(D4 EN) What Lies Within

Re: (D4 EN) What Lies Within

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 am

Yue went over to wipe away the other eye. "I do not think I would care for you without those faults, Mizuki. You persevere despite the obstacles set before you. You told me the truth because you respected my Clan's need for Honesty." Her lips curled into a sad smile. "I like you for more than your beauty."

She lowered her hand though she nuzzled into the hand on her cheek. "I may regret this in the morning. The thrill and pain of battle can drive a samurai to forget her place."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 am

Mizuki didn't particularly know the Unicorn respect honesty above anyone else, but OK. She's learning things. But beyond that, she's not sure how to react. When she was on the journey here, she had hoped to hear such words from a suitor. Father is right. The Fortunes are bastards.

"If you do, we will act as if nothing happen."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:31 am

"Iie," she murmured, followed by a muffled sigh. Tentatively she placed her hand over the one on her cheek. "Regret is unbecoming of a samurai. I will not deny my actions." She felt the tears coming back to her eyes.

Come on, Yue, you're supposed to be the big, tough bushi.

"You may depend on me, Mizuki. If you require my assistance during this miai I will give it." She lowered her eyes, her lips trembling. "After the proceedings are over, it will depend on circumstance."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 am

"Thank you. Your offer is kind, but there is nothing that can be done." Mizuki remembers her afternoon with Sutiechi. The man Yue's sister is considering. She becomes sicken of herself. She cannot tell her. And warning Yue that she is not a good person without telling her will do nothing.

"Yue, if there is anything I can do to help you succeed at this miai, let me know. I want to help you." You deserve better than me.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:03 am

"You are likely to remain a Yogo, Mizuki. Any suitor of yours will not be as high standing as yourself. An dos, if I were to marry into your Clan then we may remain close." She gave a bashful smile. "I would like that very much. However, Mizuki, my offer extends beyond marriage arrangements. If you need me to help you with anything then I will be there."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Mizuki nods. "I know." After a second. "My offer goes beyond the miai as well." Mizuki wasn't sure why she was making this offer. Did she just want to make Liu Yue feel better? Did she just need to feel close to someone? Did she just need someone to love her even if she couldn't return that love? The last thought just deepen her self-loathing.

At a lost for words, Mizuki just remains by Yue's side.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:47 pm

"Arigatou gozaimasu." She did not notice the Yogo's doubts surrounding the situation. Her own mental state clouded her ability to see more past the surface of her words.

The love-struck Shinjo leaned back and began to take off her armor. She had enough clothing underneath as to not feel indecent once the process was done. Yeah. The battle is over, Yue. It was a difficult task with one arm but she refused to ask Mizuki for help. "We lost someone in the battle," she remarked. Her tone hinted towards Regret but she tried to keep it simply informative. "Another survived. I am still surprised. The blow was enough to kill anyone in ordinary circumstances."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Mizuki gets up and retrieves Yue's kimono that she had left here last time. She has had it cleaned and sets it down by Yue in case she wants to change into clean clothes.

Hearing the news of loss, Mizuki simply asks, "Who?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Yue looked to the kimono and back to Mizuki. "Oh. I forgot to return yours. Gomennasai." Her cheeks turned a bit pink. "I was too bashful to return it sooner, Mizuki. I will send it to you tomorrow."

"One of the shiotome," she replied. The image of Chi-Pu wrapped inside the orochi's coils was still fresh in her mind. I tried. No, no, no. I cannot feel Regret.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 pm

"Arigato."

One of her Clan. Probably best for the Unicorn to not have a guest die at the miai. But not for Yue. Mizuki gives a sympathetic look. "Did you know her well?" For Yue's sake, Mizuki was hoping the answer was no.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:01 pm

"Iie. I know she served as nikutai for the Otaku." Yue let out a harsh sigh. She took it as another failure to not know more about one of her comrades. "I tried to save her," she finally said in between breaths.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm

"From what you described, I don't know if anyone could."

After a moment and looking away to give Yue privacy should she want to change into clean clothes, Mizuki asks a question, "How do the Unicorn deal with death?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Yue went about changing into her kimono. The prospect of doing so with Mizuki still left her embarrassed. "We know of Meido," she started, "Her spirit will be reborn in new flesh." She let out a long exhale. "I should not dishonor her by bemoaning her sacrifice."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 pm

"I was asking about your traditions. I remember my grandfather's funeral. My mother told me we don't mourn for them. We mourn for ourselves. We mourn that we miss them. I'm not a bushi. But I understand how battle can create bonds among warriors."

Mizuki remembers that time. It was one of the few times she and her mother got along.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:34 pm

"We cremate the deceased. I believe it is the same as the other Clans."

She placed her hand on Mizuki's shoulder when she was done changing. "I find it odd, Mizuki. many of my Clan were lost on the Dark Ride. However, this loss is more poignant." She let out a sigh. "I thought we were done with battle."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms