When Will My Life Begin? (D4, Early Afternoon)

Re: When Will My Life Begin? (D4, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:16 pm

"Exciting." he smiled. "The very idea of being home, is beyond satisfying. But, rediscovering the Empire, learning where we came from and seeing what it has become, is thrilling. It's a little overwhelming, really."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 pm

"I can only imagine," she chuckled. "I can only hope you feel like you are learning more about the Empire during this miai... and helping you not making it so overwhelming."

"All of us visiting are curious and excited to learn about you too, but... it's probably more overwhelming for you than it is for us."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 pm

"It's... Well, I'm still coming to terms with it, really." he admitted. "I am a minor member of a vassal family. Regardless of who I am matched with, I am likely to be married into another clan. That excites and terrifies me."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm

"Hm... what would you say terrifies you the most about it?" she asked in a gentle tone, trying to show that she was understanding of his predicament.
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

"In a life of constant travel, the one consistent thing you have is your family." He responded. "Now, our family has a home, but I will be leaving it. So much will be new and different. That is exciting, but I won't be experiencing it with those I've spent my life with."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Tomoe nodded thoughtfully. Family was important, and she understood the Unicorn had been a tight-knit group for long... even marriage wouldn't take them apart as they would still travel together.

"I can see how that would feel... scary. I can't relate to it fully, but I can understand why you feel that way. And why many of your kin might feel that way. I find it a little scary too to think of joining the Unicorn, to be honest," she shook her head a little.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:48 pm

"I don't imagine I'm the only one with such feelings." he shrugged. "I suppose this is just a part of life, though."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:55 pm

"It is..." Tomoe nodded. Though her reasons for being scared of joining the Unicorn were a little different from his.

"... I'm sure you'll find someone who will welcome you, and do their best to make you feel at home with your new family. And who knows, you'll probably be able to travel and visit your blood-relatives often!" she offered in a cheerful tone.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 pm

"Hopefully." he nodded. "What about you, Usagi-sama? Is there anything you'd like to know about the Unicorn?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:32 pm

"Well, a lot, of course!" she chuckled. "I mean... ahem... I'm a historian. Not so different from you and Hanashi-san, but I don't tell stories, as my medium is more the written word than the storytelling... but the concept is the same; learn history, remember it when it happens to pass onto the next generation. So I want to learn about all you have experienced in the lands beyond, how some of your traditions had to change and adapt, like I learned yesterday about how Iuchi-shiryo discovered new magic to help his clan."

The Hare stopped herself, realising she was probably talking too much in her excitement. "But I also want to learn about the people who have now come home. Historical events are well and good, but the ones who will now shape the Unicorn in the Empire are of interest. Especially, since... you know... we're all here to get married."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:49 pm

He nodded. "What happens here will influence the future of the Unicorn in the Empire. You may help us document our history in written form, for instance."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 pm

"I hope I can do that," she said with a nod. "I try to teach what I can of history to you too, but yes... I've been making notes on what I have learned so far, to better aid understanding between the Unicorn and the other Clans. You've been gone for so long, and so much has happened, for both you and us, it's a lot to catch up on."

"... So if you marry out, will you be telling new stories, or stories of the Unicorn?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:15 pm

"Both, I imagine." he smiled. "It depends on where I end up. Hopefully, I can learn some about every clan before this is over, to gain some understanding of where I may end up. I doubt that decision will be up to me, though."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 pm

"Don't sell yourself too short, oh brave hunter of eggs and enemy of weasels," Tomoe said with a playful smile. "It seems you are held in much higher esteem than someone like myself by our hosts, so I think you have a good chance of reaching high enough to have some say in who you want to choose for marriage."

"A capable Unicorn bushi, I mean it only makes sense that you will be well-prepared for these tests provided for us."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:29 pm

"I am not so sure, but thank you." he chuckled. "And, don't be dismissive of yourself, Usagi-sama. There are still several tests to go."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion