Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Re: Dinner Party [D3, EE, OPEN]

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She shakes her head. "No, just good eyes. It seemed many were enjoying this vintage. I had heard that one of the Yasuki here has some connection to sake."

"Oh? That's interesting. I've had some Crab sake before. I'll give the Yasuki one thing. They know their sake."

Kogo nods. "It seems they do and I am grateful for their knowledge. " she pauses to look around the room. "This is an unusual gathering in some ways Yogo-San. Such a variety of clans and people. Such possibility. "
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 pm

"I guess it can be suspected. Everyone wants to learn about the Unicorn."

Mizuki cocks her head. "I'm curious, what do you think of them so far?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I guess it can be suspected. Everyone wants to learn about the Unicorn."

Mizuki cocks her head. "I'm curious, what do you think of them so far?"

Kogo pauses, seeking to distill her thoughts into political words. "They are different from us in many ways, but I find them interesting. Their stories are fascinating and their warriors appear strong. I also appreciate the rapport they have with their animals. As a beast master, I am obviously biased to those who treat their animals with such care as the Unicorn do. " she reaches down and rubs Noburu's ears.
Last edited by Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:54 pm

She listened intently, enamoured with his speech, and nodded slowly.
"Ah, I too have little patience for those who dance around and don't say what they truly mean. I prefer honesty above all things."

A pause, and she looked at Butaj once more, a smile creeping upon her own features. "I don't think it will be my decision that leads to my marriage either, Moto-san, so I hope I make a good impression somewhere, that a good Unicorn man would want to marry me."
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Butaj is surprised that one Bunny is honest and the other Bunny is not but perhaps they teach them differently. Tsukimi's words earn her a knowing grin. "We have many good men. Butaj has little doubt that Usagi Tsukimi's pure heart will earn her affections of a good man! Ha, if she becomes kidnapped onto a horse, may it be known that is it out of love." He smirks, putting a filled cup in har hand. "Geumbei for that!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:07 pm

She laughed a little at that, and grinned, and tilted her head to one side to look at Butaj as he gave her the cup. "Well, so long as my kidnapping is done with good intention, that's the important part," she laughed, and held the cup up! "Uh, gumbai?!"
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:36 pm

"Only with the best." He then laughs when she joins his toast. "Ah, whatever!" And swigs it. "It gets better!" He says after wiping the corners of his lips with the tip of his finger.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Shimizu Ryori wrote:"I believe thier smaller horses, which are still twice the size of our standard ones, can be ridden by both sexes, and they have infantry as well. The Moto are thier version of our Matsu or Hida but on Horseback, while the Shitome of the Otaku ride the great monster horses and are known for thier honor and skill in tactics and swordsmanship similar to Akodo or Daidoji, or so I gather. The sinjo are of course the leaders and take the roll of scout, fulfilling the roll of the Hirima or Bayushi, the Ude diplomats and storytellers like the Ikoma or Yasuki, and the Iuchi the priests."

"Huh." Tomonaga said. "I have yet to meet any of the Ide, except for a few of those that were in charge of the feast that first day, and the ones I tested with yesterday. But I expect to be doing so soon. I've met all the others. Seems like I get along best with the Shinjo and the Iuchi... although I think the Iuchi I met may have been a little unusual for them." He smiled in memory.

"What about you? Any families you feel most kinship with?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm

She has a hefty sip. "That it does, Moto-san; it does get better, I like to think we can find something better in every day then the last."

Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo pauses, seeking to distill her thoughts into political words. "They are different from us in many ways, but I find them interesting. Their stories are fascinating and their warriors appear strong. I also appreciate the rapport they have with their animals. As a beast master, I am obviously biased to those who treat their animals with such care as the Unicorn do. " she reaches down and rubs Noburu's ears.

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I have come to a similar conclusion. It is nice to see that you feel the same way. Different viewpoints leading to the same conclusion is usually a good sign."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo pauses, seeking to distill her thoughts into political words. "They are different from us in many ways, but I find them interesting. Their stories are fascinating and their warriors appear strong. I also appreciate the rapport they have with their animals. As a beast master, I am obviously biased to those who treat their animals with such care as the Unicorn do. " she reaches down and rubs Noburu's ears.

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I have come to a similar conclusion. It is nice to see that you feel the same way. Different viewpoints leading to the same conclusion is usually a good sign."

She nods. "It is a hopeful thing." She looks at the Yogo's mask for a moment and then says, "So you and Bayushi-san trained together. Has he changed much since you last saw him?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 am

Mizuki shakes her head. "No. He seems the same to me. Does he seem different to you?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:27 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki shakes her head. "No. He seems the same to me. Does he seem different to you?"

She shakes her head. "No, I was just curious. I have only known him for the past 6 months and then at court. I suspect it is different when one trains together."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 am

Mizuki shrugs. "We are not that far out of our gempuku. I suppose if it had been years. Though, I suspect six months from now would lead to a different answer."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:53 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki shrugs. "We are not that far out of our gempuku. I suppose if it had been years. Though, I suspect six months from now would lead to a different answer."

She nods. "Especially after the many weddings that will likely come of this event. They say marriage changes many things. I have always wondered what would change the most."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts