Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Re: Game On (D3 LE - VERY OPEN)

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Hotaru good spirits faded off as the Moto grew more inquisitive, looking a touch hurt. "I sincerely hope that Moto-san and Moto-san don't think of me, as a liar. I have no reason to deceive either of you in our conversation. I cannot speak on behalf of my kinsman or the meaning of his words, if he had told you such a thing. We are known to be ruthless and efficient in the courts by reputation, perhaps. I know that I'm not lying to you and I hope that you find it in your hearts to look beyond muddled words."

“You have been most open to me and mine, I do not think you liar. More like Rabbit-sensei, large mind many words inside,” she says kindly.

“Would be good for Unicorn to have one who wishes to understand as kin.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:57 pm

She grew a little less defensive at Khulun's response and gave a few understanding nods. At the mention of the Rabbit-sensei, she's reminded the round of questioning she had to endure from the Moto, the same Moto in fact.

"That's fine...It's only fair that you wish to know more of my Family. I hope I've provided some semblance of clarity. To this day, the Bayushi Family is a proud family capable of many roles and our methods might be deemed controversial by others. We still honour Bayushi-Kami's own brand of grace and guile in our courtier and bushi traditions. It's understandable that we've built an amount of notoriety over the years, prompting others to make assumptions about us. Just know that sometimes when a Scorpion brings you in closely, it doesn't always mean we're about to sting you."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 pm

“You are one Bayushi just as I am one Moto, I am Moto but not all Moto, same with you, yes?” she says in reply.

“Thank you for sharing words of Bayushi.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Reasonable words, from a Moto? Now, I'm surprised.

She smiled softly and gave Khulun a deep nod of appreciation. "You're very much welcome, Moto-san. I'm pleased to clear the air for you, so to speak. Please do not hesitate to come to me if you require my assistance. I also happen to be a skilled diviner as well."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:46 pm

“You can divine the future? Do you read the bones… how do you… see the future?” she asks.
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Again with the bones. "Something to that effect, more like providing inspection through the possibilities of the future. As a shrine maiden, I'm learned in a number of methods when it comes to seeing the future but my preferred method is consulting the oracle when it comes to determining where one's red string of fate can be found."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Again with the bones. "Something to that effect, more like providing inspection through the possibilities of the future. As a shrine maiden, I'm learned in a number of methods when it comes to seeing the future but my preferred method is consulting the oracle when it comes to determining where one's red string of fate can be found."

“Perhaps when you find time I can seek you out for a reading, I… would like to know if my fortunes will be good in the coming days,” she says.

“If Sayyeda Ho-taru would do such, I would be grateful.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

"Oh, absolutely! My tent is always open for such an appointment, or you can seek me out at the local shrine too." She nodded eagerly at that and looked to Bataar with an inviting smile. "That offer is also extended to you as well, Moto Bataru-san."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:55 pm

She yawns lightly and says, “Thank you, I should find some rest and kumis!”

“May the sand stay out of your boots, Sayyeda.”

She departs.
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:31 am

What if I'm not wearing boots and what is a sa-yee-da, anyway? "Oh, absolutely! I hope you've had a pleasant night, Moto-san. Carry the Fortunes!" She called out after her as she bowed in farewell.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:39 am

Togashi Udo wrote:
Doji Fukawa wrote:A swiftly deployed fan catches any sort of chuckle or smile at the Dragon's antics. On, always on.

"You seem to be in quite good physical shape yourself, Togashi-san." she offered politely. "Do you think one of the Unicorn families will host a competition to let demonstrate what you are capable of athletically?"

Udo inclines his head toward her. "Well, I did very well for myself at dinner the first night, and I did well in the archery contest. Hopefully I can continue to do well, but once you start winning... well, it either goes to one's head or someone else goes for their head. Metaphorically, of course."

He looks around. "The Dragon do not often marry for the reasons we are here, and the ise zumi even less so. I'm just hoping to be rated high enough to choose someone I love."

That causes the Doji's dyed eyebrows to do their own attempt at hovering. They don't manage to get off her face, but they made a near thing of the hairline.

"That's quite a goal, Togashi-san." she offers. "Might I ask what inspired you to aim for it?"
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Togashi Udo on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 am

"I have never met a samurai who proclaimed 'all I want is to be partially honorable!' The goal should always be for the most desirable thing, with the recognition that one might not reach it."

Udo plays another stone onto the Go board and then looks back up at the Doji. "If I had been sent here to solidify an alliance or something similar, that would be the goal. But I was sent here as a gesture of our interest in the Unicorn Clan and our growing friendship. As long as I give no offense, my Clan will be pleased with the results... so why not aim for love?"

Udo shrugs a little. "Though it is an awfully short time to find it. Perhaps I will find it like a lightning strike: sudden and fierce."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Ryuuta Tsume on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:52 am

Shinjo Monkhbaatar wrote:
Ryuuta Tsume wrote:...

"That sounds quite interesting, and this does seem to be a night for things out of the ordinary," he says with a smirk.

"Hmm...wagers are traditionally part of the game though."
Piranha Clan • Courtier • Prone to Sadness • Likes Animals
Glory: 1.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 0
Carries: Wakazashi, Hat
Ryuuta Tsume

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:57 am

"Well, I mean I have a bunch of the koku coins that the empire uses. The Ide took care of trading out other stuff and figuring out the whole exchange thing."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:21 am

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:"Oh, absolutely! My tent is always open for such an appointment, or you can seek me out at the local shrine too." She nodded eagerly at that and looked to Bataar with an inviting smile. "That offer is also extended to you as well, Moto Bataru-san."

Baatar blinked a moment in startlement. "Um... err....." The young Unicorn was afflicted with sudden shyness as Hotaru invited him to her tent. Is this how it works? he wondered. What should I say? What would Khulun do?

"I would be glad to visit your tent, Bayushi-san," he managed to say at last, his cheeks reddening slightly.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts