case I would most definitely recommend someone from my family. Where the Moto and Otaku are the hands and hooves of our clan, and the Ide and Iuchi are the mouth and mind, the Shinjo are the heart. We seek to follow in the footsteps of our progenitor, and embody all that a samurai should be."

A short pause, the positive energy rolling off him, happy to hear that such traits were sought after. "Ah, you have good taste, Tonbo-sama."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 am

Misa's cheeks flushed softly as she gave a shy smile. "If I do, it is only because of those who raised and taught me instilling good values within me." She paused, head tilting. "So, a Shinjo? Would Shinjo-san happen to have any recommendations?"

There was a soft lifting of the corner of her mouth in mirth.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:43 am

Too bad you're blind Tonbo-sama, or you'd see a perfect specimen right in front of you.

He thought it really hard, but managed to keep it in. There was definitely a hint of smugness in his voice that he couldn't hide though, standing out in his mock sadness. "Sadly I don't know any male Shinjo other than myself at this miai well enough to recommend them to you."

"Still, I'm sure that any that you happen to meet around the town will be only too willing to rise to your expectations."
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village