When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

Re: When in Darkness, Light (D3, LM, Expecting)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Kitakuhime nods accordingly. "The Matsu. That is a very good comparison."

After sipping again, she asks her second question, "Does Seppun-san knows how to ride?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Hideo nodded in agreement with Chi-Pu "it can be difficult I imagine, when one's' kin are as famous as the Shitome, to feel as equal. In some ways, the Seppun can relate. We serve the Emperor as his protectors, his guardians. Many will not see the work me and my kin do to ensure his safety, and the safety of those who attend the Imperial courts, but we do not do our duties to be recognised. There is no greater honour than to serve the Emperor directly after all."

He paused at Kitakuhimes question, then shook his head.

"I have studied horsemanship, but I have never had the chance to truly put my knowledge to the test. The horses of the Imperial families have many very important duties, serving the Imperial Legions and the Imperial Heralds, and a priest of the Seppun is unlikely to serve under either. It is something I truly wish to learn though, especially as my future is to be the bride of the greatest riders in the Empire."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm

The Otaku heir smiles. "Indeed. There's no greater honor than serve the Emperor. We are glad to hear you have studied your horsemanship. Perhaps we should put it to practice, when Seppun-san has the time."

Kitakuhime seems genuinely satisfied with his answers. She returns the favor to the Imperial, asking, "Is there something Seppun-san would like to know more about us?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm

"I am not much of a storyteller, that is more the Marta, but I could recall a few different stories told of our history, if you like Seppun-san"
Unicorn Clan | Battle Maiden | Nikutai
Gullible | Can't Lie| Doubt: Kyujutsu | Allergy: Shellfish
Honor: Exceptional | Status 2.0 | Glory 0.2 | Courtship Points 2

Profile Theme

Outfit: Purple Shirt, Brown Leather Pants, Daisho
Combat: Back Banner, Dai-Kyu, Quiver, Daisho, Riding Armor
Steed: Tianma
Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 pm

"I would certainly welcome the chance to see if my studies have proven to be useful or not, if it would not take too much time out of Otaku-samas day it would be an honour" Hideo gave the heiress a bow of thanks. He had been preparing to ask something when Chi-Pu had brought up the conversation of history. Hideo looked interested at that.

"The histories of the Unicorn are something I am very interested in; you have experienced so much in the time you were beyond Rokugans borders, and seen things that those of us within the Empire could not hope to imagine. I would certainly welcome learning of the unique sights and experiences you and your kin have come across when wandering the lands."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:46 pm

"Well, what is the first thing you are curious about? I am sure between Otaku-sama and myself, we should have an answer"

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 am

"I think the sights. Is there anything you experienced or saw, or that your kin experienced before you, that remains with your kin? Beyond the Dark Ride of course" Hideo commented thoughtfully
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Chi-Pu on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:43 pm

"I never got to see it myself, but the Great Sea was where I was born. I was told from my parents it was an amazing sight to behold. Water as far as you could see in every direction!"

Chi-Pu looks at Kitakuhime for her input

Profile Theme

Otaku Chi-Pu

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:26 pm

"The Great Wall." Kitakuhime reminds herself of the scene, "When I laid my eyes on it, I knew we had finally arrived to our ancestral home."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 am

Hideo was surprised at Kitakuhimes answer more than Chi-Pu. "The Great Wall to the south? There was no more memorable sight beyond Rokugans borders?"

He thought about it for a moment before smiling.

"Of course not; to have spent so long trying to find Rokugan, finally finding it again must have been a quite incredible sight. No longer stuck in darkness, instead you were finally back where you and your kin belong. Forgive me, I had not considered such a thing before - my mind had thought to vast gaijin sights that exist beyond the wall and not considered what home would look like to those who had never seen it before."
Seppun Hideo

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts